Iron Maiden have announced a second show at London's O2 Arena for August 4th after the first of their scheduled shows sold out in just 12 minutes. The band have stated it will definitely be the band's last UK show this year as soon after they head off for a few selected US shows before a trip around Latin America including headlining Rock In Rio and National Stadiums in Mexico, Chile and Argentina. The British heavy metallers also recently played at Download Festival 2013 at Donington Park.

Tickets for this second show are available to buy now from http://www.theo2.co.uk, http://www.axs.com and http://www.livenation.co.uk and, like the first show, all ticketing will be paperless to protect Maiden fans as much as possible from touting and inflated pricing on the Secondary Ticketing Market.

The band's singer Bruce Dickinson said: "We've all been having such a fantastic time on this tour. From the very first show in North America last year to the European dates we are doing now, it's just been tremendous fun. Our fans have been brilliant as usual, and seem to be loving the set-list and the stage production! So we thought that because this tour has been such an amazing experience for band and fans alike, it somehow seems right to finish up back home in England and have the final show celebration on home-turf. And now instead of one night's celebration back home we get to have two!"

The entrance to the event will only be granted to those that originally purchased the tickets and as such must bring the credit or debit card used to make purchase along with a government-issued photo ID in order to gain entry to the event. The band and their management Phantom Music will also endeavour to invalidate any tickets we find to have been purchased on the secondary market, including the sellers 'legitimate' ticket/s.

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden

Posted: 29.06.2013 by Bad English

Comments

Metal Invader - 29.06.2013 at 14:45
See you in Zagreb!:)
Slayerus23 - 29.06.2013 at 16:32
Shot them in Lisbon. Although they still put an awesome show, there's no comparison with what I witnessed in 2008. They are getting old, it's a fact.
BloodTears - 29.06.2013 at 16:52
Written by Guest on 29.06.2013 at 16:32

They are. You notice that specially in Bruce because he doesn't reach some of the notes he once could. I was a bit disappointed with the sound of the show here it Portugal and that ruined what could've been perfect because the setlist/visuals were amazing.
Dedcalm - 29.06.2013 at 20:45
I'm Disapointed that they play as little shows as poss in thier own country
LeChron James - 30.06.2013 at 01:55
I didn't find anything wrong with their show when I saw them the day before my birfday last year. But there's no denying that they're gettting helllllllllla old. Some of the members are around my dad's age (63) I think. Anyway, selling out a show in 12 minutes is impressive. Most pop musicians can't even get stats like that haha.
Slayerus23 - 30.06.2013 at 16:08
Written by BloodTears on 29.06.2013 at 16:52

Written by Guest on 29.06.2013 at 16:32

True, I really noticed that on Aces High. Even me as a vocal enthusiast can reach those high pitch notes on the chorus and he failed to make them right. Still he's the same running frontman we're used to watch, so that's okay.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 03.07.2013 at 00:53
Written by Dedcalm on 29.06.2013 at 20:45

I'm Disapointed that they play as little shows as poss in thier own country

If this news fustrates you, wait until you have a look at the tour set dates they had during the mid 80's and 90's....
Dedcalm - 03.07.2013 at 17:08
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 03.07.2013 at 00:53

Written by Dedcalm on 29.06.2013 at 20:45

I'm Disapointed that they play as little shows as poss in thier own country

What the hell have the 80's an 90's got to do with it? I'm talking about a band from the UK who claim to be so proud of being British, and constantly use the Union Flag on stage, Yet spend as little time touring here as possible. What they did back then is hardly relevant. I'm talking about now.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 04.07.2013 at 04:44
Quote:
Written by Dedcalm on 03.07.2013 at 17:08

Err no it's completely relevant. They used to tour so many more cities across more smaller distances per country, especially the UK. Including making triple and quadrouple (let alone double) dates for the bigger cities alone, and that's not due of their sellout demand such as this.

So why has that changed? Its got all the reason for why....
Dedcalm - 04.07.2013 at 05:32
Quote:
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 04.07.2013 at 04:44

Written by Dedcalm on 03.07.2013 at 17:08

So why has that changed? Its got all the reason for why....

You have compleatly mussed my point. I don't care what they used to do. I don't care what the reasons ypu can come up with are. This band does not tour thier own country enough. End of.
Marcel Hubregtse - 04.07.2013 at 13:55
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 04.07.2013 at 04:44

the reason they sold out this show so quickly is because they hardly tour the UK. in the 80s in 90s there was an overkill of UK shows by Maiden. In the 90s they hardly sold out a show at all. Only in SOuth America did they manage to sell out shows at the time. Due to poor attendances they decided not to tour the UK that often any more.
tea[m]ster - 04.07.2013 at 17:38
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.07.2013 at 13:55

I still think it's amazing they sold out 4 consecutive nights at the Long Beach Arena in California in March of 1985. 13,000 people a night for 4 nights, wow.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 05.07.2013 at 02:23
Written by Dedcalm on 04.07.2013 at 05:32

If you don't care with what I say or what they used to do, why bother making a stupid contradictory comparison over mine? When its fairly obvious that they don't seem the need to tour the UK much around after what they used to.... FFS Its not like the second date sold out in 12 minutes has it now?!?
theFIST - 10.07.2013 at 01:16
Quote:

Are they completely insane???
That is even worse than what microsoft tried to do with the "one"

News Iron Maiden - Anounce Show In Belgrade 7.5 16.01.2007 by iaberis
News Iron Maiden - Announces Show In Greece 7.5 12.01.2007 by iaberis
News Iron Maiden - Confirm Special Clive Burr Show 7.5 05.06.2007 by
News Iron Maiden - Summer Tour And Ground Breaking Show In India 7.5 15.02.2007 by Bad English
News Iron Maiden - Finished New Album 6 24.05.2006 by