Recently, Týr revealed that they had parted ways with former drummer Kári Streymoy and promised a surprise studio fill in drummer. They have kept their promise and while they are recording their new album with producer Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Aborted, Mercenary) at his studios in Denmark, the folk metallers have enlisted the services of George Kollias to track the drum parts, primarily known for his work in Nile, as well as Nightfall. A video featuring drum tracking highlights, as well as a short message from Kollias can be seen below.

George Kollias comments on the experience: "Hey Týr fans, this is George Kollias and I hope you are ALL ready for a crushing new album from Týr! I had the pleasure to record the drums on the new album, we had an absolutely great time in the studio and I gotta tell you, the material is super strong and catchy, I'm 100% sure you will all love this new album! Big thanks to Heri, Terji and Gunnar for the opportunity and to Jacob Hansen for his incredible work with the recordings!"

Týr commented: "It was a pleasure to have George in studio. He's an amazing drummer and he certainly made an impact on this album. We're very excited to release this album."

One of the new tracks, "The Lay Of Our Love", will feature a duet with Týr vocalist Heri Joensen and Liv Kristine from Leaves' Eyes. More details will be unveiled in the forthcoming months as music and art are completed.

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Týr

Posted: 16.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Bad English - 16.05.2013 at 13:51
If you look at time 1:09 window is like mirror reflection, guy is drinking beer from bottle
Rulatore - 16.05.2013 at 14:18
Can I haz death metal in the next album ?
HitokiriNate85 - 16.05.2013 at 16:21
Haha, that's so awesome! I'm sad to see Kari leave, but George as a studio drummer must have really alleviated any worry about how drums would sound on the new album. I hope they step away a bit from the last two albums. Now, if they could just get Karl and Dallas in there to write a couple riffs...
J. N. - 16.05.2013 at 18:29
Yay, overtriggered and repetitive drums!
psykometal - 16.05.2013 at 18:37
I've always wanted to see George do some other stuff than just death metal, to show how versatile he can be. Glad to see he's finally doing it.
Steadydrummer619 - 16.05.2013 at 21:29
I am SO GLAD they didnt change their sound because of him. Talk about a Versatile Drummer!
dougver1 - 17.05.2013 at 09:45
George Kollias doing drums for Tyr... I guess he wanted to try something different! Exciting nonetheless!

News Týr - New Album Title And Artwork Revealed, New Song Online 7.5 22.07.2013 by Deinonychus
News Týr - New Album On The Way 7.5 15.10.2007 by BurbotsRevenge
News Týr - New Album Title Named 7.5 25.01.2009 by mantiviking
News Týr - Liv Kristine To Guest On New Album, Part Ways With Drummer 7.5 12.05.2013 by WorpeX
News Týr - To Record New Album In May 7.5 26.03.2013 by HitokiriNate85