UPDATE on 17.07.2013 [Thanks to Carl Berg]: According to Euronews, there doesn't seem to be much evidence suggesting that Varg Vikernes was planning any sort of terrorist action. It seems that the arrest was based on a "blog post" made by Vikernes after the fatal derailing of the Bretigny train last week which contained ant-semitic remarks. The new update also confirms that the police custody of Varg Vikernes and his French wife Marie Cachet arrested on Tuesday in southwestern France has been extended by 24 hours, judiciary sources told news agency AFP.

French news website Le Nouvel Obs reports that the Central Directorate of Interior Intelligence decided to act after a blog post Vikernes wrote on July 13th commenting on the Bretigny train crash, which had taken place south of Paris the day before.

In the blog post entitled "Heros", Vikernes attacks "The 'French' president, the (sic) Jew Mr. Hollande", the media and "criminal non-European scum" making up "the gang of 'youths' standing nearby ready to rob the passengers when [the train derailed]."

The French Interior Minister Manuel Valls admitted that there was for now "no target, no identified project" in the Vikernes affair, but he justified the arrests by the necessity, in terrorism investigation, "to act before and not after."

The Interior Ministry stated on Tuesday that Vikernes "with close tie to the neo-nazi movement" was considered "likely to carry a large-scale terror act" and thus "constituted a potential menace". To justify the arrest, they also mentioned "violent speech intercepted on the web."

An official at the prosecutor's office said that the investigation was also prompted by several suspicions that made the services fear he could possibly carry out a violent act after he reportedly received a copy of the manifesto of Anders Breivik.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Original news, published on 16.07.2013: Varg Vikernes is in the news yet again and not for good reasons. Several French sources and also Euronews are reporting that Burzum's mastermind Varg Vikernes has been reportedly arrested in France and taken to custody in the Corrèze region this Tuesday. The police suspect the Norwegian to be plotting a "massacre" and are currently searching his house for weapons and explosives. His French wife and a member of a shooting club has allegedly recently purchased legally four rifles. Varg is being described as a "neo-nazi" and "Anders Breivik sympathizer".

The anti-terrorist prosecutor has been put in charge of the investigation. He could be held in custody for the next 96 hours, as is allowed under anti-terror laws.

Of course we all remember that Vikernes was convicted to 21 years in prison - the maximum sentence in Norway - for the murder of Øystein "Euronymous" Aarseth of black metallers Mayhem and for arson attacks on churches. He was freed in May 2009.

Vikernes is said to be one of the people to have received the manifesto of Anders Behring Breivik, the far-right terrorist responsible for the July 2011 Oslo bombing and Utoeya Massacre which left 77 dead. Breivik was sentenced to 21 years in jail for terrorism on August 2012.

However, The Quietus refers a post called War in Europe: Part V from late 2012, where Vikernes criticized Breivik's actions: "To Breivik I can only say I hope you do kill yourself.... you have made a big mistake."

He also writes: "As long as there are true Europeans alive they will continue to fail, and our European blood makes sure that we can at any time revive the true European spirit and turn Europe into our Elysium again. Today we are on the offensive. For the first time in many decades. The final solution to this problem is not to kill anyone, but to raise our children with European ideals and values, and a European world view, and make sure that Christianity dies out when our coward parent generation dies out."

Source: euronews.com
Band profile: Burzum

Posted: 17.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Lokaeda - 16.07.2013 at 21:56
Written by Lyssamera on 16.07.2013 at 21:30

Anyway, the journalists here can't stop calling him "Kristian". Didn't he legally change his name to Varg?

I'd rather have 'em call him "Kristian" than "Varge" hahaha
Maco - 16.07.2013 at 22:02
Well, at least everybody was expecting something like that, coming from a Neo-Nazi.
mz - 16.07.2013 at 22:42
Written by Lit. on 16.07.2013 at 19:16

Well, at least he'll have the Black Metal App on his phone if he ever wants to make music in prison.

