Megadeth are currently streaming online and officially their brand new single "Super Collider" which is also the title track of their upcoming album due out in June. You can enjoy or hate the new song on the YouTube video located below. The song was premiered on Full Metal Jackie's radio metal show and was released digitally on April 23rd.

You can download "Super Collider" on iTunes at this location while you wait for Super Collider to be released on June 4th through Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft. Disturbed vocalist David Draiman will guest on the album. Get more album details here and also here.

Death Division have recently been confirmed as the openers for Gigantour 2013 which will also include Device.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 25.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: [1] 2

IchZerstörteSie - 25.04.2013 at 12:39
It sounds terrible... You let me down Dave Mustaine
R'Vannith - 25.04.2013 at 12:46
The only thing "Super Colliding" about this track is Dave's boot to the collective crutch of the fans.
Cill O' Connor - 25.04.2013 at 13:24
I was hoping for something much heavier and thrashy. Pretty sure I remember him saying it was going to sound more like their earlier albums, which is a TAD misleading if this track is anything to go by. Look forward to hearing the rest of the album.
Carl Berg - 25.04.2013 at 13:53
Written by R'Vannith on 25.04.2013 at 12:46

Win.

Although I don't think it's a bad song. Actually, it sounds quite fresh, relaxed and open. It might not be as fast as So Far So Good So What, but at least it doesn't sound fake. It's a good song.
JPR - 25.04.2013 at 15:06
I thougt Megadeth waa a trash band. So, this song really sucks in all the sense of the word.
Sangre Sani - 25.04.2013 at 15:09
I like it.
Windir - 25.04.2013 at 15:49
The best megadeth song ever!!!! The riffs, angry Dave on the mic, that endless solo, I'm speechless!

Samuel Albert R. Casm
Moose - 25.04.2013 at 15:53
What even was that?
I wouldn't call it metal. Rock at best... even has a kind of 'country' sound about it.

Won't be checking out the album.
Kuroboshi - 25.04.2013 at 16:02
I'll probably give it a spin, just to be able to rate it horribly.
Truemetaljope - 25.04.2013 at 16:22
Songs like this made me quit listening to newer Megadeth (excluding Endgame) in the first place.
Stigmatized - 25.04.2013 at 16:25
Thrashette - 25.04.2013 at 18:45
Ewww, radio rock....
qlacs - 25.04.2013 at 19:24
Mr Mustaine! Where is the thrash soul? The aggression? The speed? Where the F is the Megadeth I love so much?... :/
AberrantBeing - 25.04.2013 at 19:28
This sounds like a worse version of AC/DC..

4 minutes and 12 seconds of silence would have been drastically better.
bitethepain - 25.04.2013 at 19:43
Yuck!
Illog1cal - 25.04.2013 at 19:44
Written by Windir on 25.04.2013 at 15:49

Samuel Albert R. Casm

What riffs? There is just power chords and a lame solo.
John Sandman - 25.04.2013 at 20:00
Cryptic Writings part 2?
Not awful but it's not something that makes me want to listen to the rest of the album.
TrialByFire - 25.04.2013 at 20:13
This is painful. Dave is tarnishing Megadeth's reputation. Just give up now, and Megadeth might be remembered as the excellent band they once were.
Icedburden - 25.04.2013 at 20:14
Written by Guest on 25.04.2013 at 19:44

Written by Windir on 25.04.2013 at 15:49

Samuel Albert R. Casm

What riffs? There is just power chords and a lame solo.

Sarcasm, man.
exomorphyx89 - 25.04.2013 at 20:28
There is a big mistake here... the real name of this song is: "Super Cocksucker"
Machiavelli - 25.04.2013 at 20:39
Angelic Storm - 25.04.2013 at 20:46
Well, I had high expectations for both United Abominations and Endgame due to the songs released before those albums came out being very good (Examples: "Sleepwalker" and "Headcrusher"), but both albums turned out to be disappointing. At least with this song being so poor, the album couldn't possibly disappoint me, so hopefully there are much better songs on the album itself.

