The 55th annual Grammy Awards nominees have been revealed last night by the Recording Academy and the Best Hard Rock / Metal Performance category includes Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Anthrax, Lamb Of God, Halestorm and Marilyn Manson.

The 55th annual Grammy Awards will be held on Sunday, February 10th, 2013 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The event will air live on CBS at 8PM ET. Who will take the Grammy this time? Out of all the nominees, only Iron Maiden has previously won a Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance with their 2010 single "El Dorado".

"Best Hard Rock / Metal Performance" category nominees:

• Anthrax: I'm Alive (from the album Worship Music)
  • Halestorm: Love Bites (So Do I) (from the album The Strange Case Of...)
  • Iron Maiden: Blood Brothers (from the live album En Vivo!)
  • Lamb Of God: Ghost Walking (from the album Resolution)
  • Marilyn Manson: No Reflection (from the album Born Villain)
  • Megadeth: Whose Life (Is It Anyways?) (from the album Th1rt3en)

You can see the full list of nominees over here.

Source: grammy.com
    Posted: 06.12.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Lit. - 06.12.2012 at 17:29
    Let the rage begin!
    Pitwulf93 - 06.12.2012 at 17:32
    Boring nominees, not going to bother starting a debate.
    Unhealer - 06.12.2012 at 17:55
    Nominating "Blood Brothers" from Maiden's latest live album is really random.
    Evil Chip - 06.12.2012 at 18:31
    YU S3LL0VT$!!!
    ScreamingSteelUS - 06.12.2012 at 18:44
    Why are "Th1rt3en" and "Worship Music" in the running when they both came out last year? More importantly, why are the Grammys still trying to placate metalheads? After all, we are the only people who would care about a category like this, not that most of us would care even if they were reasonable, and they seem to go out of their way to make idiotic decisions that do nothing to please the actual fans. I am honestly surprised that they even know who Anthrax are. I predict that Halestorm will win, because they are the most mainstream of all these artists. I love that song, too, but I cannot see any contest here, because it has nothing to do with music so much as social politics. I would wonder why Lamb of God is on here, but it has to be their feeble attempt to appeal to fans of more extreme metal while still keeping it entirely mainstream.

The Grammys suck. I can't wait for the next MS Awards.
    Neroese - 06.12.2012 at 18:57
    Written by Pitwulf93 on 06.12.2012 at 17:32

Boring nominees, not going to bother starting a debate.

Yup. Nothing special here, the most knowed bands.
    Korah - 06.12.2012 at 19:29
    Blurps! I would say LOG or Megadeth but why those songs ? There were so much better this year!
    OpenMind - 06.12.2012 at 19:39
    Same names same shit every year, these people do not know shit about metal ... I do not think anyone who listens to metal in general interest who gets this award
    PocketMetal - 06.12.2012 at 19:54
    Well I agree with everyone else about the metal nominees . on the other hand I'm glad Bjork , Fiona Apple and Florence + The Machine got nominations , respectable names ( imo) .
    Slyfang - 06.12.2012 at 20:49
    Written by OpenMind on 06.12.2012 at 19:39

Pretty much this. I just wanted to say the same, that the people doing the nominating pretty much don't know anything about metal. They probably just know a small handful of bands, and half the albums make it on the list.
    LICH - 06.12.2012 at 22:00
    Halestorm are SHITE same with manson ,if anthrax maiden or megadeth win il be fucking proud
    scapeplan - 07.12.2012 at 01:17
    A song from a live album, two songs from 2011, 2 terrible songs, and Lamb Of God. Meh. LOG is actually probably the most legit nominee.
    Alvin666 - 07.12.2012 at 02:55
    Meh... im stick to ms award or popmatters award.
    dougver1 - 07.12.2012 at 08:15
    Really? this is the best the grammies can pick? We at metalstorm have had one HELL of a year with all of the amazing new releases, and the most effort the grammies put into the heavy metal awards is nominating megadeth and iron maiden's mediocre new stuff? I think those grammy award snobs ought to come over to metalstorm more often and see what's up
    Nightfall - 07.12.2012 at 08:38
    Written by Slyfang on 06.12.2012 at 20:49

