Canadian thrash metal powerhouse Voivod has just released their brand new single for public consumption. You can listen to "Mechanical Mind" at this location. The song will appear on Voivod's 13th studio album Target Earth, which will come out on January 21st, 2013, throughout Europe and January 22nd in North America under Century Media.

Don't hold your breath while headbanging, the song is pretty long.

Source: voivod.com
Band profile: Voivod

Posted: 27.09.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Nosurper - 27.09.2012 at 22:15
Sounds like bad Vektor
!J.O.O.E.! - 27.09.2012 at 22:22
Written by Nosurper on 27.09.2012 at 22:15

Sounds like bad Vektor

Or, more accurately, Vektor sound like an average Voivod
strade - 28.09.2012 at 02:22
Sounds incredible. Sounds a lot like something that could have been on Dimension Hatross. And big fucking lol to anyone even comparing Voivod to Vektor. Let's see: a legend with countless great album versus an overrated newcomer that owes more to its predecessors than people would like to imagine. The Vektor logo should signify that if anything.

Anyways, amazing stuff. Looks like 2013 is starting off with a bang.
Lit. - 28.09.2012 at 03:23
Didn't pay too much attention at first. It sounded like a bunch of awesome riffs jumbled into a big mess of 8 minutes. I'm not entirely sure whether I liked it or not.
Arcticus - 28.09.2012 at 05:11
Sounds pretty sweet to me, better than I expected for sure
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.09.2012 at 08:18
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.09.2012 at 22:22

Written by Nosurper on 27.09.2012 at 22:15

Sounds like bad Vektor

Or, more accurately, Vektor sound like an average Voivod

and to be more accurate; Vektor at its best sounds like a bad VoiVod
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.09.2012 at 08:20
Written by strade on 28.09.2012 at 02:22

Not really cause this new song misses the raw edge the songs on Dimension Hatross possess and it's also too long for that album. But I do get what you're saying though
JÄY - 28.09.2012 at 08:28
Sounds ok....must be awesome for those who have been fans for a long time. As for a comparison to Vektor....of course they sound familiar cause Vektor kinda ripped em off, but I'd rather listen to Vektor any day cuz it doesn't sound like geezer metal to me
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.09.2012 at 08:54
Written by JÄY on 28.09.2012 at 08:28

wtf is geezer metal?
JÄY - 28.09.2012 at 09:00
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.09.2012 at 08:54

Written by JÄY on 28.09.2012 at 08:28

wtf is geezer metal?

sounds like it's made by old dudes...maybe even FOR old dudes...no offense intended
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.09.2012 at 09:23
Written by JÄY on 28.09.2012 at 09:00

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.09.2012 at 08:54

Written by JÄY on 28.09.2012 at 08:28

wtf is geezer metal?

so you'd rather listen to young guys ripping that off than the originals playing it? Weird.
Vektor might be a lot younger than VoiVod but lacks the passion and ingeniuty VoiVod possesses.
Ag Fox - 28.09.2012 at 10:11
I like this song (=
BlueMobius - 28.09.2012 at 12:09
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.09.2012 at 09:23

Written by JÄY on 28.09.2012 at 08:28

I mean Vektor does have a similar logo to Voivod and lyrical themes but I don't really get the ripoff comparisons. Vektor is way more aggressive and technically proficient than Voivod was when they were more of a thrash band. The bands' vocals are completely different. Voivod has always used one guitarist and it shows as the riffs are often thin. Where as with Vektor, the double guitar presence is very noticable and the band implements a lot more melodic leads over the rhythm, which to me is a lot more similar to Megadeth or Metallica. "Forests of Legend" of Vektor's Black Future has a distinct Peace Sells era Megadeth influence to me.
It's easy to make comparisons off first glance but if you sit down and actually listen to Vektor's albums it's really not quite the same as Voivod.
bitethepain - 29.09.2012 at 16:39
Written by BlueMobius on 28.09.2012 at 12:09

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.09.2012 at 09:23

Written by JÄY on 28.09.2012 at 08:28

I agree. I don't think they sound very alike. Don't know why everyone compares them.
Marcel Hubregtse - 29.09.2012 at 16:46
The angular riffing is totally VoiVod, if people can't hear that then all hope is lost for humanity.
Mr. Doctor - 29.09.2012 at 16:49
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.09.2012 at 16:46

Don't be melodramatic... It doesn't mean that all hope is lost for humanity. It just means they are fucking deaf!
Marcel Hubregtse - 29.09.2012 at 16:52
Written by Mr. Doctor on 29.09.2012 at 16:49

It just means they are fucking deaf!

that too
tea[m]ster - 29.09.2012 at 16:56
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.09.2012 at 16:46

I side with you on this Marcel, me being a huge Voivod fan since 1987 When I first saw Vektor's Black Future album cover, saw they were Canadian and played thrash, I had to listen. The Voivod inspirations are sooo obvious. Anyone who can't admit it must be wearing Vektor colored glasses.

As for this song I was hoping for a return to the cross-over prog era but this will do just fine. Can't wait for the album.
Marcel Hubregtse - 29.09.2012 at 17:04
Written by tea[m]ster on 29.09.2012 at 16:56

Except they aren't Canadian at all. Originally they are from Arizona and apparently currently residing in Philadelphia.
Mr. Doctor - 29.09.2012 at 17:09
I just heard the track... I liked it! So glad to hear that it's thrash.
Marcel Hubregtse - 29.09.2012 at 17:16
Written by Mr. Doctor on 29.09.2012 at 17:09

I just heard the track... I liked it! So glad to hear that it's thrash.

I find it to be too long for the number of ideas in it and it sounds a bit too slick but nonetheless an enjoyable thrashy track
Mr. Doctor - 29.09.2012 at 17:27
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.09.2012 at 17:16

It went a bit too long on the last 2 mins or so but before that it was nice. I agree about the sound though. If it was a bit more... I dunno, harsh(?) with the guitars that would have been cool.
Marcel Hubregtse - 29.09.2012 at 17:29
Written by Mr. Doctor on 29.09.2012 at 17:27

It went a bit too long on the last 2 mins or so but before that it was nice.

Indeed, they should have restricted it to 5-6 minutes
tea[m]ster - 29.09.2012 at 20:22
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.09.2012 at 17:04

Except they aren't Canadian at all.

Ah fuck you are right. Either way, they still worship Voivod lol.
The Galactican - 25.10.2012 at 16:49
The best thing Voivod has released in ages, and definitely sounds like it could have been on Dimension Hatross. Welcome back, Blacky!

News My Dying Bride - New Song Streaming Online 7 04.10.2012 by Bad English
News 3 Inches Of Blood - New Song Streaming Online 7 23.02.2012 by BoxCar Willy
News Civil War - Another New Song Streaming Online 7 18.05.2013 by Bad English
News Danzig - New Cover Song Streaming Online 7 12.05.2012 by blackvelvet
News Iwrestledabearonce - New Song Streaming Online 7 22.07.2013 by LeChron James