The song is definitely as commercial as anything from "Risk", an album Dave has all but disowned, and tried to blame Marty for it's content. The irony of that is certainly not lost on me, and funnily enough, this song is worse than most of the songs on that album...
RottingDeathHead - 25.04.2013 at 20:54
Eh the song is just okay at best, and the so called album art shouldn't even be artwork for a metal band. Looks more like something a pop singer would use
AngelofDeth - 25.04.2013 at 21:28
Its okay. tbh this song has interested me more than anything on the last few albums, Im tired of the same ole' thrash Megadeth has been putting out and I think a change to something different(albeit softer) is not a bad change.
Darkside Momo - 25.04.2013 at 22:48
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.04.2013 at 20:46

yep, and if this song is anything to go by, Risk's bad songs will sound great compared to thisnew album
adace1 - 25.04.2013 at 22:51
Blech. This song does not make me excited for the new album. Not at all.
Goatington - 25.04.2013 at 23:11
Yeah, I know what album I'm not gonna be getting.
Cynic Metalhead - 25.04.2013 at 23:13
Written by Thrashette on 25.04.2013 at 18:45

Ewww, radio rock....

Ay, this is just awful. terribly boring.

One of the comments from youtube.

Quote:
MegaThrash24 1 hour ago
Im one of the most loyal megadeth fans but ill admit when this came out i was disappointed... but i have a feeling the rest of the album will be much better.

opt(out)-in-mystic.
dougver1 - 25.04.2013 at 23:15
I must've not been looking closely enough at the album cover, because clearly there must be a fine print subtitle somewhere on there saying 'Risk: Part 2'.
Bad English - 25.04.2013 at 23:25
This is so boring....I did not listen it full length
JohnDoe - 26.04.2013 at 00:03
Written by dougver1 on 25.04.2013 at 23:15

actually this song is even worse than most songs on Risk
renai - 26.04.2013 at 00:45
Oh yeah ... oh yeah.. JUST LIKE THE SUPER Collider !
Lord_Regnier - 26.04.2013 at 01:09
Nothing Metal about this utterly lame piece of pop crap.
And some parts sound like an extremely bad "Highway To Hell" rip-off.
BerryTap - 26.04.2013 at 01:44
Written by Guest on 25.04.2013 at 19:44

Written by Windir on 25.04.2013 at 15:49

Samuel Albert R. Casm

What riffs? There is just power chords and a lame solo.

Don't you know what S.A.R.Casm means?

The song is good, if you didn't know megadeth yet.

But the most of us do, and this is not thrash-metal in any way.

I will listen to the album though, maybe the rest is better.
And where the hell is Vic? I want good old Vic Rattlehead!!!
LeChron James - 26.04.2013 at 05:06
Megadeth as a band and entity can be described using the following opening verse from "Return to Hangar"

"Welcome to an empty fortress, a mighty wreck that once stood proud. Ate alive by oxidation, abandoned by a crew of cowards"
pisymbol - 26.04.2013 at 05:15
BEST...

MEGADETH...

SONG...

EVER!

(groans)
Metalodious - 26.04.2013 at 08:57
Literally could not bring myself to listen to the whole thing. Fuck you Dave, I used to love you man
dougver1 - 26.04.2013 at 10:01
Written by JohnDoe on 26.04.2013 at 00:03

Written by dougver1 on 25.04.2013 at 23:15

actually this song is even worse than most songs on Risk

Hence Risk Part 2. Perhaps the full should be 'Risk Part 2: How low can we go?'
Angelic Storm - 26.04.2013 at 10:08
Written by Darkside Momo on 25.04.2013 at 22:48