the best comment ever
koob - 16.07.2013 at 22:53
He hates Breivik and stated it multiple times. I'm pretty sure he bought weapons for hunting since he always talks about living on his own in his blog (Thulean Perspective). I'm pretty sure the French police is overreacting and everything will be settled in a matter of days.
Apothecary - 16.07.2013 at 23:14
Well congrats to Varg, he served almost 15 years in prison, was released, hasn't put out a good album in the four years since, and now there's a high possibility he might be going back for the rest of his life. I can hear Euronymous laughing in his grave already.
Darkside Momo - 17.07.2013 at 00:01
When I saw the news here, I almost pissed in my pants. Racist moron Varg arrested in France's middle of nowhere by overzealous policemen? That's actually the best joke I've heard in a long time. And what's even more fun, it's HAPPENING FOR REAL! ROFL LMAO
Bad English - 17.07.2013 at 00:24
BTW is he living in France? I didnt know money what he got from Burzuj is nought support wife and children
Darkside Momo - 17.07.2013 at 00:36
Written by Bad English on 17.07.2013 at 00:24

Media here don't say anything about that, so I don't know
Bad English - 17.07.2013 at 00:42
Written by Darkside Momo on 17.07.2013 at 00:36

Written by Bad English on 17.07.2013 at 00:24

Media here don't say anything about that, so I don't know

Well even if he was on vocation, I dont think he works , probobly gets ocial garanties and nationalists , well he must refuse, since its socialist key to pay social garantries
another poser
Kuroboshi - 17.07.2013 at 00:49
It said in the french news (Le Monde) that he is living in France, since a couple of years back.
M C Vice - 17.07.2013 at 02:26
Written by Mephistopholes1 on 16.07.2013 at 17:12

Written by Cronomaster on 16.07.2013 at 16:11

I don't get his way of thinking. If Christianity will die, there will be Islam in Europe. I don't think it's better...

A Muslim Europe, THAT I wanna see! I wonder what will happen to the Irish though...

The catholics will become the sheites and the prodastants will become the sunis (sorry about the spelling). So it will be business as usual.

Written by Lokaeda on 16.07.2013 at 15:15

Even the gypsies don't go to Corrèze.

Maybe 'cause Varg's there?
Boxcar Willy - 17.07.2013 at 04:20
Written by Darkside Momo on 17.07.2013 at 00:01

Pretty much sums up my opinion on this too.
chronic-headache - 17.07.2013 at 04:41
Does this mean we'll get another Daudi Baldrs? That is my favorite Burzum album.
M C Vice - 17.07.2013 at 04:42
Pity the news keeps bringing black metal into it.
Fritillaria - 17.07.2013 at 09:17
Written by Carl Berg on 16.07.2013 at 14:58

What the fluck? I hate how the media turns this upside-down by focusing on the fact that he is a "black metal musician" - essentially that black metal music makes evil people.

Also, he is most certainly not an Anders Breivik sympathiser, he openly criticised his actions and even told him to kill himself.

Damn media, it can ruin the image of an entire genre of music.

That's the exact reason I insult him, and I say his skull is filled with shit ,he's ruining the whole scene, it will do no good to the music lovers,not at all,needless to say imagine how it will be reflected in media of countries with extreme ideologies,they already had trouble with metal, and imagine after this incident ,suspicious whatever they say, how they will display metal to society.I'm sad really for metal scene.
Mattybu - 17.07.2013 at 10:23
Just before going on MS I was reading something on the Onion and you know, this article seems to fit well with their stuff.
Aristarchos - 17.07.2013 at 12:36
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.07.2013 at 15:25

Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 15:23

He's been very protective eversince Euronymous sent him death threats

Actually Euro never sent him death threats, that's one of Kristian's lies again.

How do you know that? Personally i have no idea.
Cronomaster - 17.07.2013 at 13:04
Written by roeder on 16.07.2013 at 16:20

Written by Cronomaster on 16.07.2013 at 16:11

yeah it totally works like that. if you don't believe in the christian god, it's obligatory to choose another religion. so everyone will become muslim.

