Official Season Of Mist press release:

True to a life-long interest in underground extreme metal, Season Of Mist will release the full back catalogue of Norwegian cult act Ildjarn, as well as the Ildjarn-Nidhogg and Sort Vokter productions. Here is the comprehensive list of reissues:

Norse (EP)
Ildjarn (album)
Strength And Anger (album)
Landscapes (album)
Svartfråd (EP)
Forest Poetry (album)
Hardangervidda (album)
Hardangervidda Part 2 (EP)
1992-1995 (compilation)
Eksistensens Jeger (single)
Nocturnal Visions (EP)
Minnesjord - The Dark Soil (EP)
Ildjarn 93 (EP)
Ildjarn Is Dead (compilation)
Sort Vokter - Folkloric Necro Metal (album)

All 15 reissues will be available digitally in the upcoming weeks and most of them will hit the stores in physical editions later on. More information soon! Please note that Ildjarn ceased all musical activities a long time ago and therefore does not do interviews and does not run any official web page or social network.

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Ildjarn

Posted: 04.12.2012 by Alloy

Comments

Jiri - 04.12.2012 at 20:56
Kind of cool, actually. Those originals are pretty hard to obtain.
!J.O.O.E.! - 04.12.2012 at 21:16
Yeah, it's pretty cool. At the same time though I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend any extended amount of time listening to Ildjarn. From what I've listened to it's either naff ambient of fun-for-a-couple-of-songs mega underproduced black metal that becomes pretty lame after half an album's worth. Good for novelty, but not much else.
Bad English - 04.12.2012 at 21:25
And how much will it cost NOK 15 000
ManiacBlasphemer - 04.12.2012 at 23:16
Other than the debut album and Hardangervidda (not Part 2), not much to listen here. If anyone would want to buy these, they should do it for the sake of completing a collection, not much worth. I dig ambient, I dig low-fi prod quality, but somehow, I cannot dig Ildjarn too well (except for what I mentioned).
Swietowit11 - 04.12.2012 at 23:42
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 04.12.2012 at 21:16

I'll be getting the "Norse" and "Svartfrad" EPs and leave it at that. Not only are these the best Ildjarn releases (by the grace of their 10-minute lengths), but "Svartfrad" boasts the amazing bear cover artwork. On the whole, however, I too never understood the hype that surrounded Ildjarn's projects. "Forest Poetry" is the most unlistenable black metal album I have ever heard.

News Helloween - New Video Available 2.5 06.01.2010 by Ellrohir
News Negură Bunget - Re-Releases Out Soon 2.5 19.11.2008 by BitterCOld
News Cynic - New Song Available For Download 2.5 24.04.2010 by -Morbid-
News Spiral Architect - Soon To Write New Music, Update 2.5 08.01.2012 by Grimskallen
News Weedeater - Sign To Season Of Mist, New Album And Reissues 2.5 08.11.2013 by SleepFan