Written by OpenMind on 06.12.2012 at 19:39

I couldn't agree more. Everytime I see the nominees for the grammies I think I'm reading some kind of joke.
    R'Vannith - 07.12.2012 at 09:27
    Storm Corrosion for Best Surround Sound Album is the only interesting nomination. Hard Rock/Metal, or at least the latter has always been poorly represented in these all inclusive kind of awards. That's pretty inevitable when they lump the two into one category.
    M C Vice - 07.12.2012 at 10:44
    Damn, still no Gorgoroth nomination. I really want to see the audience reaction when Infernus thanks satan for the award.
    Machiavelli - 07.12.2012 at 12:43
    I hope Lamb Of God wins then Randy Blythe throws Chris Brown off the podium and his head explodes like a ripe melon.
    Fredd - 07.12.2012 at 17:52
    I didn't want to comment but I couldnt inform you of my lack of will to comment without commenting so I commented but you should know that I didnt want to comment. Ignore this comment.
    Soviet - 08.12.2012 at 02:22
    Lamb of God, Marilyn Manson, and Dave Mustaine are probably the only ones who actually care.
    Timmeh - 08.12.2012 at 03:28
    Yeah I doubt many people in the metal community give a shit when it's just the same mainstream garbage every year whilst plenty of great artists go unheard. Though I do thank the Grammys for introducing me to some good bands when I first started getting into metal.
    Fade To Black - 09.12.2012 at 00:16
    The metal nominees are shit, but the other picks for album of the year and band of the year are surprisingly not shitty this year.
    Hellcult - 09.12.2012 at 00:46
    Rubish !
    Marduk - Serpent Sermon or Kreator - Phantom Antichrist should be there, not those boring bands !
    Cynic Metalhead - 09.12.2012 at 18:41
    LOG gonna sweep it up on this boring-ass-plastic-carrying-attitude duckfucks's stage show.
    Godless Visions - 13.12.2012 at 05:11
    For the record, the only other metal item worth mentioning is Lars Fox, lead singer of the incredible metal band Grotus is nominated for an engineering grammy for his work on Jason Mraz's new album.
    So... cheering for him for that.
    Wouldn't Mraz making a pretty kick-ass black metal band name?
    Mauro De Lio - 18.12.2012 at 02:53
    Written by Machiavelli on 07.12.2012 at 12:43

Not a happy thing for you to say, man. Needless to say what the czech fan's family is going through and what Randy will surely go through.
    Regarding the nominees, seems like the list was issued by a stiff, suit-and-tie, respectful gentleman who googled "metal". C'mon....Purple was left out. One of the real big 4 (being Sabbath, Zeppelin and Priest the others). Thank god it's this ridiculous. If the choices were a little bit more realistic, someone could actually took them seriously.
    Machiavelli - 18.12.2012 at 23:56
    Written by Mauro De Lio on 18.12.2012 at 02:53

Written by Machiavelli on 07.12.2012 at 12:43

Sometimes my negativity makes me happy. I just dont have a lot of respect for misogynists but the jury is still out on whether Chris Brown's melon needs to explode so I'll retract my statement.
    Ruin - 11.02.2013 at 12:54
    Halestorm Won !
    Dentura - 11.02.2013 at 13:05
    Meh, I had a feeling Halestorm would win. This is why I don't really care for the Grammys anymore, I have forgotten they were today until I was reminded about them.
    Ellrohir - 11.02.2013 at 13:15
    The only remarkable thing is that ugly-looking singer...
    !J.O.O.E.! - 11.02.2013 at 13:25
    Written by Ellrohir on 11.02.2013 at 13:15

The only remarkable thing is that ugly-looking singer...

You must have a remarkably backwards idea of beauty if you think she's ugly.
    Ellrohir - 11.02.2013 at 13:36
    Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 11.02.2013 at 13:25

Written by Ellrohir on 11.02.2013 at 13:15

The only remarkable thing is that ugly-looking singer...

You must have a remarkably backwards idea of beauty if you think she's ugly.

You must have a remarkably backwards idea of beauty if you think she's beautiful.

besides - i wrote "ugly-looking" and thats not the same as "ugly" for me...i believe she could look cute, but she needs to stop making those "though" faces as in the vid

News Halestorm - Win Grammy For Best Hard Rock / Metal Performance 10 11.02.2013 by Bad English
    News Grammy Awards - Best Metal Performance Nominations 9 03.12.2009 by Baz Anderson
    News 2014 Grammy Awards - Best Metal Performance Nominations 9 07.12.2013 by Windrider
    General metal forum Grammy Nominees for Best Metal Performance 9 13.12.2007 by mankvill
    News Slayer - Win "Best Metal Performance" Grammy 7 12.02.2007 by Katatronik