Yngwie Malmsteen has given us a taste of his upcoming album Spellbound. The guitarist released audio samples of all the new tracks, which you can enjoy on the video below while you prepare for the album release on December 5th through Rising Force Records.

Spellbound tracklist:

13. Requiem For The Lost

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Yngwie Malmsteen

Posted: 30.11.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 30.11.2012 at 12:59
Sounds like he is going back to his early albums by having nearly all instrumental. Yngwie doing the vocals himself on some tracks is a bit of a worry though.
CHEF METALHEAD - 30.11.2012 at 16:27
Who is the singer this time...? ( I know that Yngwie is doing some singing )
The Shape 1973 - 30.11.2012 at 16:45
Written by CHEF METALHEAD on 30.11.2012 at 16:27

Who is the singer this time...? ( I know that Yngwie is doing some singing )

As far as I know its just Yngwie. God help us.
DrunkenFuck - 30.11.2012 at 17:35
Am I the only one who think it sounds like he's using a drum machine?
Anyway, not a fan of the production at all. And I want a real singer back FFS.
Carl Berg - 30.11.2012 at 18:21
Turbo Amadeus is a great song title
Stabby - 01.12.2012 at 04:41
That guitar in the cover art might as well be replaced with a penis.

This sounds like a decent album but I wasn't really blown away by any of those samples.
empty - 01.12.2012 at 05:16
I like that yngwie is writing more instrumentals, although i think he could go even more in the direction of say 'black star' or 'icarus' dream suite' or 'trilogy suite'. to me, some of these songs so far sound more like etudes than full band compositions.

dont really like the vocals, but i like him singing more than most of his singers. yngwies vocal performance on manic depression was good, i think if he didnt try to sound so 'feel good' he may come across better.
Windir - 03.12.2012 at 06:39
Sounds amalmzing!
andreosokin - 05.12.2012 at 08:41
Written by Windir on 03.12.2012 at 06:39

Sounds amalmzing!

Sounds horrible.

In fact, my opinion is getting worse and worse with each new record. The last good record by Yngwie was Attack in 2002, IMO
JohnDoe - 05.12.2012 at 13:29
Another album I'll pass, this guy is repeating himself (if i may say so) way too much and doing the vocals himself it's not a good idea.

News Bring Me The Horizon - New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 02.03.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Rorcal - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 04.04.2013 by qlacs
News Whispered - New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 03.02.2014 by BloodJuNkie
News Gojira - (Almost) Entire New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 02.10.2008 by
News The Rotted - New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 24.06.2008 by Passenger