Manowar have just revealed the official The Lord Of Steel cover artwork, the band's twelfth studio album. Check out the artwork created by Ken Kelly below. The Lord Of Steel digital version will be available on October 9th, 2012 while the CD version will be available on October 19th in retail (dates may vary from territory to territory) and on all dates of the upcoming Manowar The Lord Of Steel World Tour.

The Lord Of Steel was made available earlier this summer as a limited-edition pre-release as the "Hammer Edition" in collaboration with Metal Hammer magazine and featured a different cover. The retail edition will feature different mixes and mastering and an additional song.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Manowar

Posted: 08.10.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Neroese - 08.10.2012 at 14:28
Oh, typical Epic Cover:D
White Death - 08.10.2012 at 14:36
Classic Manowar, Love it
Valentin B - 08.10.2012 at 14:48
Wow, what an original and unexpected cover (sarcasm)

The only thing that is missing from this being the most typical boring Manowar cover are some strategically placed fur garments and half-naked, muscly women.
Ellrohir - 08.10.2012 at 15:12
I like it...the album is nothing new but same ol' Manowar, so the cover is obviously the same
qlacs - 08.10.2012 at 16:28
Has this already been released?
Legendary - 08.10.2012 at 17:36
When I read the title I said to myself: Big manowar logo+halfnaked guy with sword... and wat a surpise, I was right =p
Ellrohir - 08.10.2012 at 18:04
Written by qlacs on 08.10.2012 at 16:28

Has this already been released?

it was released for digital download...this is for the physical copies
Chidder - 08.10.2012 at 19:05
Written by qlacs on 08.10.2012 at 16:28

Has this already been released?

It was released some time ago with Metal Hammer magazine in Great Britain. This one is the version for rest of the world
Spellsword95 - 08.10.2012 at 19:39
Fukken awesome art!! Ken Kelly kicks ass, and his other covers too.

That "Hammer Edition" cover sucks at so many levels. Five minutes cheap-ass photoshop collage made by retarded kid...
Uldreth - 08.10.2012 at 22:38
/yawn

Who would have thought?!
WorpeX - 09.10.2012 at 00:24
Quote:

While the cover artwork is much better, the bolded part interests me a lot more. Maybe the bass wont be so overpowering in this edition!
Nemo Atkins - 09.10.2012 at 01:04
Written by WorpeX on 09.10.2012 at 00:24

Quote:

Yeah, that also cheered me up when I read that. I found the album ok (and I've never listened to Manowar beyond the songs "Master Of The Wind" and "Gods Of War"), but my biggest problem with it was the crappy bass production. If the bass is better this time, this is going on my list of albums to get just so I can get rid of the Hammer Edition as soon as I can (seriously, I liked the HolyHell EP that came with it more than the Manowar release).
KainRich - 09.10.2012 at 02:38
You can hear the official retail version of The Lord of Steel on youtube as of now. I can say that the album is slightly different from the Hammer edition, for better or worse. The bass is still there. Yet i feel the songs to sound a little less rough this time around. I prefer this version.
k0eff - 09.10.2012 at 05:50
Written by Valentin B on 08.10.2012 at 14:48

Wow, what an original and unexpected cover (sarcasm)

There is a snake - which is the same.
Mattybu - 09.10.2012 at 06:35
This is so freaking amazing.

There is a 100% chance I will buy this album if I see it in a store
Doc Godin - 09.10.2012 at 07:56
Holy shit!

...It looks identical to every other album cover they have.
Xim - 09.10.2012 at 08:22
Haters can leave the hall. This album art kicks fucking ass.
Marcel Hubregtse - 09.10.2012 at 08:24
Written by Xim on 09.10.2012 at 08:22

This album art kicks fucking ass.

For people that like kitschy generic drivel
BitterCOld - 09.10.2012 at 22:25
Written by Doc Godin on 09.10.2012 at 07:56

Holy shit!

...It looks identical to every other album cover they have.

only more of a sausage fest. at least the last one had nekkid ladies around.

seriously, though it looks like it should be on the side of some 1975 custom van with shag carpeting and an 8 track.

Void Eater - 10.10.2012 at 04:56
The new song is called Kingdom Of Steel... Seriously? The album already has a song called The Lord Of Steel... So you just add remove the word Lord and add Kingdom? Whats next? Hail To Sweden? The Glory Of Steel? Hailing To The Kingdom Of The Thunder And Steel God? All those people who say Manowar are lazy fucks were right.
Alex Fenger - 11.10.2012 at 23:55
Zomg so ep1c
ThunderAxe1989 - 12.10.2012 at 07:08
This was to be expected, but whatever

Fuck the world, Hail And Kill!
quirin - 14.10.2012 at 21:50
Ken Kelly doesn't get any better with time. That lava stream on the right is just plain bad.
It would be worth a try to take artworks from Fighting, Triumph and Louder, and to photoshop em all into this piece of crap. Add a grey filter to the background, and you're done: lord of fucking steel, easy as cheap.
quirin - 14.10.2012 at 22:00
Written by Void Eater on 10.10.2012 at 04:56

The new song is called Kingdom Of Steel... Seriously?

Yeah, they meant to call it "Kingdom Of Metal", but then they realised it would sound ridiculous, so they changed.
When you see how many times the name Odin appears on Gods Of War, you know what to expect here.

News Enthrallment - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Unveiled 8.5 26.02.2012 by Cynic Metalhead
News Clutch - New Album Cover Art Unveiled, North American Dates Announced 8.5 19.12.2012 by BitterCOld
News Impaled Nazarene - New Album Cover Art Unveiled 8.5 06.03.2014 by RaduP
News Narrow House - New Album Cover Art Unveiled 8.5 28.04.2013 by Nefarious
News Coffinworm - New Album Cover Art Unveiled 8.5 16.01.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!