Want to listen to another song from Amon Amarth's upcoming album Deceiver Of The Gods? Sure thing. You can listen to the brand new song called "Shape Shifter" which has premiered exclusively over here. But that is not all. You can also watch the first part of the band's mini documentary Forging Mjölnir at this location provided you login with your Facebook account. Forging Mjölnir was filmed and directed by Luke Daley to celebrate the imminent release of their ninth studio album.

The new album drops in North America via Metal Blade Records on June 25th, in Europe on June 21st/24th and Japan on June 26th. The album's title track "Deceiver Of The Gods" is still available for streaming here if you feel like listening to it again.

[Also thanks to Bad English for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth

Posted: 29.05.2013 by HaaskAksaaH

Comments

Jaeryd17‍ - 29.05.2013 at 13:27
Very very unsurprising song. Nothing at all unexpected about this. Sounds just like everything else that comes out of Amon Amarth: decent quality, not too shabby, but far from mind blowing.
OpenMind - 29.05.2013 at 13:53
Typical Amon Amarth song
Zaphod - 29.05.2013 at 14:33
Same old, same old
Scuzzy McDouche - 29.05.2013 at 16:39
Is that such a bad thing? Amon Amarth is a great band with a great sound. I mean...a band changes their sound and everyone complains, a band stays the same and everyone complains. Hey, I have an idea...if you don't like it, go listen to some other shit.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.05.2013 at 16:46
Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 29.05.2013 at 16:39

But it's so incredibly generic and uncreative. If a band wants to put out the exact same shit year after year then people have the right to tell them it's shit and generic. If you don't like it, don't read the comments
Dinruth - 29.05.2013 at 17:13
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.05.2013 at 16:46

Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 29.05.2013 at 16:39

If you don't like it, don't read the comments

even though I disagree with the part about the song being bad, this part needs to be highlighted ...
FeskarN - 29.05.2013 at 18:08
Ok song I guess. But why do I have to have facebook to watch a video?! I hate then sites connect FB like that...
Rulatore - 29.05.2013 at 18:49
The need to hate it is so bad, that even when the song turn out to be good, it won't be.

I liked the production
Neroese - 29.05.2013 at 20:59
Peter Tagtren as Pain writes song 'Same Old Song'. Pretty actual title.
Opethian - 29.05.2013 at 21:07
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.05.2013 at 16:46

Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 29.05.2013 at 16:39

Your preaching to the Choir
Mongoose2557 - 29.05.2013 at 21:47
To each their own. I totally understand the crowd of people who can't get over the generic quality of the music. They haven't changed a whole lot since they found a formula that works for them. But I still enjoy the music quite a bit. I'm also excited for the new album.
BloodJuNkie - 30.05.2013 at 01:29
Can't wait for the album
mikeprado30 - 30.05.2013 at 05:44
Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 29.05.2013 at 16:39

That's my philosophy about music. And I enjoy music and don't give a damn if is the same again (Rhapsody, Amon Amarth, HammerFall) or is something different (Avantasia, Edguy, etc.), meanwhile I enjoy the songs is enough for myself.
AngelofDeth - 30.05.2013 at 08:24
I really like the verse riff, great chugs. The lead guitars are decent but damn when is their lead guitarist gonna get to the next lvl of playing? His uncomfortability with technical finger work really shows in this song.

All complaints aside, its a pretty sick song and I am definitely looking forward to the album, Amon Amarth is good fun even if their formula remains unchanged.
Cynic Metalhead - 31.05.2013 at 21:49
What OpenMind said.

It had some good moments but then fall out flat on "Hah, this has to be Amon Amarth" stuff. No innovative direction.

News Amon Amarth - New Song Online For Streaming 12 13.08.2006 by Magere Tijn
News Amon Amarth - New Song Online 10.5 31.01.2011 by Windrider
News Amon Amarth - Another New Song Online 10.5 11.03.2011 by
News Amon Amarth - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 10.5 13.04.2013 by Vombatus
News Amon Amarth - Entire New Album Streaming Online 10.5 26.03.2011 by corrupt