"Of Fire, And Fucking Pigs", a brand-new song from UK extreme metal duo Anaal Nathrakh can now be streamed in the YouTube-video located below. The song is also available for purchase on iTunes.

"Of Fire, And Fucking Pigs" comes off the band's upcoming album Vanitas, due out October 15th through Candlelight Records. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Anaal Nathrakh

Posted: 25.09.2012 by J. N.

Comments

J. N. - 25.09.2012 at 19:41
That. Was. Aaaah-mazing.
Valentin B - 25.09.2012 at 20:13
I always have to turn the volume down on my speakers/earphones when playing AN songs because people would start giving me weird looks

But then again I actually liked this one, very abrasive but still having some sort of melody, especially in that main riff.
Opethian - 25.09.2012 at 20:15
Solid, not their best. I need MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sync - 25.09.2012 at 20:31
I am definitely not disappoint.
SilentScream - 25.09.2012 at 20:32
Hopefully the rest of the album isn't as core-esque...
Slyfang - 25.09.2012 at 23:20
Amazing song. Sounds very fresh. Passion had its greatnesses, but was a bit stale. This is a whole new flavour from Nathrakh
scapeplan - 25.09.2012 at 23:29
Song isn't in the US ITunes store, and it isn't free in the U.K store.
J. N. - 25.09.2012 at 23:52
Written by scapeplan on 25.09.2012 at 23:29

It isn't free in the U.K store.

My bad.
InnerSelf - 26.09.2012 at 01:10
Great shizzle.
AngelofDeth - 26.09.2012 at 08:43
At first I was like: "why the fuck does this band have anal in their name?"
Then I was like: "I should check them out before I bash them"
So I listened to the song and now Im like: "This band is fuckn sick! but seriously why the fuck do they have anal in their name?"
corrupt - 26.09.2012 at 11:10
Written by AngelofDeth on 26.09.2012 at 08:43

At first I was like: "why the fuck does this band have anal in their name?"
Then I was like: "I should check them out before I bash them"

Quote:
The name comes from Merlin's Charm of Making in John Boorman's 1981 film Excalibur. According to Michael Everson's transcription, Anaal Nathrakh means "serpent's breath"
Source.

At the beginning of the song I thought they had it completely wrong with that folk intro riff. But the rest ist just typical AN. Pretty cool.
Oaken - 26.09.2012 at 16:22
It's pretty outstanding how this manages to be so brutal yet atmospheric at the same time. Kudos.
AngelofDeth - 26.09.2012 at 20:17
Written by corrupt on 26.09.2012 at 11:10

Quote:
Source.

I see that makes sense... But still its too close to anal.
J. N. - 26.09.2012 at 21:45
Written by AngelofDeth on 26.09.2012 at 20:17
I see that makes sense... But still its too close to anal.

Here, go bash.

The Voyager - 05.10.2012 at 07:11
Written by SilentScream on 25.09.2012 at 20:32

Hopefully the rest of the album isn't as core-esque...

I don't really hear any core influences here. Perhaps you could elaborate on that?
SilentScream - 05.10.2012 at 21:06
Written by The Voyager on 05.10.2012 at 07:11

Written by SilentScream on 25.09.2012 at 20:32

Hopefully the rest of the album isn't as core-esque...

Listen to the riff at 0:15. Not what one is used to hear from Anaal Nathrakh.

Not only that, but the sound is more crisp (the sound of the drum especially)...I dunno, maybe it's just this song that I don't dig, but I'm hoping the rest of the album sounds more dirty than this.
The Voyager - 06.10.2012 at 06:44
Written by SilentScream on 05.10.2012 at 21:06

Listen to the riff at 0:15. Not what one is used to hear from Anaal Nathrakh.

That riff is not a "core" riff. It's just a riff. You can't determine the genre of a song from a riff, nor can you determine the genre of a song from production sound. If the song had consistent elements of "core" music, then I would say it was a "core" song, but it doesn't.
SilentScream - 06.10.2012 at 20:12
Written by The Voyager on 06.10.2012 at 06:44

Written by SilentScream on 05.10.2012 at 21:06

Listen to the riff at 0:15. Not what one is used to hear from Anaal Nathrakh.

You're right. What I meant by core is that it sounds as though the production and the riffing is aiming at a more ''popular'' and ''accessible'' sound. Obviously AN isn't core...but they seem to be moving away from their dirty sound that, for me at least, was one of the things that I appreciated in their music.

News Anaal Nathrakh - New Song Streaming Online 12.5 02.10.2012 by J. N.
News Anaal Nathrakh - Another New Song Online 11 23.03.2011 by J. N.
News Anaal Nathrakh - New Song Posted Online 10.5 04.09.2006 by Dangerboner