"Hail To The King", the title track for the upcoming Avenged Sevenfold album has made its online premiered today and is now available below. The album will be out on 27th August but you can finally hear a full song from the follow-up to Nightmare. Tell us how you like the song.

You can find out more about the new album here.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Avenged Sevenfold

Posted: 15.07.2013 by BynersA7X

Comments

Doge of Venice - 15.07.2013 at 19:02
Decent song. Has a cool hard rock vibe, which I like. Pretty accessible though, but I'm going to assume this will be one of the more accessible on the album due to it being their single. The previews on their website have some intriguing stuff, that's a little different from this.
Angelic Storm - 15.07.2013 at 19:37
It's nothing great, but it's listenable at least, and the singer's voice which I normally hate actually sounds okay on this song... It'll take better than that to convert me into a fan, but it's not half bad for a band I usually find hard on the ears. And not in a good way! xD
Rupert - 15.07.2013 at 19:39
Kind of reminds me of Taranchula.
Kwis - 15.07.2013 at 20:48
Is he tapping through the entire song?
cossaisVendeurs - 15.07.2013 at 21:53
Written by Rupert on 15.07.2013 at 19:39

Kind of reminds me of Taranchula.

That actually makes me want to check it out, even though I think AS (I refuse to call them A7X. even though I just did) are gash.
Rupert - 15.07.2013 at 22:19
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 15.07.2013 at 21:53

Ya I don't think it's enough like Taranchula to really make it any better than you might expect.
silenius - 15.07.2013 at 22:43
I can´t say it was that bad( even thou i loath this band) had a nice feel to it.
Angelic Storm - 15.07.2013 at 23:00
Written by silenius on 15.07.2013 at 22:43

Yep... I suspect if most of their haters were played this song without being told who it was, they'd like it, or at least they wouldn't hate it. It's not a great song, but it's also far from terrible. This band have put out far worse material in their time, that's for sure. The main thing that makes it palatable for me is the vocals. I've always disliked the singer's vocals, but he sounds very different on this song, and that makes it tolerable....
Kuroboshi - 16.07.2013 at 00:46
I'm rather surprised at the relative show of love for this song on this website, 'cause that was a thoroughly boring song.
Megadeth88 - 16.07.2013 at 02:26
I don't know the name of the new drummer, but I'll say he's nothing like Portnoy. That's the only reason I gave Nightmare a chance was because of Portnoy, now he's gone and I have no interest in this band, yet again...
Angelic Storm - 16.07.2013 at 03:04
Written by Kuroboshi on 16.07.2013 at 00:46

I think "show of love" is a bit overexaggerated, don't you? :\ I think apart from maybe the first poster, nobody said they really liked the song, just that it was tolerable, and not half bad. Although I guess around here, any reaction to material by this band other than a total slaughtering is seen as "loving it".
Methuselah - 16.07.2013 at 03:13
I think part of the whole general "Meh, it's not bad" is because it's different. It's definitely tolerable unlike the rest of their stuff (to me). I was surprised and intrigued by the sound though, glad to hear none of the vocalists whiney "AYEYIEEEYIEEE" Kinda sounding. I'd actually say it's decent hard rock.
Italics - 16.07.2013 at 03:17
I could never get past this guy's voice
Angelic Storm - 16.07.2013 at 03:40
Written by Methuselah on 16.07.2013 at 03:13

Precisely! The song doesn't sound like Avenged Sevenfold's regular material (at least none of the material by them I've actually heard). The things that have put me off everything else I've heard by them, are not present on this song, which is why I can happily listen to it without feeling a strong urge to stop the song before it's even half finished. It's not a great song, far from it. But it's also far from being terrible. Like you said, it's decent hard rock. I certainly wouldn't buy it, but it's tolerable.
BestMetalstormer - 16.07.2013 at 03:55
Awesome songs, I can feel some what 90s Metallica influence music and vocal, though mostly still more of heavy metal and hard rock, even some power metal and iron maiden. Not excellent but still enjoyable and unique the band this time material.
Doge of Venice - 16.07.2013 at 04:41
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.07.2013 at 03:04

Written by Kuroboshi on 16.07.2013 at 00:46

I thought it was decent, nothing particularly good. I only liked the hard rock vibe they were going for.

