Australian progressive metallers Ne Obliviscaris have joined the ranks of Season Of Mist. More importantly, the band is currently writing their new album and plans to record it later this year.

The band posted the following on their official Facebook page: "For us as a band, signing to Season Of Mist, one of the best independent metal labels in the world, a label whose roster includes some of our all time favourite bands and influences, is quite surreal. We worked for many years to get our debut album Portal Of I out there for the world to hear and for its reception to have been so overwhelmingly positive, and for a label like this to not only love our music, but believe we can go places in the worldwide metal scene is incredible. It is one of those things that just gives us even more motivation to keep composing and performing and trying to take Ne Obliviscaris as far as we can to as many people across the world as possible. We're currently in the middle of writing our next album with plans to record late 2013 and we can't wait to get it out there to the world and take that next step in partnership with Season of Mist."

The band's debut album Portal Of I was nominated for Metal Storm Awards 2012 in the Best Progressive Metal Album category.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ne Obliviscaris

Posted: 13.02.2013 by Blizk

Comments

maelanthe - 13.02.2013 at 12:56
These guys deserve the recognition!
Alex Fenger - 13.02.2013 at 14:50
Yay, the single most overrated band of 2012 getting undeserved recognition... the yay was sarcasm
!J.O.O.E.! - 13.02.2013 at 14:58
Written by Alex Fenger on 13.02.2013 at 14:50

And on an incredibly overrated label as well. SoM get all the en vogue rubbish these days.
Mr. Doctor - 13.02.2013 at 15:18
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.02.2013 at 14:58

...and they started so well. It lets us know that very very few labels say no to popularity.
Alex Fenger - 13.02.2013 at 16:27
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.02.2013 at 14:58

Aren't Esoteric and Inquisition signed to them? Those are two awesome bands. But I guess looking at all the other shit they've signed it far outweighs the good
!J.O.O.E.! - 13.02.2013 at 16:33
Written by Alex Fenger on 13.02.2013 at 16:27

Ah Inquisition, if the vocals weren't so God-awful I could probably enjoy them quite a bit.
Alex Fenger - 13.02.2013 at 16:36
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.02.2013 at 16:33

I love their vocals, but we're getting off topic. We're here to bitch about another shit band getting signed to a mediocre label
PocketMetal - 13.02.2013 at 19:00
There's a chance that your tastes suck and the band is fine .
Dentura - 13.02.2013 at 20:01
Very intrigued by this, can't wait to hear what their follow-up will sound like!
Mr. Doctor - 13.02.2013 at 20:07
Written by PocketMetal on 13.02.2013 at 19:00
There's a chance that your tastes suck and the band is fine .

*yawn* Nice try at trolling.
Thank you come again!

The funny thing is that we actually share a lot of positive opinions about other albums.
PocketMetal - 13.02.2013 at 20:17
Written by Mr. Doctor on 13.02.2013 at 20:07

*yawn* Nice try at trolling.
Thank you come again!

I wasn't trolling , so you don't like a band ... it doesn't necessarily mean they are "overrated" . well I share a lot of negative and positive opinions about other bands too but I respect all of them equally unless I find them insulting .
I didn't mean your tastes suck for good , maybe just about this band
!J.O.O.E.! - 13.02.2013 at 20:19
Written by PocketMetal on 13.02.2013 at 20:17

I didn't mean your tastes suck for good , maybe just about this band

For what they do with their music and how long they've been around I don't think they deserve the level of respect and popularity they have received, ergo, they are overrated.
PocketMetal - 13.02.2013 at 20:46
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.02.2013 at 20:19

yeah , I get that and I'm not gonna argue with your personal opinion about that . all I'm saying is music sounds different to different people and after all it's a matter of taste and perception . it's not like this band should be blamed for being liked by people ... actually I've never seen them say something too cocky and they are being humble about this , I fail to see a problem about all this . ( except so many other bands deserve to be recognized of course but these guys are not blocking the path for others )
WorpeX - 13.02.2013 at 23:01
Written by PocketMetal on 13.02.2013 at 20:46

