Megadeth's bassist David Ellefson will publish his autobiography My Life With Deth on October 29th through Howard Books. Ellefson penned the autobiography over the last year with the assistance of writer Joel McIver. The memoir chronicles Ellefson's own personal story covering everything from his initial descent into addiction early on in his career, his recovery, and his return to a Christian faith. He also talks about his studies to become a Lutheran pastor.

Ellefson spoke about his upcoming book: "My autobiography is not the usual tale of rock 'n' roll woe, but rather something I hope will truly inspire people. I have dedicated my life to my craft, and I wanted to share the story of how a kid with a bass guitar and the dream of rock stardom literally risked it all to move from the farm in Minnesota to Los Angeles, and with a lot of hard work, sacrifice and a little luck along the way, made the dream come true."

My Life With Deth features a foreword by Alice Cooper. It also includes contributions from Kerry King (Slayer), Scott Ian (Anthrax), Ellefson's current bandmate in Megadeth, Shawn Drover, as well as former colleagues Chris Poland and Marty Friedman.

Megadeth recently released their new album Super Collider.

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 16.06.2013 by Bad English

Comments

Doc Godin - 16.06.2013 at 15:44
Are bassists even allowed to speak?
Apothecary - 16.06.2013 at 16:49
Written by Doc Godin on 16.06.2013 at 15:44

Are bassists even allowed to speak?

I hope you're joking, because as a bassist myself I'll say that it's one of the most underrated roles in music. If you say that because bassists are typically ignored, let's remember for a second what a good bassist Dave E is. This isn't like Jason Newsted writing an autobiography. Also, one would at least expect this to be a lot better than Dave's, and full of a lot less whining and complaining. From what I've read about him, and heard him say in interviews, Dave E seems to be a lot more modest and level-headed than Mustaine.
Rikke - 16.06.2013 at 17:00
Written by Apothecary on 16.06.2013 at 16:49

Written by Doc Godin on 16.06.2013 at 15:44

Are bassists even allowed to speak?

I agree, btw I would like to read Newsted's autobiography
Ozman - 16.06.2013 at 17:22
Written by Apothecary on 16.06.2013 at 16:49

This isn't like Jason Newsted writing an autobiography.

Newsted is a hell of a bass player, case in point being Doomsday For The Deceiver and the bass lines he wrote for No Place For Disgrace. It's just that within Metallica he never got a chance to show off his skills. FFS the bass parts on the black album were written by frigging Rob Rock. Don't ask me why, but dickweazle did and reckoned himself to be a good bass player.
AngelofDeth - 16.06.2013 at 21:36
Interesting... I think I've read enough 80's rockstar autobio's though - Dirt, Slash, Herione Diaries, Mustaine, Walk this Way.. They all sort of blend together after a while, the christian stuff might be interesting though but then again Mustaine did that too.
Ace Frawley - 17.06.2013 at 13:27
Should be an interesting read - looking forward to it.
mikeprado30 - 18.06.2013 at 04:57
Speaking of biographies, there exists some by Steve Harris? (I know, maybe a little off-topic but still related )

News Megadeth - Withdraw From Motörboat Due To Medical Issue 6 10.09.2014 by cossaisVendeurs
News Nile - Previously Unreleased Material Due In October 4 06.08.2011 by JD