Relapse Records will continue their Death reissue campaign with the landmark album Spiritual Healing, originally released in 1990. The Spiritual Healing deluxe reissue is set for a November 20th North American release date, November 23rd in the Benelux / Germany / Finland, and November 26th in the UK and rest of world. The label also released a remastered version of the track "Living Monstrosity", which can be streamed below.

The album is described as "Spiritual Healing marked a new turn in the Death discography, one which ushered in cleaner production, a new level of boundary pushing musicianship and songwriting skills that were previously unimaginable from a metal band. Spiritual Healing sets the standard for riffs, insane time changes and of course mainman Chuck Schuldiner's masterful guitar solos. Now reissued as a double CD housed in super deluxe packaging featuring brand new liner notes from Death players James Murphy and Terry Butler, Chuck's sister Beth Schuldiner and Volbeat frontman Michael Poulsen, Disc 1 features a completely new remaster of the original album and Disc 2 contains 16 previously unreleased rehearsal, outtakes and studio instrumentals."

In addition to the 2-Disc edition, limited edition (2000 machine numbered copies) triple CD digipak will be available exclusively here. The third CD features a never before released live set recorded in 1990 featuring the Spiritual Healing Death line up. An iTunes deluxe edition will also be released containing 5 additional previously unreleased pre-Human rehearsal tracks not available on either of the CD versions. The entire tracklist is available below.

Spiritual Healing reissue tracklist:

18. See Through Dreams - Unearthed Version 2

Source: relapse.com
Band profile: Death

Posted: 11.10.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Amatsu Mikaboshi - 11.10.2012 at 16:06
One of the only Death albums I haven't ever got. Let alone any of the remasters...
Apothecary - 11.10.2012 at 16:56
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn
The only good thing about these Death remasters is the occasional bonus bass/drum tracks they include. Was fun to listen to Steve Digiorgio and Sean Reinert together without Chuck and Paul on the Human reissue. But other than that, this whole Death album remastering is for the birds, in my opinion. And sorry if I sound cliche here, because I know everyone's saying this, but really now: to even remaster them in the first place is something of an insult to Chuck. After all, it's not like any of the Death albums were of really shitty sound-quality or production overall to begin with.
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.10.2012 at 17:10
Written by Apothecary on 11.10.2012 at 16:56

a couple of the later ones weren't too good to be honest.
Apothecary - 11.10.2012 at 17:12
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 17:10

Written by Apothecary on 11.10.2012 at 16:56

a couple of the later ones weren't too good to be honest.

Perhaps, but it seems now that they're pretty bent on remastering the entire discography, which I think is highly unnecessary.
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.10.2012 at 17:20
Written by Apothecary on 11.10.2012 at 17:13

they're doping that because most of the stuff is out of print, so just consider it a re-release with bonus tracks.
jadawal - 11.10.2012 at 17:27
Would like to hear satanic jam and primus jam though
BreadGod - 11.10.2012 at 17:51
Excellent! Once I obtain Spiritual Healing, my Death discography will be complete!
Lit. - 11.10.2012 at 17:54
I just want the damn CD. TSOP is the only hardcopy of a CD by Death I have.
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.10.2012 at 19:39
Written by Lit. on 11.10.2012 at 17:54

I just want the damn CD. TSOP is the only hardcopy of a CD by Death I have.

Damn I pity you for having the worst Death release there is
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.10.2012 at 19:43
Written by Lit. on 11.10.2012 at 17:54

TSOP is the only hardcopy of a CD by Death I have.

Poor you, owning their worst
bitethepain - 11.10.2012 at 20:20
As someone who wasn't into death metal when these albums came out, I have been so pleased with the remaster reissues. I don't know if the sound quality is that much better than the originals as I never heard the originals. But they are hard to find. As a smatter of fact, I appreciate most of the metal reissues that are done. If not for them, I probably wouldn't have a copy of some of my favorite albums. I really don't understand why some are bitching about the reissues. Its great for those of us who might not have a copy of these albums. And if it wasn't for these reissues the band would not have even been on my radar. I found them looking through rhapsody's newest releases and tried out Sound of Perseverance and loved it. These reissues gives these albums an extra chance to find new fans and life. Thanks Relapse Records! I cant wait for this album. I've never heard it but I've loved every Death album I've bought so far.
Dennuz666 - 11.10.2012 at 20:30
Awesome. I have the original CD's so this one isn't for me. But if you want some good death metal, this one is a must have!
Loathera - 12.10.2012 at 00:26
Written by bitethepain on 11.10.2012 at 20:20

What he said.
Lit. - 12.10.2012 at 01:06
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 19:39

Damn I pity you for having the worst Death release there is

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 19:43

Poor you, owning their worst

You trying to get a raise out of me or something?
Angelic Storm - 12.10.2012 at 01:09
Generally speaking, I don't like remasters. They almost always make an album sound worse, not better. Thankfully I have all the original Death albums, so there's no need for me to buy this. There's a lot of bonus extra goodies though that might make it worth a purchase...

As for the album itself, for me it's not as good as the first two albums, but it is better than "Human". It's got some awesome songs on it, but it's certainly one of the weaker Death albums overall.
BoxCar Willy - 12.10.2012 at 03:26
Written by Lit. on 12.10.2012 at 01:06

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 19:39

Damn I pity you for having the worst Death release there is

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 19:43

Poor you, owning their worst

You trying to get a raise out of me or something?

Saw that too haha
BoxCar Willy - 12.10.2012 at 03:29
Also, that cover is pretty badass, might buy it just for that.
Dani5050 - 12.10.2012 at 06:45
I'm getting it. Period don't care what anybody said.
beerweed - 12.10.2012 at 06:45
LeChron James - 12.10.2012 at 06:57
ZZZZZZZZZZ
Alex Fenger - 13.10.2012 at 00:03
I'll probably buy this, I only own Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy, and Human physically.. I've been meaning to buy this and Individual Thought Patterns anyway. Plus those jams sound like they'll be pretty cool, my brother would like them
Grody2themax - 15.10.2012 at 07:25
Its a shame relapse is just milking Chuck's legacy again with yet ANOTHER rerelease...

That was sarcasm btw.

News Death - "The Sound Of Perseverance" Three-Disc Reissue Streaming Online For A Limited Time 6 11.02.2011 by MechanisT
News Death - "Individual Thought Patterns" Three-Disc Reissue Streaming Online 6 25.10.2011 by Troy Killjoy
Reviews Death - Spiritual Healing 6 28.02.2009 by AngelOfDisease