Black Sabbath have finally given fans a chance to listen to a brand new song from 13, their upcoming new album. The band uploaded the new single "God Is Dead?", the first to surface, on YouTube and you can now stream it below. The track is made available digitally today. However, you will have to wait until June 11th in the U.S. and June 10th in Europe to grab the album.

You can preorder your copy of 13 from iTunes and get an instant download of "God Is Dead?". The single's artwork was created by Heather Cassils.

The first Black Sabbath album in 35 years to feature bassist Geeezer Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne was produced by Rick Rubin with Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk recording the drum parts. More album details can be found over here.

13 tracklist:

01. End Of The Beginning
02. God Is Dead?
03. Loner
04. Zeitgeist
05. Age Of Reason
06. Live Forever
07. Damaged Soul
08. Dear Father

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath

Posted: 19.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: [1] 2

HaaskAksaaH - 19.04.2013 at 13:38
Awesome! just this.
!J.O.O.E.! - 19.04.2013 at 13:55
Awful, terrible song, but at least Jason Mendonca is on the front cover.
popmik - 19.04.2013 at 14:01
Wow surprisingly good
Diverge - 19.04.2013 at 15:12
It isn't a bad song at all, relative to their discography. Iommi makes the track worthwhile. Of course they are never going to return to their prime, and it would be rather foolish to expect that.
Dylan - 19.04.2013 at 15:25
Pretty cool song

Nothing compared to the classics but it's very listenable.
!J.O.O.E.! - 19.04.2013 at 15:27
Written by Diverge on 19.04.2013 at 15:12

Not to play "that card" but if this wasn't a Sabbath song I doubt anyone in the right mind would care about this. It's tired, overproduced and with a vocalist who can't sing, despite all the studio efforts to try and hide this fact. It would be lost in the haze of other lame heavy metal wannabes.
Lit. - 19.04.2013 at 15:55
Is it me or is !J.O.O.E.! becoming the next Marcel?
Daniell - 19.04.2013 at 16:21
If the whole album turns out to be similar in quality to this turd of a song, we will get the worst Black Sabbath album ever.
!J.O.O.E.! - 19.04.2013 at 16:29
Written by Lit. on 19.04.2013 at 15:55

Is it me or is !J.O.O.E.! becoming the next Marcel?

If calling a spade a spade constitutes becoming the next Marcel, then yep

If anyone thinks this song is good then I will instantly assume they are on crack.
King Bonzo - 19.04.2013 at 16:41
It's pretty enjoyable when ozzy shuts up. Also vocals are way too dominant in the mix I think I'll give this a wide birth if this is representative of 13
Demerzel - 19.04.2013 at 17:00
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.04.2013 at 15:27

It's a bit foolish to think that fanboys wouldn't automatically exaggerate anything Black Sabbath released.
!J.O.O.E.! - 19.04.2013 at 17:02
Written by Demerzel on 19.04.2013 at 17:00

Indeed
Zaphod - 19.04.2013 at 17:05
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.04.2013 at 15:27

I don't see that card played too often, so good move.
Scuzzy McDouche - 19.04.2013 at 17:17
Ok, it sucks...sorry Sabbath. I have major respect for you guys, but...this is...really fucking weak.
BoxCar Willy - 19.04.2013 at 17:20
That was pretty terrible.
Slyfang - 19.04.2013 at 17:45
I have never liked Black Sabbath. To me this sounds just as boring as nearly everything else they wrote.

However, I thought everyone else here liked this sort of stuff Surprised to see this reaction.
moe5512 - 19.04.2013 at 18:05
Well imo if Black Sabbath was a new band and played their "old" classics I don't think people would like them but now because of their influence in metal and hard rock everyone has to like them or else they are not tr00 metal fans
!J.O.O.E.! - 19.04.2013 at 18:33
Written by moe5512 on 19.04.2013 at 18:05

Well it's hard to really argue for or against that case as you'd have to create a bit of a paradox (seeing as Black Sabbath are responsible for their sound) but I got into them relatively retrospectively after not really liking them for many years.
Demonmayonnaise - 19.04.2013 at 19:47
Well I must be on crack because I enjoyed the song.
squidrick420 - 19.04.2013 at 19:59
Nothing special, but still worth listening to. I didn't really have super high hopes for the Sabbath return, and this is about what I was expecting. A throwback to the old style that is just Sabbath, nothing more and nothing less.
Machiavelli - 19.04.2013 at 21:21
Is God really dead? Erm... it is amazing how those original Sabbath records had such a power over me but this new track is more dead than god.
AngelofDeth - 19.04.2013 at 22:30
Written by moe5512 on 19.04.2013 at 18:05

Thats not true at all. Sabbath was one of the first bands that got me into metal and I listened to them before I even knew metal was a genre. While I dont really listen to them anymore, the first half of Paranoid still holds up today and is a deserved classic. No can deny Iron man and War Pigs, even my friends that arent into metal can still appreciate those songs.
Methuselah - 19.04.2013 at 23:02
I like it personally. I hope the rest of the album is better, but this is still a good track. I think a lot of the reason for the hate on the track is that it's 30+ years of pent up anticipation for the new record. Not to mention Ozzy's drug relapse as was reported before this song. The song lyrically to me sounds of a depressed drug user trying to make amends.
Diverge - 19.04.2013 at 23:13
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.04.2013 at 15:27

