Summoning have recently released a band update divulging the releases it has planned for the upcoming months and next year. Apart from the release of their new album Old Mornings Dawn, the EP Nightshade Forests and the album Oath Bound will be released on vinyl this year. In 2014, Lost Tales will also be released on vinyl as well as six unreleased songs from the Old Mornings Dawn sessions. Summoning are also planning to "fall asleep again" at the end of next year implying that they will return to a state of inactivity.

The band explained their plans: "In the following, we want to give you a short outlook of all planned releases concerning Summoning during this and the next year.

As the Summoning boxset, limited to 1000 copies, was sold out pretty fast and won't be repressed, Napalm Records is planning an ultimate earbook edition with different cover artwork, a 24 pages booklet, the CD with the bonus tracks, and a special 7 inch vinyl with acoustic versions of the songs 'Old Mornings Dawn' and 'Caradhras'.

In the end of this year Nightshade Forests and Oath Bound will be released on vinyl. Next year the Lost Tales EP will be released on vinyl. This edition will be a 10 inch including the two remixes of the before mentioned earbook.

There are also about six unfinished and therefore unreleased songs from the Old Mornings Dawn session, which we will work on as soon as possible and hopefully are able to release them only on vinyl (maybe including a download code) in the middle of 2014.

In the end of next year, when everything is said and done, and all works are finished and released, the forgesse will get cold again, and we will rest at last. Then Summoning will fall asleep again for a longer time, until a new dawn is rising..."

Source: summoning.info
Band profile: Summoning

Posted: 27.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

garmling - 27.05.2013 at 13:48
Old Mornings Dawn + The Darkening of Valinor and With Fire and Sword + 6 new songs + acoustic versions of Old Mornings Dawn and Cardhras = 2 new albums of Summoning in a span of one year approximately! Couldn't ask for more after 7 years of silence \m/
Ellrohir - 27.05.2013 at 14:39
Yea...but i still hoped they would break the rules and announce live gigs
Monolithic - 27.05.2013 at 14:54
Awesome news.
Dinruth - 27.05.2013 at 15:28
Written by Ellrohir on 27.05.2013 at 14:39

Yea...but i still hoped they would break the rules and announce live gigs

I would crap in my pants instantly if that news was ever released
Vombatus - 27.05.2013 at 17:20
Definitely gonna get all this, but this part:

Quote:
Then Summoning will fall asleep again for a longer time

Is very troubling.... if they mean it will be another 7 years hiatus...
PocketMetal - 27.05.2013 at 17:28
I hope there's a lot of great Caladan Brood releases between 2014 and 2025 :|
Erik M. - 27.05.2013 at 20:53
6 unreleased songs only on Vinyl? Fuck these guys. I want them too...
Frankthetank727 - 27.05.2013 at 21:44
Sweet, next Summoning album in 2057!
LeChron James - 28.05.2013 at 00:55
Written by Erik M. on 27.05.2013 at 20:53

6 unreleased songs only on Vinyl? Fuck these guys. I want them too...

Relax, there will almost inevitably be someone that takes the vinyl songs and converts them to mp3 form for downloading.
Dinruth - 28.05.2013 at 11:27
Written by LeChron James on 28.05.2013 at 00:55

Written by Erik M. on 27.05.2013 at 20:53

6 unreleased songs only on Vinyl? Fuck these guys. I want them too...

plus they said that there's probably going to be a download code .. so you might as well buy that beautiful vinyl and if you don't have an LP player you can download thze mp3s
HitokiriNate85 - 28.05.2013 at 17:29
I definitely hoped for a tour when I read this. Live Summoning would be one for the ages. Still, this is awesome news. They essentially have another album, and even if they didn't want the songs on the new album I'm sure they must be satisfied with them if they're going to be released.

Can't wait to hear Old Mornings Dawn. I know it leaked some time ago but I decided to wait until I get it.
Dinruth - 28.05.2013 at 20:35
Written by HitokiriNate85 on 28.05.2013 at 17:29

dude I opened my copy today (aparrently they ship the preorders before the actual release date) and it is fantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastic
Erik M. - 28.05.2013 at 21:01
Written by LeChron James on 28.05.2013 at 00:55

Written by Erik M. on 27.05.2013 at 20:53

6 unreleased songs only on Vinyl? Fuck these guys. I want them too...

Your point being...? No offence, but I obviously want the real deal, not some downloaded tracks on my computer.

But you're somewhat right, because I can still listen to them that way... just a disappointment it's not going to be out on CD.
LeChron James - 29.05.2013 at 00:35
Written by Erik M. on 28.05.2013 at 21:01

Well to them, the real deal is vinyl. And if you were gonna buy it on a CD, the tracks would just end up being downloaded tracks anyway, wouldn't they?
LeChron James - 29.05.2013 at 00:36
Written by Dinruth on 28.05.2013 at 11:27

Exactly. See, you get it.
Erik M. - 29.05.2013 at 22:01
Written by LeChron James on 29.05.2013 at 00:35

Who cares? A lot of people simply don't have a record player, which means a vinyl is totally worthless for those people (except if you can indeed download the tracks from it, but then I still wouldn't buy it). If I like a band a lot, like Summoning, I want to buy their stuff. Sure, the most important thing is the music, but if you don't collect music (whether it's cd's or vinyl or both) you wouldn't understand this.
Lord_Regnier - 30.05.2013 at 01:09
Written by Erik M. on 29.05.2013 at 22:01

I hate it so much when bands release stuff only on vinyl. Release it also on CD, for Christ's sake. We're in 2013, not 1983.
We don't even have turntables anymore to play vinyls. If there's something I find fucking ridiculous about Metal, it must be this trend for vinyls.
Erik M. - 30.05.2013 at 20:48
Written by Lord_Regnier on 30.05.2013 at 01:09

Exactly my thoughts! However, I don't care if it's ALSO released on vinyl, but at least release it on CD so most people can buy the stuff. Because let's be honest here, anyone, literally ANYONE, can play CD's, but most people nowadays cannot play vinyl. Talk about being unfair to fans.
Opethian - 31.05.2013 at 05:44
Lord_Regnier - 05.06.2013 at 00:49
Written by Erik M. on 30.05.2013 at 20:48

I don't mind at all if bands also release their stuff on vinyls. I'm aware that some people (mostly collectors) can be interested to buy music on vinyl. But fact is it's only a very small minority. For the average music listener, CD is much more convenient than vinyl. To tell the truth, I don't know anyone in real life who listens to music on vinyl. The few ones I know who buy vinyls download the album on the internet to listen to it.

News Blaze - Plans For A DVD And A Wedding 5.5 19.01.2007 by CyGuy6587
News Riot - Reveal Artwork And Tracklist For Upcoming Album 5.5 12.09.2011 by Skorcher
News Manowar - To Re-Record 'Kings Of Metal', Plans For 2014 5.5 29.07.2013 by Kingface
News Year Of No Light - Reveal New Album Details And New Song 5.5 24.09.2013 by Lit.
Albums Primordial - One And All, Together, For Home 4.5 12.03.2014 by Troy Killjoy