Iced Earth will have a busy year in 2013. Guitarist Jon Schaffer has released an update confirming that the band has plans to release a new studio album next year in the fall and will work on their upcoming DVD Live In Ancient Kourion, which was filmed in Cyprus in August and will be released on Blu-ray, DVD and CD.

Jon Schaffer's update: "Hello Iced Earthlings! I just wanted to write and say thanks for all the support on the last 3 month stretch of the Dystopia World Tour! Finishing that leg of the tour in Cyprus was the perfect ending to a very successful run."

"Now we are enjoying some much earned down time with friends and families. In a few weeks we will begin editing/mixing/mastering Iced Earth Live in Ancient Kourion. Yes, it will be on Blu-ray, DVD, CD, and maybe even a special vinyl release of the audio version... we will see what kind of special packaging emerges, but it will be killer, you can count on that!"

"I'm super proud of the guys in the band and our crew for giving their best efforts and making this very challenging gig a reality and a huge success. 2013 will see another round of important touring, the first official headline show DVD release, and a new studio album later in the fall. Exciting times are upon us, the band is on fire, and on the attack! Europe, see you in December! Take care, Jon Schaffer."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Iced Earth

Posted: 05.09.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Milena - 05.09.2012 at 12:51
I'm excited about the DVD and worried about the album. Why so soon, bands?
Zaphod - 05.09.2012 at 14:08
Written by Milena on 05.09.2012 at 12:51

I'm excited about the DVD and worried about the album. Why so soon, bands?

I'm excited for both, I don't worry too much now that they finally released something awesome.
Fradd - 05.09.2012 at 18:20
Keep the expectations low keep the expectations low keep the expectations low *fingers crossed*
AngelofDeth - 05.09.2012 at 19:38
Written by Milena on 05.09.2012 at 12:51

I'm excited about the DVD and worried about the album. Why so soon, bands?

Its set for release fall 2013, that would be a full two years from the last album. To me thats not too concerning
Breaker09 - 05.09.2012 at 19:48
I think that if they are inspired, and they have come up with compositions they feel comfortable with and enjoy playing, they should by all means release them to us their fans. Even though Dystopia's momentum is now, it's always great to listen to new material from your favorite bands
Opethian - 05.09.2012 at 19:52
Written by Milena on 05.09.2012 at 12:51

I'm excited about the DVD and worried about the album. Why so soon, bands?

I hate it when bands do this. I get worried
Silent Jay - 05.09.2012 at 21:15
Why so worried? Bands have released some of their greatest albums within even a year of each other! Yes I'm aware of the fact we live in a different age and more music is presented to us on a CD thesedays, but I like to think the time difference (as 2 years seems pretty reasonable) straightens that out aslong as they can 'trim the fat' a little bit. I'm excited for both! Dystopia was a solid release and I can't wait to hear what they will come out with next!
Enemy of Reality - 11.09.2012 at 18:33
I'm not worried. But i never expected a new release so soon. I'm still hooked at Dystopia.
Pterazord15 - 19.10.2012 at 23:18
Dystopia was great, hope that this next album is good, too. I love Iced Earth!

News Iced Earth - Dropping A New Album Later This Year 10.5 22.01.2011 by Angelic Storm
News Iced Earth - New Single And Album Update 10.5 20.03.2007 by
News Forgotten Tomb - New Album And DVD Next Year 10 22.12.2013 by Scathach666
News Whispered - Releasing New Album Next Year 8.5 13.12.2012 by Fallen Ghost
News Aosoth - Ink Deal With Agonia Records, New Album And EP Next Year 8.5 18.10.2011 by Troy Killjoy