After last year's riveting Celestial Completion album, US progressive metalcore band Becoming The Archetype has revealed details about their new upcoming fifth album. It will be titled I Am and is set to be released on September 18th through Solid State Records. The artwork and tracklist were unveiled and can be seen below. The album was produced by Shane Frisby.

You can also listen to a sample of the new track "The Time Bender" below and unlock the remainder of the song by spreading the word for others to listen.

I Am tracklist:

10. I AM

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Becoming The Archetype

Posted: 15.08.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

musclassia - 15.08.2012 at 15:42
Hoping for a vast improvement on the previous album, which was a huge disappointment considering how great the first 3 are, but with the founding members all gone and the not particularly interesting sample, setting my sights pretty low. Such a shame if this band turns crap though.
BlueMobius - 15.08.2012 at 17:20
Written by musclassia on 15.08.2012 at 15:42

All the original founding members may be gone but guitarist Seth Hecox (Count Seth) has written music and played on all of the band's full-length releases.
musclassia - 15.08.2012 at 17:34
Written by BlueMobius on 15.08.2012 at 17:20

I know, I'm not complaining about them going by a different name, but a change in sound might be expected given the shift in band members, especially with the departure of Jason Wisdom. Ah well, as long as it sounds good I don't care, but I'm not particularly hopeful.
Mr. Doctor - 15.08.2012 at 20:33
I thought the latest was pretty good. Huh... Nice artwork!
Dane Train - 16.08.2012 at 03:36
Written by musclassia on 15.08.2012 at 17:34

I agree. It is sad to see Jason and Duck leave. I know both of them personally (Duck is the brother-in-law to one of my closest friends) but they both are in a place in their lives where the band is not something they can do. All we, as fans, can do is support the band in continuing to make great music.
infernaldeath87 - 16.08.2012 at 06:27
I liked the previous record and I bet this one will pretty good.

News Becoming The Archetype - New Album Streaming, New Video Online 10.5 31.03.2011 by Dargor
News Becoming The Archetype - New Album Cover Art Revealed 10 10.02.2011 by
News The Sword - New Album Details Revealed 7 10.09.2012 by yanivush147
News The Gates Of Slumber - New Album Details, New Song Online 7 26.03.2011 by Clint W.
News The Man-Eating Tree - Debut Album Details, New Song And Teaser Revealed 7 17.07.2010 by Vitriolic Hate