After releasing Th1rt3en last year, Megadeth will begin recording their upcoming 14th album next week. The band will be working with producer Johnny K. once again.

Dave Mustaine posted the following lengthy message: "Droogies, I wanted to check in with you as I get ready to start tracking my 14 Megadeth record. For some of you that are new fans; the word 'Droogie' may seem a strange way to start a letter, but it means 'friend' supposedly in Russian slang. I got the idea to call you that from watching 'Alex' from 'A Clockwork Orange' call his two co-conspirators that. So, now you know I ain't calling you 'druggies.' Onward to the update.

Last Thursday I went to see an ENT (ear, nose, and throat Doctor), to find out the status of the damage to my vocal chords that they discovered prior to my surgery, and my neck from after the surgery. I was told during the first MRIs that I had a cyst or something on my vocal chords, and I didn't give it anymore thought, because the fusion was way more important.

I still find it laughable that someone I know said I was a pussy while lying in an ER awaiting spinal surgery for contemplating cancelling the BIG 4 show in NYC. I guess the old saying, "You spot it - you got it!" applies here. Except I don't want to offend our female fans by comparing this excrement to a body part of theirs. I walked away from the surgery, which was done after the concert (who's the pussy now?) and was a complete success, thinking I had nodes or polyps or something, and I wanted to wait until a year after the surgery to go get checked, because I just didn't want to go under the knife again that soon, if of course I had too. Thank God I don't.

Fortunately, if you can say that, my problem with my vocal chords is treatable, and it is just a matter of exercise, diet, and eating habits. I started drinking Aloe Juice, taking a tablet for my stomach, and I have to cut out some things I like. Coffee is one of things, but since I am not a cheerleader for overpriced - overrated Starbucks, like Thor and Junior, I am not taking this too hard. I am bummed about no chocolate (I love chocolate!), and tomatoes (no spaghetti or pizza), but I am loving this Countdown 20th Anniversary tour, and with the new record starting next week, singing is more important to me than ever.

Thanks for all of your support through this whole ordeal, and I really, really look forward to seeing you at some point before the end of the year. Check out our support band Kyng and lemme know what you think. I like 'em and I hope you will too. Here's to a great fu...., erm, a great flipping new record and tour!"

This November and December, Megadeth will perform the acclaimed album Countdown To Extinction in its entirety on their US Countdown To Extinction 20th Anniversary Tour.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 28.10.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Zaphod - 28.10.2012 at 13:31
Hope it's better than Th1rt3en
Silent Jay - 28.10.2012 at 14:26
Hopefully Megadave Muffstaine doesn't decide to re-record old material for this new release. 'Th1rt3een' was an OK album but kinda felt like a copout after the brilliant 'Endgame'.
AndMetalForAll - 28.10.2012 at 15:04
Not feeling very optimistic about the new album. Although I enjoyed Th1rt3een (even think it's their best work of the decade), I'm not feeling a good vibe of the latest works of Megadeth.
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.10.2012 at 15:08
Written by Silent Jay on 28.10.2012 at 14:26

brilliant 'Endgame'.

Brilliant?
Silent Jay - 28.10.2012 at 15:20
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.10.2012 at 15:08

Written by Silent Jay on 28.10.2012 at 14:26

brilliant 'Endgame'.

Brilliant?
Yes. Deep down you know its true.
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.10.2012 at 15:22
Written by Silent Jay on 28.10.2012 at 15:20

Yes. Deep down you know its true.

A very mediocre album it is and shall remain.
Not a single memorable song are any with the old venom of yore and the guitar solos are totally out of place on all of the songs.
Cynic Metalhead - 28.10.2012 at 15:22
Written by Zaphod on 28.10.2012 at 13:31

Hope it's better than Th1rt3en

Obviously people often target the last record when new album comes up. As far as Megadave is concerned, I (strongly) feel that their forthcoming record will be generic, filled with boring riffs and ofc it will be rehash of Thirteen stuff. Overall, another 6 rating record.

