Tobias Sammet's tour management is currently working on a headlining indoor tour for Avantasia in April. The band will also play a few chosen summer festivals, and a South American and Asian tour is planned for late summer. The actual tour dates will be announced soon.

Tobias Sammet released the following statement: "I know I once said we weren't gonna do it again, but then I don't see a reason to let this die. I wanna put on the biggest thing you have ever seen, I wanna bring more vocalists, play longer shows, and just make it a giant Rock Opera. I love to headline festivals, you run over people in 90 minutes and kick ass. But I also like to do our own Avantasia indoor tour because we can make it much more Avantasia oriented and play almost three hours without caring about anything else but Avantasia. So we said, we have to do a giant indoor tour as well, and it's going to happen in April. I am so looking forward to it. The stage designer has just showed me his stage and light design, and it looks absolutely killer. It will be huge. 2013 will be a major year for Avantasia, and people don't have a clue how big things are actually going to be! I am very excited - the album will be amazingly epic, and the tour will be too!"

In terms of the new album recordings, the drums for the forthcoming Avantasia album have been completed, the drummer is Russell Gilbrook from Uriah Heep.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Avantasia

Posted: 25.11.2012 by R Lewis

Comments

FeskarN - 25.11.2012 at 12:57
Excited for the tour but not for the album so much. Hope he can suprise with something good..
The Shape 1973 - 25.11.2012 at 12:58
The album will be amazingly epic?

I'm not sure he has any epic left. Hope I'm wrong.
Pitwulf93 - 25.11.2012 at 16:39
Nice! Hope I can catch one of those shows. How about headlining Graspop 2013 along with Iron Maiden? That would almost be too epic I think! Can't wait to hear the new album. And it better have some Jorn Lande!!! I want another Scarecrow!
Valentin B - 25.11.2012 at 17:31
After that he's probably gonna say Avantasia will be laid to rest, and then revive the band for another tour.
Andreas - 25.11.2012 at 19:58
Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2012 at 17:31

Hopefully...
Kingface - 26.11.2012 at 15:15
Went to see Magnum and Trillium at Nottingham Rock City last night (it was an amazing show by the way). Spoke to someone who asked Amanda Somerville about this tour and she said they are trying to get a UK Date in, which I presume would be in London.
Wes - 26.11.2012 at 22:23
Come to Japan!

News Kathaarsys - New Album Out This April, Announce European Tour 5.5 30.03.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Machine Head - Bassist Injured, Forced To Sit Out Tour 5.5 23.08.2007 by Syk
Events USA, Corona, CA - Raven & Diamond Head: North American Tour 2013 4.5 02.09.2013 by Egigantea
News Hydra Head Records - Out Of Ink 4 12.09.2012 by BoxCar Willy