Written by Diverge on 19.04.2013 at 15:12

I am not, by any means, defending the song. I don't think it's particularly amazing or interesting, to be honest. I just think that they managed to exceed (even if slightly) my low expectations of them, and produced a song that frankly isn't the worst thing I've ever heard. It's not as tired as I thought it would sound, and Iommi's guitar work does evoke a little bit of nostalgia. Realistically, that's about all the success they could possibly achieve at this point in their musical careers.
Ace Frawley - 20.04.2013 at 00:27
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.04.2013 at 16:29

Written by Lit. on 19.04.2013 at 15:55

Is it me or is !J.O.O.E.! becoming the next Marcel?

If calling a spade a spade constitutes becoming the next Marcel, then yep

Pretty childish to assume that if anyone else doesn't agree with your opinion on a song then they must be on drugs. You need to grow up and accept that people can legitimately have different views from your own. Next Marcel is probably a fairly good call i.e. ridicules and complains about most things. There's my rant, I feel a bit better now.
!J.O.O.E.! - 20.04.2013 at 00:33
Written by Ace Frawley on 20.04.2013 at 00:27

You should feel pretty silly if you genuinely think that I consider anyone who likes this song to be on drugs. If you do then I suggest you watch less television because clearly the walls between fiction and reality and crumbling around you

My opinion is that this song is absolute shite, and it's also my opinion that anyone who thinks this is a good song has poor judgement skills /are blinded by fanboyism. That is not the same as "accept(ing) that people can legitimately have different views from your own," I can perfectly understand and acknowledge that people have different opinions than me. It just so happens that it's my opinion that those opinions are terrible.

Glad we cleared that up!
Ace Frawley - 20.04.2013 at 00:39
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 20.04.2013 at 00:33

Written by Ace Frawley on 20.04.2013 at 00:27

Glad we cleared that up!

Yep, thanks for that. Just confirmed to me how arrogant you seem to be about music and taste.
!J.O.O.E.! - 20.04.2013 at 00:53
Written by Ace Frawley on 20.04.2013 at 00:39

I just consider myself someone who knows exactly what I like and don't like.
Ace Frawley - 20.04.2013 at 01:13
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 20.04.2013 at 00:53

I just consider myself someone who knows exactly what I like and don't like.

Fair enough and in a way, that can be a good thing. I suppose I'm the same in many respects. I think I better go and listen to that new Sabbath song now - I haven't even heard it yet.
!J.O.O.E.! - 20.04.2013 at 01:17
Written by Ace Frawley on 20.04.2013 at 01:13

You should. It's really something.
Ace Frawley - 20.04.2013 at 01:25
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 20.04.2013 at 01:17

You should. It's really something.

haha, I just did and you're right, it's something alright! Let's just say I'm not a huge fan of this one but of course I have complete and total respect for all those who love this song. Geez, it drags on a bit doesn't it? Maybe could have been a few minutes shorter.
DeathMetal - 20.04.2013 at 01:41
God damn I love crack.

I mean this song... and crack.
WorpeX - 20.04.2013 at 02:01
It's not as bad as I was expecting after reading the comments. What does bother me is that Ozzy doesn't even sound like himself... his voice is so CLEAN on this song. It just sounds wrong. No one listens to Ozzy cause hes a good vocalist, we listen to him because he has a unique voice. This just doesn't sound like Ozzy.
Fade To Black - 20.04.2013 at 02:02
I wonder if this track would sound any better on equipment similar to what they recorded with in the early seventies? I feel a lot of what be people find enjoyable in those first 4 album has a lot to do with the production. The tone Iommis guitar had and the way Ozzy's voice sounded probably were greatly effected by the perceived limitations of the time. Not to mention the sound their going for would be greatly improved by that older production.

Maybe they should call Ghost BC for some pointers on production
theembryo - 20.04.2013 at 06:05
I'll admit I didn't hate the tune, in fact it had my interest enough to order the damned 2CD bit. Got to experience Sabbath live in '75, '77, '81, and '99, so I'll need to give this new release a chance!
bloodface - 20.04.2013 at 06:07
Quote:

well said......definitely arrogant......i would also say pathetic and annoying as well......and i have the same feelings about the song.
Moose - 20.04.2013 at 09:55
Hmm, not bad. Will be checking out the album.
Metalodious - 20.04.2013 at 10:57
If they were going for a retro sound they sure succeeded! As experienced as these guys are, they manage to sound like a group of teenagers just learning how to play their instruments and write songs.
enumaelis - 20.04.2013 at 11:19
That cover of the single is... strange XD http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A2PFVJrdCow/UUeN5W1UneI/AAAAAAAAAfA/6ln85ZU04AA/s1600/jimcarrey.jpg
Jeeers - 20.04.2013 at 11:26
This song is nothing special really and drags a bit, but still it's better than I expected from them. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised - it' sounds like Black Sabbath - you can't deny that. Old, a bit tired, but still making solid music.
MetalWizard - 20.04.2013 at 21:29
I think is fair to say that almost nobody expects Black Sabbath to release a classic album like they did in the past. The same goes to Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica and almost any other band that has been long enough. That does not mean that it can´t happen and somehow a certain band proves us wrong.
It is undeniable that Black Sabbath is a mega classic band and one of the pioneers of this music that we love, and almost incomprehensible for someone that is not old enough to understand the impact their music has had in forging Heavy Metal.

