Temple Of The Black Moon, the project featuring Dani Filth (Cradle Of Filth), Tom Visnes King ov Hell (God Seed, Ov Hell), Rob Caggiano (Volbeat), Arve "Ice Dale" Isdal (Enslaved) and John Tempesta (ex-White Zombie, The Cult), have updated on their debut album which should come out this year and released a new demo song for streaming. You can listen to the song "Infernal Desire Machine" here.

Dani Filth's update: "It has been a while since last I have written anything concerning Temple, but justifiably so, as the five of us (Rob, Tom, John, Ice and myself) have all been busy with our respective other bands, doing what we do best. But the time has eventually arrived when I am able to offer some insight into our future plans, as our sharp-toothed metal cogs are finally turning anti-cockwise towards the gathering light.

First off, the album is written and following Cradle Of Filth's tour of Australia in May, I will be returning to the frost bitten wastes of Bergen, Norway, to hook up with Tom and Ice to put the finishing touches to the tracks. This is in preparation for Tom's visit to LA at the end of May/beginning of June, to lay drum tracks down with John in preparation for the onslaught-to-come.

In the meantime our manager (Vaughn Lewis, of Strong Management) is busy sourcing record labels amid all the other wonderful things a manager does. So there. It seems that exciting times are ahead and that this year should bear irrevocable final witness to Temple Of The Black Moon's debut album, with the track list thus far standing as the following (though in no discernible order)...

• Infernal Desire Machine
  • Dark Eyes For Trouble
  • C.N.T (All That's Missing Is You)
  • Catch
  • Into The Void (Not Black Sabbath)
  • Another Dead Thing Between Us
  • Persephone
  • Nothing Less Than All Out War
  • Beautifully Perverse
  • Last Of The Vampire Playboys
  • Alchemy, Myself And I
  • Don't Call Up What You Can't Put Down

And possibly two extra tracks in devil elopement...

• Batterfang
  • Needs Must When The Devil Drives

In the meantime here is the track 'Infernal Desire Machine' to whet your salacious appetites. This, of course, is merely a demo recording. Trust me this will sound huge when its recorded for the forthcoming album. Anyhoo, wacky baccy acolytes of the Black Moon, thanks for tuning in, next time I put blood to paper I will have further news on a whole lot more, having hopefully returned from South America, Asia and Australia alive and albeit, smelling of roses. Brest, Dani Filth."

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
    Posted: 08.05.2013 by Bad English

Comments

psykometal - 08.05.2013 at 21:17
    I like the music but, as I figured, Dani is not trying to do anything different from his typical CoF vocals that do not fit the music very well. Too bad that Dani didn't try to muster up some other vocal style/technique for this to completely separate this from CoF.

Also would have been nice if he stepped away from the extremely cheesy/campy lyrical style of CoF...
    ANGEL REAPER - 08.05.2013 at 21:48
    Music is good but i think Dani is killing it with his vocals...
    AngelofDeth - 09.05.2013 at 00:15
    I agree the vocals arent perfect. some death metal style vox would suit it better but still its pretty good stuff, nice and raw.

Chorus is a bit reminiscent of Dissections Reinkaos album.
    Bad English - 09.05.2013 at 02:38
    Written by psykometal on 08.05.2013 at 21:17

maybe he cant do it?

I like this music is lil diferent then CoB ....or I am idiot since I rarly listen new CoB, only old one in early days
    Bad English - 09.05.2013 at 02:38
    Written by psykometal on 08.05.2013 at 21:17

maybe he cant do it?

psykometal - 09.05.2013 at 04:13
    Written by AngelofDeth on 09.05.2013 at 00:15

nice and raw.

Well it is only a demo, I imagine the finished production will be sharper/cleaner and I imagine Dani's vocals will likely (and most unfortunately) be higher in the final mix as well I'd assume.

@BE You're probably right that he can't do anything else but it still would have been nice (and more respectable) if he had at least tried.
    oshgar - 09.05.2013 at 04:47
    This is like the black metal version of Temple of the Dog.
    Grunge: Dog
    Black Metal: Black Moon
    AngelofDeth - 09.05.2013 at 07:20
    Written by psykometal on 09.05.2013 at 04:13

Written by AngelofDeth on 09.05.2013 at 00:15

nice and raw.

I read that it was a demo and the mix is pretty awful tbh, lead guitar is way to low. I meant in comparison to CoF it is much more raw in that it doesnt have the keyboards and the many layers.
    psykometal - 09.05.2013 at 07:34
    Written by AngelofDeth on 09.05.2013 at 07:20

Ah, I see. Fair enough. Yea, I definitely like the style they chose for the music. They really should kick out Dani and find someone more suited for the music though.
    Windrider - 09.05.2013 at 13:29
    They really take it serious, the song titles sound rather like a fun project... The song ain't too bad too, I agree that Dani's vocals are not that much fitting on that kind of music but I think this will grow on me, sounds quite good indeed.
    DoomDriver - 10.05.2013 at 01:33
    Funny how the vocals from Dani fit perfectly on this kind of metal (heavy metal)?!... He really is moving away increasingly from the old black metal vocals!
    DoomDriver - 10.05.2013 at 01:34
    Oh but i enjoyed alot the song!! is awesome actually!

News Temple Of The Black Moon - New Band Feat. Cradle Of Filth, Gorgoroth, Anthrax Members 13.5 24.05.2011 by Windrider
    News Cradle Of Filth - New Song Posted Online 10.5 25.09.2006 by Baz Anderson