This soap opera is brought to you by Mr. Geoff Tate. The singer has announced a new Queensrÿche line-up that will join him in future musical endeavours and plans an anniversary tour. Confused? Well, it now seems that we have two Queensrÿches, one with Geoff Tate and the newly recruited Rudy Sarzo, Bobby Blotzer, Glen Drover, Kelly Gray and Randy Gane, and the other one which is fronted by Todd La Torre.

Geoff Tate released this statement: "I'm sure the last few months have been very frustrating for you. I know they have been for me. There are so many questions and so few answers. It is said that adversity makes one stronger. Well, I'm definitely in a better place now than I've ever been before. I feel very positive and excited."

"The challenge, when you're in a creative environment, is keeping things fresh and invigorating, and after working with the same people for thirty years, it gets very difficult You walk into the room, and everybody knows what everyone is going to do. There's no spark, the chemistry is very tried and true and you just keep coming up with the same ways of expressing yourself."

"Today is a new day and I am thrilled to announce the new Queensrÿche. Joining me are: Rudy Sarzo, Bobby Blotzer, Glen Drover, Kelly Gray and Randy Gane. Together we shall embark on a new musical journey that will be a greater extension of where Queensrÿche has ever been. With this new project, with these new people, it's a whole new scene. There are new ideas, different musical backgrounds and a whole new set of parameters. Everyone has ideas you haven't heard before, and everyone is throwing them against the wall and suddenly... the music has a whole new life. I look forward to this new life and I hope to see you on tour as all of us come together and begin this new era."

There is an ongoing legal battle raging between Geoff Tate and his former bandmates over the rights to the band name.

Tate and his wife Susan filed a lawsuit against Geoff's ex-bandmates on June 22nd in King County Superior Court over whether he should be given the Queensrÿche name after being dismissed from the group in June, accusing Rockenfield, Wilton and Jackson of having wrongfully fired the singer and ruining the band's brand by attempting to move forward without him.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche

Posted: 02.09.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Mountain King - 02.09.2012 at 20:48
This is stupid...
Dentura - 02.09.2012 at 21:02
What the fuck? This is ludicrous, how long are they going to keep up this bullshit? Can't they just move on already?
Unhealer - 02.09.2012 at 21:06
No Mike Portnoy?
qlacs - 02.09.2012 at 21:10
This guy is out of his mind. Also he'll lose at the court as he joined after the rest of the lineup was playing together. Also he can't sing now very well now.
I wish Chris returning the "old" QR and record an absolutely amazing Todd debut just like on the veins of O:MC and Empire.
Dane Train - 02.09.2012 at 21:13
I am pretty sure this is all a publicity stunt and is really the story for Operation: Mindcrime III.
psykometal - 02.09.2012 at 21:39
If Tate is looking for something new then he should let go of the name, IMO this is just as stupid and ridiculous as King and Gaahl trying to take Gorgoroth from Infernus and Luca Turilli using the name Rhapsody...
CHEF METALHEAD - 02.09.2012 at 22:01
Great line up....!!
Nemo Atkins - 02.09.2012 at 22:21
Written by qlacs on 02.09.2012 at 21:10

That's almost exactly what I was gonna say. I was gonna say "There are more founding members of Queensryche in the Tate-less version of the band, so that's what I'd call the official band", but I think you made a much better point. Tate's just trying to do what Roger Waters tried to do when he left Pink Floyd (and, arguably, what Mike Portney tried to do when he left Dream Theater). History repeats itself...
Introspekrieg - 02.09.2012 at 22:57
Simple solution: one version of the band will have the umlaut, the other will not.
psykometal - 02.09.2012 at 23:14
Written by Introspekrieg on 02.09.2012 at 22:57

Nice.
Nickferatu367 - 03.09.2012 at 00:07
I am now confused.
AndMetalForAll - 03.09.2012 at 00:07
This all situation is getting more and more messed up...
Ace Frawley - 03.09.2012 at 00:20
Still trying to imitate Pink Floyd in whatever way he can?
AngelofDeth - 03.09.2012 at 00:29
Now that i read this, it is very surprising how proffessionally and smoothly the Rhapsody split went.

But I gotta say its entertaining haha and well written, great job BloodTears! Reads a lil more like a magazine as opposed to the standard Metalstorm formula.
Lit. - 03.09.2012 at 01:55
Taking bets on who's gonna win drama of the year: This or Randy Blithe's incarcaration.
Black Conundrum - 03.09.2012 at 03:19
Bah, Tate is a drama queen. Queensrÿche was one of the first bands I listened to when I started getting into metal. However, I've got to say this: my respect for Tate is dwindling, and is starting to run out. If he's going to form a band, he should at least have enough [self-]respect to equip a new name, and this drama is ridiculous. I really don't like how Queensrÿche, like other bands, have accumulated such an ego over recent years, while their quality of music has, at least from my perspective, declined. Seriously, there are several bands like that. I appreciate the band's musical contributions, especially from the 80s and 90s, but Tate is drawing too much attention to himself.