That being said I found the song enjoyable, specially the guitar riffs of Maestro Tony Iommi, that reminds me of their first albums. We will have to wait to hear the whole album to have a fair opinion on this new work.

Who in their right mind wouldn´t want to see one of the forgers of Heavy Metal LIVE forty three years latter?? It is going to be a privilege that I believe is not going to last for long, and no Metal Head should missed it!!
Azarath - 20.04.2013 at 21:44
Meh.
Timelord - 21.04.2013 at 02:38
Only thing I get from this is the feeling of one last stab at $$$. Otherwise this would never get released if the "Original" Sabs name wasn't attached. They couldn't have picked a more stale uninspired song than this drudge. I would have thought they of all people would pick a really heavy more up tempo track to release as a teaser than this. Not only is the song bad in just about every way, it is also taking up space of another possible song being over 8 mins long! The fact maybe with Tony although trying his best he is just not healthy enough to be spot on. They did more damage releasing this song than good. Now I more than likely won't buy the album and will never waste another 8 mins on that garbage again. Gonna just pop in Master of Reality and kick back. DREADFUL
seafood - 21.04.2013 at 03:02
It's the kind of a song that I would enjoy if it was played in a pub that I walk in, but probably never play it on my own. And really, that's probably the best that could have come out of it, considering that the days of Sabbath are long gone.
The Shape 1973 - 21.04.2013 at 11:11
Its not bad, but it does plod a bit and I wouldn't put it on repeat on my iPod. I suppose the only way to get Ozzy to sound OK is to massively over-produce the vocals. Tony's guitar tone saves it, but no memorable riff.
drf1223 - 21.04.2013 at 11:31
All in all it drags a bit, and the guitar solo is way too short for a 9 min song. Iommi delivers on the catchy-nostalgic riffs, and Butler's performance is admirable as well. For a Doom Metal song, drums are pretty meh. I hope they actually cared about the drumming on this album. Ozzy is decent... we've seen him do a lot better, and we've seen him do a lot worse.

It's a song I'll listen to if I throw it on a doom playlist, if I'm spinning the full album or some longer Sabbath songs, but I can't shake the fact they could've delivered something better. I hope this won't go overly-popular so I get to hear "it's one of the best songs ever" from casual metal listeners.
sinister - 21.04.2013 at 18:49
I have seen this so many times where a band will release a teaser song from their new album and people will comment on how bad the new album will be. I have never heard a bad Black Sabbath album ever. And I have listened to them all over the years, with every new line up change. I would have rather heard a faster song from this album as the "teaser" song, but I won't base a projected opinion on the whole album by listening to one song.

I would also much rather listen to Ozzy sing in a new Black Sabbath album than hear another weak solo album like the last two. In fact I probably wouldn't listen to it. Ozzy is exactly where he needs to be for all these band members to shine.

I am hoping for a graet album.
Marcel Hubregtse - 21.04.2013 at 19:14
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.04.2013 at 16:29

Written by Lit. on 19.04.2013 at 15:55

Is it me or is !J.O.O.E.! becoming the next Marcel?

If calling a spade a spade constitutes becoming the next Marcel, then yep

nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, but somehow most of today's generation consider that being negative. Many people just can't handle the truth it seems.

And this new song is a total turd, no denying that.
!J.O.O.E.! - 21.04.2013 at 19:17
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.04.2013 at 19:14

And this new song is a total turd, no denying that.

Indeed. If people were more critical then there would probably be more high quality music out there. Why people get personally offended by opinions about albums they like is a mystery to me.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 22.04.2013 at 03:34
I was right about what to expect about production. Fuck off Rick Rubin.

Shockingly dull sound, infact Ozzys voice is the best sounding part of this conglomeration, he's alright. I know its just only the one song but is it fair to accuse the album's lack of creativity in their sound production??

I just listened to the new Uncle Acid stuff after and what a contrast it was for me... Not the riffs exactly, but even Tony's guitar tone is just....gone. Not even a speck of fuzz, its just soooo disgustingly clean

Pages: [1] 2

News Black Sabbath - New Single Streaming Online 10.5 27.02.2007 by Katatronik
News Rush - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 19.04.2012 by strade
News Eyehategod - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 09.09.2012 by Monolithic
News Lordi - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 09.02.2013 by WorpeX
News Black Sun Aeon - New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 05.04.2010 by Troy Killjoy