Well, the thing is, most of the songs on "Risk" were co-written with Marty Friedman and Bud Prager. Most of those songs worked as commercial rock songs because those involved with the writing knew how to write songs like that. And so, whether or not you like "Risk" is more or less down to whether or not you can enjoy mainstream rock, rather than the songs themselves being poor. This song lacks the hooks necessary to work even on a commercial rock level, and that's why it's a poor song. I'm undecided right now over whether or not this is indeed the worst song Megadeth have ever written, but it's in the top 5 for sure!
Cynic Metalhead - 26.04.2013 at 22:46
I don't understand why they didn't just sat for a minute and thought "Man, we gotta awful reviews on Endgame and 13, but this time we should pull ourselves together and make this record sounds so awesome". From which relative senses, they ever thought that this upcoming record will be appreciated within Metal fans. i mean, for the sake of tadpoles how do they ever thought to come out with such a bland song or ought to be a new record?!

Are they out of their fucking mind?!
Lord_Regnier - 27.04.2013 at 00:13
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.04.2013 at 22:46

Are they out of their fucking mind?!

I think the answer is probably simple: like so many old bands (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and tons of others), Megadeth are totally out of inspiration and ideas. Those old bands who have done their time almost never bring anything worthwhile to the Metal scene.
blacktooth85 - 27.04.2013 at 01:13
Why are you people so surprised for? Dave hasn't put out a full on thrash album in 23 years. Why would you think he would get back to the fast aggressive stuff now? Endgame was the closest thing to thrash they've done since Rust in Peace... I don't mind the song, yeah it's not the type of song that got me into Megadeth. But I've come to terms that their best days are behind them.
Cynic Metalhead - 27.04.2013 at 06:06
Written by Lord_Regnier on 27.04.2013 at 00:13

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.04.2013 at 22:46

Are they out of their fucking mind?!

They are loads of old bands who are still firing on cylinders and coming up with a great records. You know, it's just a matter of "now, we done with our BEST, why we just don't concentrate only on MONEY as we're fucking getting old and probably money is now what all matters the most" stupid mindset. It's pretty strange to even think for a second that how they manage to get their balls sweat and come out with an awful artwork, song titles, production and merchandising. They don't fear that people have a "right to" slap on their monkey faces while they're on streets. totally dreadful.
infernaldeath87 - 27.04.2013 at 16:39
I have already given up hope for a new thrash sounding Megadeth album...
darkanger4 - 27.04.2013 at 20:21
Sounds weaker then Th1rt3en I hope the rest is better then this ...
metalbrat - 28.04.2013 at 09:28
Dave You are letting us down again and again....... Even MJ would have done this song...... Oh God.... where is my old Megadeth????
crucifiedjesus - 29.04.2013 at 20:11
As soon as i heard the album title i thought to myself "this is gonna suck" then i saw the album art and i was like "this is really gonna suck" then i hear the track and i was like "yep this sucks"
SilentScream - 30.04.2013 at 09:56
That doesn't sound good at all...
SilentScream - 30.04.2013 at 09:58
Written by John Sandman on 25.04.2013 at 20:00

Cryptic Writings part 2?

Yeah but Cryptic Writings was good in comparison.

This is just uninspired.
John Sandman - 02.05.2013 at 03:29
Written by SilentScream on 30.04.2013 at 09:58

Written by John Sandman on 25.04.2013 at 20:00

Cryptic Writings part 2?

Yeah but Cryptic Writings was good in comparison.

This is just uninspired.

Agreed.

I'd rather listen to it than the rest of the album if it is just like this song.

Pages: [1] 2

News Megadeth - Announce New Album Title, Label And UK Tour 9 12.02.2013 by Alex Fenger
News Megadeth - Entire New Album Streaming 9 10.09.2009 by Valentin B
News Kalmah - Streaming New Track, Reveal New Album Title And Release 8.5 03.04.2013 by metal2000
News Children Of Bodom - New Album Title Track Available For Streaming 8.5 15.05.2013 by psykometal
News Skeletonwitch - New Album Title Track Streaming 8.5 12.10.2013 by BloodJuNkie