Here it is, the first new song off Turisas new album, Turisas2013. You can finally start judging the music now after all the doubts that arose when the band revealed the title and artwork of this new release. "For Your Own Good", the album's opening track, is now available for your listening pleasure or otherwise below.

Turisas2013 will be available in stores on August 26th in Europe and North America on September 3rd through Century Media Records. Find out more details about it previously reported here.

Mathias Nygård (vocals) said: "Turisas2013 is a very diverse album: it has some of the heaviest and fastest tracks that we've ever done, but 'For Your Own Good' comes more from the lighter end. It's a very catchy song and we hope you'll enjoy the track that we picked to give you a very first taste of the many flavours to come."

Turisas2013 tracklist:

01. For Your Own Good
02. Ten More Miles
03. Piece By Piece
04. Into The Free
05. Run Bhang-Eater, Run!
06. Greek Fire
07. The Days Passed
08. No Good Story Ever Starts With Drinking Tea
09. We Ride Together

Source: turisas.com
Band profile: Turisas

Posted: 26.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

TheCybershifter - 26.06.2013 at 17:54
Complete waste of 4 minutes and a half.
Pegi - 26.06.2013 at 18:18
Three words: WHAT THE HELL?
Zadion - 26.06.2013 at 18:27
I haven't bothered listening to Turisas much yet.... If this song is anything like their other work, I don't think I'll bother at all.
Borgir - 26.06.2013 at 18:45
First I was like thats strange and now I really dont know what to say...Well I am a bit confused. I hope this is theirs worst track on the new album. If the rest of the album is same, I wont buy theirs cd. I did buy the last on and loved it. I was hoping this to be something like "The March of the Varangian Guard", but its nothing near...
Dinruth - 26.06.2013 at 19:02
OMG what was that ... complete garbage
Opethian - 26.06.2013 at 20:02
Yeah this band went down the shitter faster then i can flush toilet paper, wtf ...
Opethian - 26.06.2013 at 20:02
Written by Zadion on 26.06.2013 at 18:27

Dude their first 2 albums were GOLD compared to this BS!
Doc Godin - 26.06.2013 at 20:04
Hahahahaha. This just isn't good. At all.
Dark†SymphonY - 26.06.2013 at 20:36
Pretty boring song, worst thing the band's done so far. And that track No Good Story Ever Starts With Drinking Tea made me laugh.
Justicelust - 26.06.2013 at 20:57
WTF was that? this is shit
AngelofDeth - 26.06.2013 at 22:29
The song is underwhelming but still decently enjoyable. The new sound is definitely not the direction I wish they would've taken but the song is still catchy and mostly aesthetic. I hope some of the other tracks have a little more balls to them though.

Written by Dark†SymphonY on 26.06.2013 at 20:36

No Good Story Ever Starts With Drinking Tea made me laugh.

hahaha yeah that's a great title, I just imagine high class british people from the Victorian era drinking tea with top hats when I read that.
DarthSitthiander - 26.06.2013 at 22:55
Really liked the song. Though I think their second album is killer, I wouldn't want every successor to sound like it anyways.
ImperialTroll - 26.06.2013 at 23:19
To all of you haters:Seriously guys, The album is titled Turisas2013....!!!TURISASTWOTHOUSANDTHIRTEEN!! and the artwork is like some underground teenage punk wannabes from the 80's...What the fuck did you expect?
OpenMind - 26.06.2013 at 23:44
What the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk
WarriorFenix - 27.06.2013 at 01:24
Aside from the fact the song sucks, my main problem is it doesnt sound at all like Turisas. It sounds like very bland/uninspired power metal track.
Thrashette - 27.06.2013 at 03:02
Booooring
Please tell me the rest of this will be better. They haven't made many songs that stand out in my mind, but this one stands out... in a bad way.
Loathera - 27.06.2013 at 07:49
Eh it's ok. Starts awkwardly and a bit off putting. As the track goes along it seems to straighten out. Weird song though.
Sword_Chant - 27.06.2013 at 08:49
Written by WarriorFenix on 27.06.2013 at 01:24

^ exactly what I was thinking

And it didn't exactly have to have loads of folky elements to be good, it's just stripped down, the most stripped down i've ever heard the band and not in a good way. Feels like i've heard this song a million times before. I think they need to take a step forward by taking a step backwards, Battle Metal and Varangian Way were both fantastic albums. I hope this will be the worst track but bearing in mind it's the first song that doesn't seem too promising!
Rodney - 27.06.2013 at 13:44
Looks like I'm one of the few, but I quite enjoyed the song. It's miles away from their recent releases in terms of sound and style, but still enjoyable for me.
Ozman - 27.06.2013 at 13:55
Written by WarriorFenix on 27.06.2013 at 01:24

It sounds like very bland/uninspired power metal track.

which is exactly what Turisas have Always sounded like
Spirit Molecule - 27.06.2013 at 15:56
Caught a bit of these guys live at Metalfest Poland. Not really my thing. And now, every time I see the band name, I think penises, after seeing them walk butt naked into the lake at the festival.
The Shape 1973 - 27.06.2013 at 16:26
At least they are having a go at something different. I actually quite like it. Admittedly it is not what I was expecting, far more rock than metal and defiantly not power metal.

If the album is going to be diverse, then it will be interesting to see what else comes out before I childishly write it off.
KainRich - 27.06.2013 at 23:56
After a few more listens, i dont find it as offensive as I first did. Surely, theres bound to be a few good tracks on "2013", right? Right?
Rognvaldr - 29.06.2013 at 03:53
I Want to get into this since I've always liked Turisas so much with the first two albums. It seems like they're going from folk metal to "Mad Max Road Warrior metal". It's hard to adjust as a listener, it's like they're almost a whole new band. I'll always love the first two albums though.
moe5512 - 30.06.2013 at 12:57
Sounds like it comes from a musical...
Swordbearer - 30.06.2013 at 21:51
'Listening pleasure'? Listening torture...
Mattybu - 02.07.2013 at 03:26
Seems like an embarrassing showing for these guys... just horrendous album name, music, everything

News Turisas - Another New Track Streaming Online 9 15.07.2013 by The Shape 1973
News Subrosa - New Song Streaming Online, Tracklist Unveiled 7 25.07.2013 by ManiacBlasphemer
News October Tide - New Album Cover And Tracklist Unveiled 5.5 25.01.2013 by woodsmoke666
News Destruction - New Track Available For Streaming 5.5 15.12.2010 by LeChron James
News Unearth - Debut New Track, Album Details Unveiled 5.5 09.09.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham