Nuclear Blast is offering a free stream of Stones Grow Her Name, the new album from Finnish metallers Sonata Arctica, which is now available at this location for a limited time all the way through May 21st. The album was released today in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported over here.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sonata Arctica

Posted: 18.05.2012 by Array

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 19.05.2012 at 01:10
Unia part II. Very disappointing. At least hearing the streaming has saved me £10.
WorpeX - 19.05.2012 at 01:47
Written by The Shape 1973 on 19.05.2012 at 01:10

Yup. The Wildfire songs are great. A shame the rest of the album isn't. Not worth buying the album for though.
Stratowarrior - 19.05.2012 at 02:20
If you were expecting to like it on the first listen then the album is not for you, but the more i listen to it, the more i love it. the only song which i don't like that much is Cinderblox but the rest of the album is great i'd give it a 7.7/10
SymphAlchemist - 17.06.2012 at 21:41
Written by The Shape 1973 on 19.05.2012 at 01:10

Unia is better...
Milena - 17.06.2012 at 22:36
Written by SymphAlchemist on 17.06.2012 at 21:41

Unia is better...

Not only is it better, the two albums couldn't be more different. Not sure where he got that vibe.
The Shape 1973 - 17.06.2012 at 23:57
Written by Milena on 17.06.2012 at 22:36

Written by SymphAlchemist on 17.06.2012 at 21:41

Unia is better...

Because it is a massive disappointment just like Unia. Unia was a big departure from what they had done before, going in completely the wrong direction and making a mess of an album. Stones has gone away from the improvement that was Grey.
Milena - 17.06.2012 at 23:58
Written by The Shape 1973 on 17.06.2012 at 23:57

Because it is a massive disappointment just like Unia.

Oh, I get it now, I thought you meant it sounded like Unia. Sorry 'bout that.
The Shape 1973 - 18.06.2012 at 00:07
Written by Milena on 17.06.2012 at 23:58

Written by The Shape 1973 on 17.06.2012 at 23:57

Because it is a massive disappointment just like Unia.

Oh, I get it now, I thought you meant it sounded like Unia. Sorry 'bout that.

No problem. A once great band disappoints again. Banjos? Who thought that would be a good idea?

I know that it won't happen and bands should never go back, but I miss Silence and Ecliptica.
Milena - 18.06.2012 at 00:15
Written by The Shape 1973 on 18.06.2012 at 00:07

Banjos? Who thought that would be a good idea?

That's one of the things that turned out to be most fun about this album for me (and for a lot of other people), and that was the only thing I was worried about.

I don't know how to feel about it, obviously I'm prone to liking Sonata Arctica's sound and a huge part of this album felt really pleasant for me, especially the ending. But it is completely underwritten. And some songs should have been scrapped completely.

They've been taking genre turns every album for almost 8 years now, and that's good, but... just write how you feel, not how you think it's supposed to sound like. They've fallen into that pitfall again. Blah. Can't express my feelings properly.

As for playing in the old style again, here's the Japanese bonus track off SGHN. Sounds like '99 or even '96. I'm not that much into that style any more, but this song should have taken "I Have A Right"'s place on this album.

News Sonata Arctica - Entire New Album Streaming Online 12.5 28.03.2014 by The Shape 1973
News Sonata Arctica - New Album Teaser Online 10.5 31.03.2012 by Uldreth
News Cattle Decapitation - Entire New Album Streaming Online, Join Shockwave Festival Tour 7 05.05.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Eluveitie - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 03.04.2009 by Bleeding angel
News Whitechapel - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 06.06.2010 by Troy Killjoy