Symphonic metallers Edenbridge have been working on their new album, which will be their 8th studio album and follow Solitaire. Today the band revealed that the new offering will be titled The Bonding, expected to be released next year. More should be revealed soon.

Edenbridge explained the meaning of the title: "The Bonding is the connection of the baby to the mother right after the birth, as well as the connection to nature and therefore to the bigger whole in the major sense, where all is connected together. The change of times 2012 is nothing else than a new starting cycle, in which our memory of the bonding will increasingly appear. To this degree, that we will trust in our inner force and dare into life, though it might be full of insecurities.

We owe our mind enormous awareness and achievements, but is not able to open our hearts; it's just able to prevent it due to the fear of all sorts of things. But we ourselves decide, what we think, when it is useful to make up our minds and when it is time to let our thoughts leave and go into our hearts. Then The Bonding can happen again!"

For now, the band only has one show confirmed for next year in Buenos Aires, Argentina on March 1st, 2013, their first show ever in South America.

Source: edenbridge.org
Band profile: Edenbridge

Posted: 21.12.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Susan - 21.12.2012 at 21:00
SWEET. This kind of reminds me of their Grand Design album concept.
treptolemus - 21.12.2012 at 21:42
I think it's a good concept. Let's hope it turns into something good, my crippled and broken intuition tells me that it will!
The Shape 1973 - 21.12.2012 at 21:51
The press release sounds like the script from some Christmas perfume ad.
Italics - 21.12.2012 at 22:35
I discovered this band recently... and I can't believe I've been missing out on them for this long!

I enjoy both their older and newer style, but I definitely am a bigger fan of "MyEarthDream" and "Solitaire" than I am of their other albums. But still, all of their albums are solid and consistent. I am really excited for this!
dismaleuphony - 21.12.2012 at 23:31
I'm really looking forward to hearing all the concepts developed in the music now And now with an orchestra back again into the the recordings as well. The way the band manages to take darkness and despair and turn it into something bright and inspiring has been the reason I've kept coming back to their recent work just as much as I enjoyed it upon first listens.
Unhealer - 21.12.2012 at 23:56
The only song I know by these guys is "Centennial Legend", and it's great. Never bothered checking anything else :/
Dark Cornatus - 22.12.2012 at 00:36
Written by Unhealer on 21.12.2012 at 23:56

Not even close to one of their better songs.

Here are a few songs off their earlier albums i really love. I would post the laster albums, but i think you really need to listen to Edenbridge starting from their earliest work.
Dark Blood - 22.12.2012 at 08:36
Very nice news. Edenbridge always find a way to make things interesting. Looking forward to it.
Unhealer - 22.12.2012 at 20:00
Written by Dark Cornatus on 22.12.2012 at 00:36

Wow, thanks I'll check them out when I have the chance.

News Amon Amarth - New Album Title And Artwork Unveiled 7 12.04.2013 by J. N.
News Christopher Amott - New Solo Album Title And Cover Artwork Unveiled 7 06.07.2012 by Mad Arab666
News Artillery - New Album Title And More Unveiled 7 01.09.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Desecravity - New Album Title, Cover Art Unveiled 7 13.08.2014 by Alex Fenger
News Downfall Of Gaia - To Record New Album, Title Unveiled 7 04.06.2014 by tea[m]ster