Beyond The Bridge - Keyboardist Simon Oberender Passes Away

Beyond The Bridge have announced today the passing of their keyboardist/guitarist Simon Oberender. However, the cause of his death wasn't disclosed.

A few weeks ago, Simon Oberender performed with the German band at ProgPower USA in Atlanta in the band's first ever performance in the United States as the group released their debut album The Old Man And The Spirit earlier this year.

Band profile: Beyond The Bridge
Posted: 27.09.2012 by BloodTears

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 75 users
27.09.2012 - 20:47
Learning To "X"
This is the worst thing that's happened since... forever. I'm at a loss for words, can't stop thinking about this.
"There comes a time when you look into the mirror and you realize that what you see is all that you will ever be. And then you accept it. Or you kill yourself. Or you stop looking in mirrors."
27.09.2012 - 20:55
Evil Chip
I'm hearing now World of Wonders. His playing was outstanding.
27.09.2012 - 21:18
Account deleted
That was shocking and tragic.

But I'll always remember this man when I listen to "All A Man Can Do." RIP.
27.09.2012 - 21:26
Doom Knight
I wonder what happened to him? A good band & a real loss. So sad
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub… The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
27.09.2012 - 21:53
Secundum Filium
What?! That's so sad and shocking! I really liked their new album, and I thought his keyboard work was wonderful and captivating. RIP
Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree (Martin Luther).
28.09.2012 - 00:22
The Nothingth
He was obviously a very talented guy. Sad to hear about this.
28.09.2012 - 14:35
Hell... Why?!
I was really looking forward to this band... So young D:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
02.10.2012 - 10:03
Black Conundrum
Metal-archives says that he was 29 or so years old. I've never heard of him or his band, but he seemed like an impressive dude, from what I've read around. This is a significant loss.