Morbid Angel were scheduled to play in Montreal tonight and Toronto tomorrow on their North American tour with Grave and Dark Funeral but, without further explanation, vocalist David Vincent announced that the band was denied entry to Canada and so the band will not be playing.

David Vincent's statement: "Regretfully as much as we wanted to continue the musical onslaught, the Canadian immigration officers at the border had other intentions. Canada is NOT HAPPENING. No Canada dates. Denied entry."

The other bands on the bill will do extended sets. Grave confirmed: "The tonight's show in Montreal @ Club Soda will be without Morbid Angel. Tonight you will all get Grave, Dark Funeral and VadimVon. See ya soon. We will of course do a longer set tonight. So be there to get your load of Grave tonight."

Dark Funeral stated: "Unfortunately Morbid Angel didn't make it into Canada. And we will make it the best we can to fulfill your Dark desires tonight in Montreal, Que. At Club Soda. We're pulling off our spectacular headliner set tonight."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel

Posted: 30.09.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Lit. - 30.09.2012 at 21:25
Looks like Canada's a little sore about IDI, too.
Unhealer - 30.09.2012 at 21:30
Yeah, rumors say that they took them into a room and they were expecting them with a picture of IDI. Then, an officer asked them: "Are you responsible for this piece of shit?!", swinging the pic right in front of their face.
And so they were denied entry.
Bad English - 30.09.2012 at 21:30
Actualy funny how other side of atlantuic is ... some terrorists easely enter there and fuvk up, same cocain and columbian drug smuggler ansd assosiates , non even catch them, but mussicans who DO NOT evil , whit out normal explanation will get banned ... funny how swedes get visa .... o yes one more weird gourement thing isnt it?
scapeplan - 30.09.2012 at 21:39
"Denied Entry Into Canada" would make a cool song title.
Dibs.
theFIST - 30.09.2012 at 21:43
It wouldn"t surprise me if some people seeing those shows prefer it that way
Big-Al - 30.09.2012 at 22:25
Written by Bad English on 30.09.2012 at 21:30

agreed. 100%.

Written by scapeplan on 30.09.2012 at 21:39

"Denied Entry Into Canada"

...but welcome in hell.
BreadGod - 30.09.2012 at 23:00
Written by Lit. on 30.09.2012 at 21:25

Looks like Canada's a little sore about IDI, too.

Seems like the most obvious explanation to me.
Mr. Doctor - 30.09.2012 at 23:44
Every country should join Canada in such initiative.
Thrashette - 30.09.2012 at 23:53
I sort of half-considered getting tickets to this. Now I'm glad I didn't.
Everyone I know who was going was showing up for Grave or Dark Funeral anyways.
Mad Arab666 - 01.10.2012 at 00:36
That's just isanus. Couldn't resist.
Cynic Metalhead - 01.10.2012 at 09:31
May be officers are still pissed off from IDI. After all, they are metalheads too. Bad fucking luck Morbid didn't get a chance to perform with Grave and Dark Funeral in Caanadada.
Big-Al - 01.10.2012 at 10:51
all these IDI jokes are lame. Just saying.
Morbidron - 01.10.2012 at 11:56
They took one look at "Evil. D" (lmao) and said: This fag ain't getting in, buddy...
Angelic Storm - 01.10.2012 at 12:08
Written by Big-Al on 01.10.2012 at 10:51

all these IDI jokes are lame. Just saying.

They are, but Morbid Angel have now joined the list of bands like Metallica, Slipknot, Dragonforce and Pantera that you must denounce in order to be "true to real metal".

