"Darkness Within", a brand new video from US groove thrashers Machine Head has premiered and is now available for viewing below. The song is taken from the band's seventh album Unto The Locust, released last year through Roadrunner Records. The clip was directed by Robb Flynn, Milan Basel and Jorge Nunez.

The band is currently headlining the Przystanek Woodstock Festival in Poland.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Machine Head

Posted: 02.08.2012 by BudDa

Comments

bitethepain - 03.08.2012 at 00:21
Wow! What an awesome song from one of my favorite bands. This is one dark and disturbing video. Its about that darkness within, the lowest that we can go and the redemptive power of music.

Music is my religion! Some of my favorite lyrics!

"So pray to music,
Build a shrine,
Worship in these desperate times
Fill your heart with every note,
Cherish it and cast afloat.
Cause God is in these clef and tone,
Salvation is found alone,
Haunted by it's melody,
Music, it will set you free"
Ace Frawley - 03.08.2012 at 00:24
I agree, this is a very creative video. A bit scary too, for a sensitive, new-age guy like me. A fantastic song from a brilliant album by an incredible band. Thank you Machine Head. Over and out.
Troy Killjoy - 03.08.2012 at 00:44
Definitely one of the better videos I've seen from a metal band. Too bad the song is so boring.
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.08.2012 at 00:58
Great video but what an extremely terrible song.

I keep on asking myself why Machine Head has never managed to even come close to the greatness of their Burn My Eyes debut. Really everything afterwards is mediocre at best.
Angelic Storm - 03.08.2012 at 01:18
I was a bit disappointed with the last album, but this is one of the best songs on it, and the video is surprisingly great for a metal band. The film "Buried" appears to have influenced this video...
Lit. - 03.08.2012 at 04:27
See, this is how music vids should be made. Put just as much time and thought process into it as you did the song.
SleepFan - 03.08.2012 at 18:19
Kind of an over the top video for this song. I love the song but, the video is sort of creepy for an uplifting song.
Dark Blood - 03.08.2012 at 19:55
It is a pretty brutal video! Ok song though, I still think the vocals on this album are a bit weird. But yeah, I really like the video.

News Machine Head - New Video Online 10.5 28.10.2011 by Angelic Storm