The cover artwork for 13, the new Rick Rubin-produced much anticipated album from Black Sabbath has been revealed through a video the band released along with a snippet of a new song that will appear on the record. You can take a look at the cover and listen to the audio teaser below and whet your appetite for the album.

This is the first album in 35 years to feature bassist Geeezer Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne and will be released on June 11th via Vertigo/Universal Republic in the U.S. and June 10th in Europe through Vertigo. The drum tracks were laid down by Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk following original drummer Bill Ward's decision not to take part in the reunion.

You can also watch the studio clip previously released by the band over here and get more details about the album.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath

Posted: 05.04.2013 by Bad English

Comments

Angelic Storm - 05.04.2013 at 12:57
The riff sounds like "2x4" from Metallica's Load album... That clip is way too short to really form a proper opinion on it, or make predictions about how the album overall will sound. I like the minimalist nature of the album cover, and it's certainly better than many of their past album covers! My expectations for this album are still fairly low, but nonetheless, I can't wait to hear it.
Mr. Doctor - 05.04.2013 at 13:44
That's like saying the shit I took today is better than the one I had yesterday. Even if the previous one was all kinds of nasty... It's still shit we are talking about here.
Bad "artwork"... Won't comment on the music since it's too soon.
HaaskAksaaH - 05.04.2013 at 14:22
Something which is called ''Good Impression'' ... after gazing into cover art ..
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.04.2013 at 14:26
Damn, that is some baaaaad artwork, on a par with Born Again when it comes to crappiness.
seafood - 05.04.2013 at 14:29
I like the artwork ...
qlacs - 05.04.2013 at 14:41
Eff.. we had a 13 from MegaDave recently that sucked... I know it's ridiculous but nowadays it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy that everything named after the band or the number of albums a band made just... horrible. CoC, Megadeth are perfect examples.

Do note that it only happens with big names.
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.04.2013 at 14:48
Written by qlacs on 05.04.2013 at 14:41

why Black Sabbath titled this album 13 no-one knows. This is Sabbath's 19th studio album.
Mr. Doctor - 05.04.2013 at 15:00
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2013 at 14:48

Maybe because of the year... But still fucking retarded.
Lit. - 05.04.2013 at 15:49
At least it's simple, not overdone PS'd junk like Helloween or Sodom.
Apothecary - 05.04.2013 at 15:51
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2013 at 14:26

Nah, Born Again was pretty shit, but even that artwork was better than this, at least the idea of the child demon with the album title was a bit funny.
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.04.2013 at 15:56
Written by Apothecary on 05.04.2013 at 15:51

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2013 at 14:26

Exactly the idea behind Born Again was good, it was just the execution which was horrible.
Scuzzy McDouche - 05.04.2013 at 16:05
I don't think the artwork is that bad, it's just simple. Anyway, can we at least hear the rest of the album before we drop trow and take a massive steaming shit on it? I mean, that was just a few seconds of a song, how can you judge the whole thing based on that? Helloween has recently proven that album artwork in no way represents the music on the album. The artwork from Straight out of Hell is probably the worst they've had since Pink Bubbles and Chameleon (even though it still had their symbolic pumpkins, which I love), but musically, is the best work they've done in 13 years.
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.04.2013 at 16:24
Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 05.04.2013 at 16:05

rereading comments here I don't see anyway take a shit on the music.
Just taking shit on the cover art. And cover art, just like song titles, are no indication as to how the music will turn out.
Athena - 05.04.2013 at 17:38
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2013 at 14:48

Written by qlacs on 05.04.2013 at 14:41

Maybe it's because the calendar year is 2013
Akula - 05.04.2013 at 18:45
Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 05.04.2013 at 16:05

I prefear The Dark Ride and 7 Sinners BY FAR.
Sangre Sani - 05.04.2013 at 18:52
I AM EXCITED!!!!
cossaisVendeurs - 05.04.2013 at 19:38
"The drum tracks were laid down by Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk"

Fuck them, he did what they told him!
Dentura - 05.04.2013 at 20:12
The artwork is meh, but the audio snippet is not too bad! It's pretty decent!
exomorphyx89 - 05.04.2013 at 20:34
Few seconds of music are not enough to predict the sound of an entire album... They haven't released anything decent since Born Again (with the exception of Dehumanizer), so I trust this album will be a fine piece of metal. The artwork isn't amazing but I think is acceptable compared to their usually-horrible covers (with the exception of Heaven and Hell). The only shit I hate here is the fuckin' title of the album, "God is Dead" (one of the track's title) would have been perfect... and for the cover they should have used at least the same background without the fuckin' burning numbers.
Opethian - 05.04.2013 at 23:17
My guess its the number of whats left of their 'Fan base'
Ace Frawley - 06.04.2013 at 02:45
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 05.04.2013 at 19:38

"The drum tracks were laid down by Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk"

Fuck them, he did what they told him!

hehe, good one!
Mattybu - 06.04.2013 at 04:39
Sounding a little bit KISS sonic-boomy but definitely not enough of an audio clip to make much of an opinion... artwork is rather uninteresting but sabbath has never really had amazing artwork. although I like the simple ones like master of reality and Vol. 4 from back in the day, and their debut was cool too.
Captain Obvious - 06.04.2013 at 05:01
It kinda reminds me of the Master of Reality cover, nothing fancy, just the band name and the album title.
Ace Frawley - 06.04.2013 at 11:22
It looks like some sort of ritualistic burning of the numbers 1 and 3.
malaikat - 06.04.2013 at 14:47
Don't like the cover art. I'm not talking about the music. Just cover art.
Silent Jay - 06.04.2013 at 18:53
Written by exomorphyx89 on 05.04.2013 at 20:34

No love for Headless Cross or Tyr? Booo hisssss

Won't judge the music yet but can say I think the cover art is tragically lame. Even Born Again had better artwork and that was intentionally made bad! Still excited as fuck for the album though.
Misfit74 - 06.04.2013 at 20:48
This will be good enough for me. The art ok, and while I don't like the album title the music is going to be cool and if they tour I'll see them for the first time. I sure hope they do a large tour for this.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 07.04.2013 at 01:40
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2013 at 15:56

Do you think such idea like that would (or actually could) have really gotten any better???

But this cover is like a pretentiously subjective 'hidden meaning'. A 13th rate Cross Purposes. One of my favourite covers.
Night Theater - 07.04.2013 at 11:05
I like the album artwork... and my Mum says its cool *In Milhouse voice*
Big-Al - 08.04.2013 at 12:20
Well I like the lettering: "Black Sabbath" the artwork is cool enough, but the title seems a bit weak.
TheLostChord - 09.04.2013 at 21:32
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.04.2013 at 12:57

I thought the same thing about it sounding like Metallica.

News Grand Magus - Unveil New Album Cover Art And Release Date 8.5 29.03.2012 by Valentin B
News Deafheaven - New Album Release Date And Cover Art Revealed 8.5 04.04.2013 by Abattoir
News Hypocrisy - New Album Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 8.5 14.07.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Scale The Summit - New Album Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 8.5 24.01.2011 by Ag Fox
News Dark Tranquillity - Release New Album Cover, Tracklist And Trailer 8.5 27.03.2013 by Nimue