Also, from past experience, before I heard about the past ongoing drama centered around Dream Theater, they were one of my favorite bands. Nowadays, though, while I won't say that they aren't anymore, I gravitate toward them much less because of the ensuing drama of Portnoy leaving the band (not so much the initial transaction, however). I like it better when band line-ups change, and a worldwide scene isn't created around it.

Sure, what I've said here may not be the nicest words, but I freaking loathe drama.
M C Vice - 03.09.2012 at 06:44
Written by psykometal on 02.09.2012 at 21:39

King and Gaahl trying to take Gorgoroth from Infernus

Written by Introspekrieg on 02.09.2012 at 22:57

Damn, both my comments are already taken.
Maybe Tate can call it Kingsryche?
Void Eater - 03.09.2012 at 08:20
Milena - 03.09.2012 at 14:39
Two minutes of related hilarity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqGeNN5Xdo
BloodTears - 03.09.2012 at 17:08
Written by AngelofDeth on 03.09.2012 at 00:29

A compliment, I'll take it of course
psykometal - 03.09.2012 at 18:46
Written by M C Vice on 03.09.2012 at 06:44

Maybe Tate can call it Kingsryche?

*Kingsrÿche.
qlacs - 03.09.2012 at 21:53
Written by Void Eater on 03.09.2012 at 08:20

I laughed so hard on this...

Imagine the first song from Geoff's solution: The Reich without Queen...
qlacs - 03.09.2012 at 21:57
Written by Milena on 03.09.2012 at 14:39

Two minutes of related hilarity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqGeNN5Xdo

There is a slight chance that the midi music on the video is better than what Mr Tate will produce.
BitterCOld - 05.09.2012 at 06:15
No offense, but do either variant even matter anymore?
JohnDoe - 05.09.2012 at 17:16
Written by BitterCOld on 05.09.2012 at 06:15

No offense, but do either variant even matter anymore?

If you need an answer to your question, I'll gladly give it: NO.
Yellax - 05.09.2012 at 17:56
...does anyone really care about Queensryche anymore?

...just saying...

Oh....yes...I laughed too when I read that article...
Hellthunder - 06.09.2012 at 12:36
Written by Yellax on 05.09.2012 at 17:56

...does anyone really care about Queensryche anymore?

...just saying...

Oh....yes...I laughed too when I read that article...

I didn't for the longest time, then I heard about this line up change and my hopes of 'rÿche returning to make music that doesn't blow were elevated just a bit.

Of course I'm talking about the "proper" 'rÿche, not this Geoff Tate farce.
Ellrohir - 06.09.2012 at 12:54
Still better love story than Twilight...or not...?
Yellax - 06.09.2012 at 21:09
I don't know about any of you, but I am starting to sense a pattern here. Dream Theater, Queensryche, and Fates Warning are supposedly the three founding fathers of progressive metal during the 80s. Dream Theater created a bunch of drama. Now Queensryche did. Does this mean Fates Warning is going to now? Are Fates Warning still a thing?
Dentura - 06.09.2012 at 21:42
Written by BitterCOld on 05.09.2012 at 06:15

No offense, but do either variant even matter anymore?

No, not really, it's just interesting to watch how far into the abyss the band has fallen.
Dentura - 06.09.2012 at 21:47
Written by Yellax on 06.09.2012 at 21:09

I doubt it, they're still pretty much a thing. Mike Portnoy was being too controlling of Dream Theater's direction, and so has Geoff for Queensryche ever since Chris DeGarmo left. Everybody within Fates Warning is still in good terms with each other as far as I'm aware of.
The Shape 1973 - 07.09.2012 at 22:54
Queensryche Of Fire?
psykometal - 09.09.2012 at 17:41
Written by The Shape 1973 on 07.09.2012 at 22:54

Queensryche Of Fire?

Dramaqueens of Fire?

News Queensrÿche - Part Ways With Geoff Tate, Todd La Torre Takes His Place 9 21.06.2012 by Chidder
News Queensrÿche - Reach Settlement With Geoff Tate 7.5 28.04.2014 by Maco
News Geoff Tate's Queensrÿche - Glen Drover Decides To Leave 6 25.11.2012 by The Shape 1973
News Queensrÿche - The Warning Album To Be Re-Issued On Limited Edition Vinyl 4.5 29.12.2011 by Warman
News Queensrÿche - Xbox Live Artist Of The Month 4.5 05.04.2009 by YoreLore