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.02.2013 at 20:19

Thank you for speaking some sense PocketMetal! I'm sick of people slamming great bands on MetalStorm for no reason at all. Ne Obliviscaris is not overrated. Hell, I only know one other person whose even heard of the band besides me! I think they had a good debut album and can't wait to see what they do on the follow up!
!J.O.O.E.! - 13.02.2013 at 23:16
This band is and always has been overrated from their demo. On metal archives it received an inordinate amount of praise and popularity despite being a rather unspectacular and average release. You seem to be confusing "slamming" with having an opinion on something. There's nothing nonsensical about that. If you're sick of people having opinions that don't match your own then perhaps a forum isn't for you. Most people manage to suck it up though.
Mr. Doctor - 13.02.2013 at 23:24
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.02.2013 at 23:16
Most people manage to suck it up though.

It took me several cold showers and a lot of ice cream to get over the fact that you don't like Dopethrone.

...I still cry at night sometimes. The ice cream helps a little bit.
!J.O.O.E.! - 13.02.2013 at 23:29
Written by Mr. Doctor on 13.02.2013 at 23:24

...I still cry at night sometimes. The ice cream helps a little bit.

Yes, I heard that you put the ice cream on that BUTTHURT you received from learning that I didn't like it!

But seriously, I got used to the fact that every other person dislikes The Meads of Asphodel. I'm sure the odd few saying that something isn't quite as deserving as it is is not going to affect them much.
Mr. Doctor - 13.02.2013 at 23:32
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.02.2013 at 23:29

Well, I like them... It took me a hell of a lot to appreciate them though. Not something you can easily get into at least in my opinion.
!J.O.O.E.! - 13.02.2013 at 23:39
Written by Mr. Doctor on 13.02.2013 at 23:32

I still think if the vocals were more conventional they'd have heaps more fans. I'd also be far less fond of them if that were the case though.
Alex Fenger - 13.02.2013 at 23:44
Written by PocketMetal on 13.02.2013 at 20:17

I didn't mean your tastes suck for good , maybe just about this band

Your logic is... well, illogical. I feel like the band gets an absurd amount of un-warranted recognition, so I find them to be overrated. It's all opinion based, saying someone's "tastes suck" is just flat out dumb. I don't tell everyone that listens to this shit that their tastes suck, because they don't, they just differ from mine.
PocketMetal - 14.02.2013 at 00:15
Written by Alex Fenger on 13.02.2013 at 23:44

I'm sorry , I wasn't that serious while saying that ... I don't know how to put this , for example I don't really like Thrash Metal that much , but instead of saying "this band sucks " or "this band is shit" I go with something like " I don't like this " . you probably know that making music is not really that easy as it comes with a lot of pressure and hard work , I just don't like to blame any band .

still I say once again that I respect and tolerate any negative opinions about the bands I like , that was just a poor choice of words .
Alex Fenger - 14.02.2013 at 00:18
Written by PocketMetal on 14.02.2013 at 00:15

That's more understandable, although it should be clear that anything I say is my opinion, so saying something like "this band sucks" is just my opinion
Jiri - 14.02.2013 at 00:22
Ink!!! They inked one!!! Ink that, motherfuckers!
Dylan - 14.02.2013 at 09:58
Why be so mad about a band you don't like?
Verdun_sc - 18.02.2013 at 09:40
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 13.02.2013 at 23:16

I agree with the first part of this actually - I didnt really enjoy the demo near as much as other people. I found parts of it very good, and parts just thoroughly meh.

But I unabashedly loved Portal of I. That said, I wish people would stop using the term "inked".

News Archspire - Ink Deal With Season Of Mist 8.5 07.03.2013 by psykometal
News The Chariot - Ink European Deal With Season Of Mist 8.5 02.08.2012 by Black Conundrum
News Necronomicon (CAN) - Ink Deal With Season Of Mist 8.5 27.02.2013 by LeKiwi
News Blacklodge - Ink Deal With Season Of Mist 8.5 01.03.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Silent Stream Of Godless Elegy - Ink Deal With Season Of Mist 8.5 10.09.2010 by Susan

Hits total: 2056 | This month: 39