As previously reported, Satyricon have been recording their new opus and successor to The Age Of Nero released back in 2008. Recently, the group's mastermind Sigurd "Satyr" Wongraven has revealed that the recording process is nearing completion.

Latest album update: "The recording is coming to an end. Next week will be the last before the mix. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel after almost four months of recording! Right now I am just looking forward to share this with you and see what you think. It will be a while though, but it will be worth it. I am sure."

Satyricon will also perform with the Norwegian National Opera Chorus on September 8th at Den Norske Opera & Ballett in Oslo, Norway as part of the Ultima Oslo Contemporary Music Festival.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Satyricon

Posted: 20.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Daniell - 20.05.2013 at 16:45
Now, Diabolical was quite weak, the Age of Nero was much better. But still it lacked some kind of energy, it sounded lazy and uninspired at times.
I hope the band found some inspiration this time...
Slyfang - 20.05.2013 at 18:36
Now, Diabolical was a very cool and rather unique album. The Age of Nero was like an uninspired rehash of Volcano
Vermoorden - 20.05.2013 at 22:43
Written by Slyfang on 20.05.2013 at 18:36

I agree. I thought Now, Diabolical was awful at first... But it grew on me and has since become my second favorite satyricon album.
psykometal - 21.05.2013 at 04:27
Nemesis Divina is still my fave.
Metal|Bleed - 23.05.2013 at 05:42
They were the first to harness the concept of medieval themes, lyrically and musically, in Black Metal.
Necrolexicon - 02.06.2013 at 17:04
All of their albums have been awesome, Now Diabolical is definitely their weakest, mainly due to a lack of variation. I can't wait for more info about this.

News Satyricon - Begin Work On New Album 7.5 12.10.2010 by athena
News Satyricon - Working On New Album 7.5 26.02.2007 by Slyfang
News Satyricon - Update From The Band, Recording New Album 7.5 05.04.2013 by ManiacBlasphemer
News Steel Panther - Finishing New Album Recordings 7 30.06.2013 by Ace Frawley
News Obscura - Putting Finishing Touches On New Album Recordings 7 27.06.2008 by sq_xeper

Hits total: 2072 | This month: 1