Amen
Zaphod - 28.10.2012 at 15:41
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 28.10.2012 at 15:22

Written by Zaphod on 28.10.2012 at 13:31

Hope it's better than Th1rt3en

Amen

My interest in Megadeth is pretty much gone since Th1rt3en, but I still hope that they'll make an album with at least a couple of good songs. However, I'm afraid the next Megadeth record is indeed going to be generic stuff.
The Benighted - 28.10.2012 at 16:32
Th1rt3en was the most average album I have ever heard. And it followed up one of my favorites in their catalog (which is definitely a head scratcher). Hopefully this one gets back on track, with less of that rock and roll feeling that was so present on the last one.
Apothecary - 28.10.2012 at 16:33
Here's hoping it's solid and compact, instead of this 1/2 great songs + 1/2 filler formula that they've seemed to be employing with all of the post-reunion albums.
pisymbol - 28.10.2012 at 17:44
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 28.10.2012 at 15:22

Written by Zaphod on 28.10.2012 at 13:31

Hope it's better than Th1rt3en

Amen

Huge Megadeth fan here. But...AMEN...

UA was just god awful.

Endgame was yawn.

Thirteen was completely yawn minus some of the rehashed songs from yesteryears.

I am very skeptical he can deliver anything really creative at this point.

The last *good* album I thought was "The System Has Failed." That was a solid Megadeth release IMO.
Arcticus - 28.10.2012 at 17:47
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.10.2012 at 15:22

A very mediocre album it is and shall remain.

I don't understand your hate for this album Marcel, "This Day We Fight" and "Head Crusher" at least are worthy of consideration...to each their own I guess

As for the new album, I echo the sentiments of those above me in that Th1rt3en was average as shit, and my hopes for the future are not exactly high. But you never know...also, Dave's updates just seem to get lamer and lamer :/
bazinko - 28.10.2012 at 18:07
Yeah, opinions abound! Personally, despite numerous attempts, I cannot get into Endgame in the slightest. It's definitely not terrible, just boring. Generic, as was stated earlier, is also an accurate description. Thirteen is borderline terrible for me (save for the gem Deadly Nightshade). It has some other nice cuts, but most of it does not gel, nor is it humorous enough to be listenable. But you see, I've always been a big supporter of the early classics, the middle years of hard rock AND the laughable albums such as... The World Needs A Hero; a perfect example of a great, terrible album. It's unintentionally hilarious and has some pretty redeemable melodies and riffs. So yes: TWNAH>>>Thirteen, Endgame
Lit. - 28.10.2012 at 18:13
Written by pisymbol on 28.10.2012 at 17:44

Geez, that was probably the worst one next to The World Needs a Hero. No comparison to Endgame, but perhaps better than 13.
I don't know. I got a good feeling about this new one.
Cynic Metalhead - 28.10.2012 at 19:28
Written by pisymbol on 28.10.2012 at 17:44

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 28.10.2012 at 15:22

Written by Zaphod on 28.10.2012 at 13:31

Hope it's better than Th1rt3en

Amen

I am very skeptical he can deliver anything really creative at this point.

To be honest,

Bart Simpson:
Quote:
Same garbage, different dumpster
WorpeX - 28.10.2012 at 20:58
I thought dave said 13 was going to be their last album....
Ritual_Suicide - 28.10.2012 at 21:32
Too soon.
Machiavelli - 28.10.2012 at 21:43
Diamond Dave is such a crybaby. He looks so punchable too.
Void Eater - 28.10.2012 at 22:10
Agree with everybody whose skeptical about this album. Endgame is one of my favorite Dave Mustaine and the Megadeths albums, which makes 13 that much more of a disappointment (although "Whose Life Is It Anyways is pretty cool). I found that each 2000's Megadeth album was better than the previous one, but 13 promptly stopped that. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us with something good though.
RottingDeathHead - 28.10.2012 at 23:28
Hmm if only my image of these guys would change then I may be excited for this release
bloodface - 28.10.2012 at 23:51
Outside of their first few albums "the system has failed" is their best in my opinion. it doesn't sound like forced thrash that is jumping on the revival bandwagon and it doesn't dismiss their straight ahead stuff like "countdown".
Opethian - 29.10.2012 at 00:34
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 28.10.2012 at 15:22