I'm still a fan, though it's probably just nostalgia i don't want to get rid of. Nightmare was thoroughly boring, to me, and I doubt they'll ever get more creative than CoE, so I approach all their new material with caution.
Zadion - 16.07.2013 at 05:21
I love A7X, but I'm not that impressed. Neither this nor their silly CoD songs are that great. I'm concerned they've kind of lost it without The Rev, TBH. I dunno. I'm not expecting them to reach the epic highs of Waking the Fallen or City of Evil again, but eh. Syn's guitar work is the glowing highlight, as always, though.
hadriel - 16.07.2013 at 06:06
Incredibly generic and boring....Although, not surprised, since Waking and City of Evil this band has done nothing interesting.
henrihell93 - 16.07.2013 at 11:29
Written by Angelic Storm on 15.07.2013 at 23:00

This band have put out far worse material in their time, that's for sure.

Just.. No. This is by far the worst a7x song I've ever heard. I kinda like their stuff but this is just horrible in comparison. Somehow it all sounds quite boring and the drums suck even the last drop of goodness out of it.
Doc Godin - 16.07.2013 at 11:43
I really liked the intro, for a few seconds there I almost thought they finally put out something listenable...then it fizzled into this flat attempt at some pseudo-anthem. Can't say I'm surprised.

...I gotta admit though, I'm quite fond of that album artwork.
Marcel Hubregtse - 16.07.2013 at 12:29
Written by Doc Godin on 16.07.2013 at 11:43

...I gotta admit though, I'm quite fond of that album artwork.

Kuroboshi - 16.07.2013 at 13:03
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.07.2013 at 03:04

Thus the use of "relative". I actually rather like some of their songs, and I love his voice on songs like "Bat Country".
Angelic Storm - 16.07.2013 at 16:07
Written by Kuroboshi on 16.07.2013 at 13:03

Ah, fair enough so. I do find it interesting that most of the semi-positive comments are coming from people who don't normally like Avenged Sevenfold, and most of the more negative comments are from people who are fans of the band. Strange...
Doge of Venice - 16.07.2013 at 16:15
Written by Megadeth88 on 16.07.2013 at 02:26

Apparently the guy can fairly smash the kit, but apparently they were going for slower, more groove orientated riffs, so they asked him to simplify the drumming a bit.
Dethking26 - 17.07.2013 at 23:44
This actually isn't all that terrible.
The vocals sound better than normal.
Still not that good though.
Jvenned - 20.07.2013 at 18:14
Written by Kwis on 15.07.2013 at 20:48

Is he tapping through the entire song?

Nope. It's just a "Wasted Years"-ish lick repeated to infinity and beyond.
Megadeth88 - 21.07.2013 at 09:37
Written by Doge of Venice on 16.07.2013 at 16:15

Written by Megadeth88 on 16.07.2013 at 02:26

It's possible.
Kwis - 21.07.2013 at 11:51
Written by Jvenned on 20.07.2013 at 18:14

Written by Kwis on 15.07.2013 at 20:48

Is he tapping through the entire song?

Nope. It's just a "Wasted Years"-ish lick repeated to infinity and beyond.

Well you were born a week before me and we share the same Favourite Song, so ALL HAIL JVENNED! Whatever you say is LAW
Nemo Atkins - 23.07.2013 at 20:24
I actually really like this. I honestly reckon that, had the vocals been deeper, this could have been an amazing song.

(That's not a complaint against M Shadows: I just think a deeper and more forceful voice would have made this song much better.)
Savage - 26.07.2013 at 10:12
I really like this song. A nice tribute to classic heavy metal. Looking forward to the album.

News Avenged Sevenfold - New Video Online 9 06.07.2014 by cossaisVendeurs
News Avenged Sevenfold - New Song Streaming Online 9 25.09.2012 by Dylan
News Avenged Sevenfold - New Video Online 9 19.07.2010 by pcgecko85
News Avenged Sevenfold - Share New Album Title, Cover, Release Date 7.5 28.06.2013 by Synapse
News Hell - New Single Streaming Online 5.5 08.10.2013 by