Having seen the setlist MA have been playing recently, I'd have been really disappointed if I'd had a ticket for those shows, and then finding out MA weren't going to play.
Mr. Doctor - 01.10.2012 at 12:21
Written by Angelic Storm on 01.10.2012 at 12:08

Why Pantera? Oh well... I have faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less problems with Slipknot and Pantera than the other three so I wouldn't put them in such a list.
Angelic Storm - 01.10.2012 at 12:24
Written by Mr. Doctor on 01.10.2012 at 12:21

I'm not saying I think that about Pantera, I like them! But I have seen quite a few people denouncing them, and saying that they "aren't real metal".
deadbraincells - 01.10.2012 at 15:20
That's really odd... MA was able to get into Canada over the summer, they played a show in Halifax, NS. Wonder what changed between then and now?
Butters49 - 01.10.2012 at 20:16
Written by Angelic Storm on 01.10.2012 at 12:08

Written by Big-Al on 01.10.2012 at 10:51

all these IDI jokes are lame. Just saying.

Since when is Pantera not true to metal?
Angelic Storm - 01.10.2012 at 20:52
Written by Butters49 on 01.10.2012 at 20:16
Since when is Pantera not true to metal?

You would need to ask the people who think that, why they think that. I never said that I myself think Pantera are not "real metal", I simply said that I have heard a few people saying that. It is beyond my comprehension why some people think that about Pantera, but they do...
Marcel Hubregtse - 01.10.2012 at 21:39
Written by Butters49 on 01.10.2012 at 20:16

Since when is Pantera not true to metal?

I don't understand it either, but go to the Metal Archives forums or ANUS site and you'll find loads of INternet keyboard elitist warriors who claim that pantera aren't true to metal/
TrollandDie - 01.10.2012 at 23:33
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2012 at 21:39

You mean you don't want to get your ''I Said That A Big Name Act Is Below Me'' badge at camp-kvlt?
Marcel Hubregtse - 01.10.2012 at 23:34
Written by TrollandDie on 01.10.2012 at 23:33

Nope. and tbh I was already into Pantera at the time of their Projects In The Jungle album when they still played US POwer with some heavy NWOBHM influences
Valentin B - 02.10.2012 at 01:17
I'm seriously wondering who was at fault here, and just what the hell it takes to get Canada to deny you entry.
Marcel Hubregtse - 02.10.2012 at 07:24
Written by Valentin B on 02.10.2012 at 01:17

Canada does deny bands entry a lot of times. Probably something to do with visas.
Angelic Storm - 02.10.2012 at 09:46
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2012 at 21:39

Although that wasn't in my mind when I mentioned people saying that Pantera "aren't real metal", now that I come to think of it, I think Metal Archives was the first place where I seen people saying that.
BitterCOld - 02.10.2012 at 19:39
Clearly this cannot be an issue with MA's most recent release.

any country that vomits forth Celine Dion, Nickelback, and Bieber has zero standards by which other acts can be judged against.
Angelic Storm - 02.10.2012 at 19:59
BitterCold just knocked the ball out of the park with that one!
Valentin B - 02.10.2012 at 22:39
Written by BitterCOld on 02.10.2012 at 19:39

Clearly this cannot be an issue with MA's most recent release.

You forgot Avril Lavigne.
TrollandDie - 02.10.2012 at 23:10
Written by BitterCOld on 02.10.2012 at 19:39

Clearly this cannot be an issue with MA's most recent release.

Canada's counter-statement: Quo Vadis.
ThunderAxe1989 - 06.10.2012 at 22:28
I would have been pissed the fuck off.....royally!
ANGEL REAPER - 12.10.2012 at 11:20
Written by scapeplan on 30.09.2012 at 21:39

"Denied Entry Into Canada" would make a cool song title.

i can imagine Fenriz do this on the next album for no apparent reason...

News Exhumed - Denied Entry Into Canada, Cancel Dates In Montreal And Toronto 10 01.11.2012 by Valentin B
News Morbid Angel - Tour Dates Announced 7.5 29.05.2006 by Cut-Throat
News Morbid Angel - Australian Tour Dates 7.5 21.01.2009 by -Soulreaper-
News Summer Slaughter Tour 2014 - Dates And Trailer Revealed 7.5 04.05.2014 by I_Die_Often
News Into Eternity - Mixing The New Album, Summer Slaughter Canada Tour Dates 5.5 06.06.2008 by Ulv