Written by Zaphod on 28.10.2012 at 13:31

Hope it's better than Th1rt3en

Amen

But thats all Blind fans want
R'Vannith - 29.10.2012 at 01:23
Now that I think of it I don't remember a single song from 13.. Hope they can manage something with more of a lasting impression this time around.
odcrl - 29.10.2012 at 03:13
At least he is spreading the anti illuminati/new world order message.
qlacs - 29.10.2012 at 17:59
Johnny K.? eeugh
DaniAlkhateeb - 30.10.2012 at 15:02
And fuck you Metallica
musclassia - 30.10.2012 at 15:39
Dunno why this is coming so soon, 13 was pretty meh. I think I gave it a 7, but that's really a mix of me liking the general sound of Megadeth enough to paper some of the cracks, and also me being a generous rater. Really, it was firmly run-of-the-mill, and this is from someone who liked UA and really liked Endgame. I'd like it to be good but have no real optimism towards that being the case
Ace Frawley - 01.11.2012 at 07:12
Written by Machiavelli on 28.10.2012 at 21:43

Diamond Dave is such a crybaby. He looks so punchable too.

This cracked me up. Nice one!

Surprised nobody has guessed at a new album title i.e. Fourteen
head banger - 01.11.2012 at 20:08
Hopefully Megadeth should give their signature MASTERPIECE again and Dave Mustaine should get back in form probably with a few new GODLIKE riffs
crucifiedjesus - 03.11.2012 at 21:00
Written by Zaphod on 28.10.2012 at 13:31

Hope it's better than Th1rt3en

probably cant do any worse Th1rt3en was such a letdown after endgame
Zaphod - 03.11.2012 at 21:12
Written by crucifiedjesus on 03.11.2012 at 21:00

probably cant do any worse Th1rt3en was such a letdown after endgame

Yeah... I don't know.... Have you ever listened to The World Needs A Hero?
FourMechALYX - 08.11.2012 at 02:51
Endgame was compared to Rust in Peace (sad comparison, but oh well). David Ellefson compared Th1rt3en to Countdown To Extinction. Soooo, Youthanasia like album next? Maybe, who knows. I don't know if that prospect excites or worries me. I very much love Youthanasia but I fear if they did it again that they would do it wrong and it would be horrific. At best it would come out as a second Risk, and I do like Risk but even done well we don't need another.
Of course, I don't believe that they even would go softer again for fear of being judged and losing fans. Sadly, I think a lot of Megadeth songs in the last two albums are just trying to prove they're still the thrashiest. I love Megadeth, I really do, and so all of the eh and or ick stuff that they've done lately is really disappointing. I've liked many of their newer songs but they just aren't as good no matter how you slice it. Don't even get me started on Whose Life (Is It Anyways)! And I'm pretty sure its "Anyway" not "Anyways", but that's just my inner grammar nazi speaking.
I also really hope that none of Dave's conspiracy theories make it into the new album, he's really gone too far lately.
I feel terrible having gone on a whole anti-Megadeth rant here being that they are among my favorite bands, but it's sadly just true. I'm crossing my fingers for a miraculously better album. I did hear them say themselves that Th1rt3en was done in like zero time while trying to fit it in on the terms of the record company and I believe that they'll be on a new one this time so that gives hope. I might be wrong about the new record company though, and in that case never even mind.
Please, Megadeth, make a good album!!
LICH - 14.12.2012 at 18:44
Dave is a little sensitive sometimes ,i can relate to him that way, and in the end he is a nice caring guy who just has some annoying political views , i hope he does something with his voice because recent albums he sounds very strained. i pray to god this will be as good (if no twice as good) as endgame , id love to see dave rise to the top once more , hes my hero and il stand with him no matter what goes wrong , (dont mean to sound like too much of a faggot fanboy )
hisham80 - 16.12.2012 at 02:18
They went downhill or i should say they hit rockbottom with Risk as they were kinda fading away after Rust in Peace because CTE isn't as good as RIP and Youthanasia isn't better than CTE and so on ..but after Risk they started to be a bit better by each album they release TWNAH is better than Risk and TSHF is better than TWNAH and UA is better than TSHF and Endgame is even better than UA for me it was their best album in almost 20 years but when Thirteen came they started to go a bit downhill again and i am worried if the history would repeat itself here by getting worse and worse ..bottomline is i hope the new album would be better than Thirteen.

News The Vision Bleak - Begin Recording New Album Next Week 10 16.02.2013 by master666
News Gojira - Begin Recording New Album Next Month 8.5 03.10.2011 by Unhealer
News Devourment - Begin Recording New Album 7 22.06.2012 by Protostar
News Cannibal Corpse - Begin Recording New Album This Weekend 7 14.02.2014 by Rikke
News Tombs - Begin Recording New Album 7 11.11.2013 by 3rdWorld