For those who were wondering when the new Cradle Of Filth album would finally be released, now there is some light at the end of the tunnel. The band has announced an October 30th North American release date for their 10th studio album, The Manticore & Other Horrors, out just in time for Halloween courtesy of Nuclear Blast USA. The European release date will be announced soon.

Dani Filth commented: "This is our 10th commandment in metal. We have diversified and kept alive the spirit of this band and breathed it into something that I can proudly say, slays like an absolute motherf**ker. The Manticore is coming... Long live the filth!"

The album was recorded in eight weeks at both Springvale and Grindstone studios (where it was also mixed by Scott Atkins), Suffolk and is described this way: "The Manticore & Other Horrors itself possesses an altogether new atmosphere for the band, incorporating a heavier, faster NWOBBM punk vibe that is both current and cruel, blended with ornate orchestration and the quirky immediateness of 2000's Midian opus."

"The album's title can be likened to a bestiary, a collection of stories on monsters - personal demons, Chimeras, literary fiends and world-enslaving entities to blame but a few. 'Manticore', the ravening title track, is a song about a beautiful mythological horror that comes to be feared as the disfigurehead of foreign occupation in the Indian provinces."

"The songs 'Illicitus' and 'Pallid Reflection' bare the sweet ingredients of vampirism and lycanthropy; the wicked 'For Your Vulgar Delectation' and 'Frost On Her Pillow' are woven perversely into grim fairy tales, whilst classic, monumental tracks like 'The Abhorrent and Siding With The Titans' both extol tentacular Lovecraftian values. Cradle Of Filth will spread its darkness upon European lands with a tour throughout November and December."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth

Posted: 18.08.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Bad English - 18.08.2012 at 13:28
NWOBBM - what does it stands for nbew wave of british black metal?
Cynic Metalhead - 18.08.2012 at 14:19
Quote:

LOL
.Nick - 18.08.2012 at 14:20
Written by Bad English on 18.08.2012 at 13:28

NWOBBM - what does it stands for nbew wave of british black metal?

Yep, New Wave of British Black Metal.
s_t_s - 18.08.2012 at 16:08
Reading that new album should follow Midian is a good sign ! I mostly enjoy all CoF albums, even the poor sounding Thornography that isn't that bad, only too different from what you could expect from CoF.
GothMan - 18.08.2012 at 16:51
Opethian - 18.08.2012 at 17:04
Im hoping for something fresh. I love this band and i have a huge amount of respect for them, but they need to do something different with this release As for the title, i like it over 'Darkly, Darkly' haha!
AngelofDeth - 18.08.2012 at 20:12
Written by Opethian on 18.08.2012 at 17:04

Yea I even prefer Thornography of Darkly Darkly b/c at least its different! the last (real) album was just plain boring. As for the album title, well theyve never been the greatest at album titles and this is not much different lol
Opethian - 18.08.2012 at 22:10
Written by AngelofDeth on 18.08.2012 at 20:12

Written by Opethian on 18.08.2012 at 17:04

Their album titles are good. Especially their first 3 studio albums I just wish Cradle of Filth would bring back some of their old school Vampyrical Supremacy back ... oh well.
Vermoorden - 18.08.2012 at 23:45
Can't wait for this one! Its shaping up to be the best cradle album in 10 years if what dani says is true.
AngelofDeth - 19.08.2012 at 01:07
Written by Opethian on 18.08.2012 at 22:10

Yea I guess I forgot about those first three oops
Super_Greg - 19.08.2012 at 06:57
I actually really liked Godspeed, and i dont like COF at all. I miss their symphonic stuff.
Dinesen - 19.08.2012 at 12:00
Cradle are fucking great! Can't wait to see the cover art!
Cynic Metalhead - 19.08.2012 at 17:47
Written by s_t_s on 18.08.2012 at 16:08

For me, honestly, this band died after the release of Cruelty And The Beast.
Opethian - 19.08.2012 at 20:52
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 19.08.2012 at 17:47

Written by s_t_s on 18.08.2012 at 16:08

For me, honestly, this band died after the release of Cruelty And The Beast.

They didn't die, they just became less 'Filthy'
Swietowit11 - 20.08.2012 at 02:01
Interesting concept. Their last album seemed a little CoF by-the-numbers to me. I hope they make a concerted effort to make this one stand out more in their discography, in a positive way of course.
s_t_s - 20.08.2012 at 15:34
Hey you cannot expect a 20 year old band to play the way they did with their debut album... Yet I know what you mean, I like Midian and Cruelty and the Beast so much. Yet, as I have been listening to them over the last days, I have to say that I also like their other albums. I mean "Damnation and an Day" isn't the usual CoF album either. Nymphetamine has good songs too and I love Godspeed on the devils' thunder. Even Darkly Darkly Venus Aversa is good but you are right they are not so filthy

Hey Dani is almost 40 years old guys (damn it, just like me )
Nocturno-Inculto - 22.08.2012 at 23:07
This will be a great, great, GREAT shitty album...

News Cradle Of Filth - To Release New Album In USA Via Nuclear Blast 10.5 09.07.2010 by
News Cradle Of Filth - Announce North American Tour Dates 10.5 28.11.2006 by
News Terrorizer - Announce Release Date For New Album 10 27.06.2006 by BreadGod
News Thy Majestie - Announce Release Date For 4th Album 8.5 23.04.2008 by Asitis
News Manowar - Announce New Album Physical Release Date 8.5 01.06.2012 by Morbidron