It's not exactly what I meant. I don't believe in any Gods, and I would like that Europe, when Christianity will die, will abandon all deities and become atheists and there will no longer be any religion. But, of course, it's impossible, this sick world needs religion to exist (but I wonder why), so people in Europe will be muslims (or any other religion, no big difference for me).
roeder - 17.07.2013 at 15:20
Written by Cronomaster on 17.07.2013 at 13:04

Written by roeder on 16.07.2013 at 16:20

Written by Cronomaster on 16.07.2013 at 16:11

let's just hope that if the day comes when christianity disappears, the people that still need spirituality in their lives will choose a more friendly faith. like buddhism or something like that, instead of shitty islam or judaism
not like there is any chance that stupid people will abandon religion
Monolithic - 17.07.2013 at 18:35

And that's how media and attention-seeking people consume our minds.
Bad English - 17.07.2013 at 19:04
French wife? how he can get french wife being 20 years in Norwegian jail? and is she mother of his children?
RealEyes - 17.07.2013 at 20:25
i agree varg's ideeas ! heis really a perfectionist like me.
Bedeadorsatanic - 17.07.2013 at 20:49
Free varg...
!J.O.O.E.! - 17.07.2013 at 20:57
Written by Bedeadorsatanic on 17.07.2013 at 20:49

Free varg...

Free Varg with every purchase of Sôl austan, Mâni vestan. Limited stock. Contents may vary. Should you wish to return it your statutory rights will not be affected.
Sojgenske - 17.07.2013 at 21:20
Vikernes is a regular man with convictions, a wife (with a firearm license), three young kids and a farm.

So yes he deserves to go in jail ! Merde ! QUAND MÊME !!!

koob - 17.07.2013 at 23:01
Fluffy French government in dire need of recognition, chasing nazis is apparently a good idea for them. Fuck these fluffies, leave the man alone, he may be a nazi or whatever but he clearly states in numerous blogs that he, himslef, just wants to live in peace with his children, far from our jaded world.
wormdrink414 - 17.07.2013 at 23:19
Not sure why this had me riled up and feeling activistic just a week or so ago, and yet this story has been making me laugh since I read about it.
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.07.2013 at 00:00
Written by RealEyes on 17.07.2013 at 20:25

i agree varg's ideeas ! heis really a perfectionist like me.

so, your ideas are all over the place as well and vary from day to day? And you are just as braind dead? Varg is truly one of the most stupid musicians I have ever come across.
Lord_Regnier - 18.07.2013 at 01:08
Saw it in the newspapers today.
Looks like they kinda panicked for little and arrested him as some kind of 'precaution'. Though, I must say, with a crazy moron like him, you never know. Perhaps they were right to put him under arrest.
Lord_Regnier - 18.07.2013 at 01:14
Written by Guest on 17.07.2013 at 09:17

As a big Black Metal fan, that's precisely why I hate people like Varg Vikernes and Gaahl. It's this kind of fucking morons who give a bad reputation to the BM scene and fans.
Bad English - 18.07.2013 at 02:05
Any YT news or any link where and IF there is sky news, al jazera english, france 24 english, BBC or whatever other major news channels
Is tehre any reportage? IF there is can someone OM me links please
M C Vice - 18.07.2013 at 15:29
In Varg's defence, if posting stupid and offensive statements online was illegal, youtube and ninemsn would have shut down years ago.
D.T. Metal - 18.07.2013 at 18:51
Quote:
...there doesn't seem to be much evidence suggesting that Varg Vikernes was planning any sort of terrorist action. It seems that the arrest was based on a "blog post" made by Vikernes after the fatal derailing of the Bretigny train last week which contained anti-semitic remarks.

a blog post started this. Makes you wonder how many more bloggers got arrested who might share the same sentiments as him. Not defending the man, but it seem that the French might have over reacted here.
BitterCOld - 18.07.2013 at 19:24
I'm sure his resume probably attracted him a little more attention than the average racist nutjob blogger. it's not as if he's just the average guy or anything.
BlueMobius - 18.07.2013 at 19:41
Written by BitterCOld on 18.07.2013 at 19:24

it's not as if he's just the average guy or anything.

Correct, he's quite below average.
Darkside Momo - 18.07.2013 at 23:15
Written by BitterCOld on 18.07.2013 at 19:24

Yep. His previous record is what prompted him being put under surveillance - since he moved in France it seems.
BTW, yes it's said he lives in France now.

Also, he's been freed.
LeChron James - 19.07.2013 at 01:54
Gaddamnit Varg. If you're gonna be a bigot, keep it to yourself or express it through your music.
Cynic Metalhead - 19.07.2013 at 09:29
He's released.
ANGEL REAPER - 19.07.2013 at 22:14
Hahaha.... i was offline for 2 weeks and passed all of this entertainment ....
Daggon - 24.07.2013 at 19:48
Meh, I'm still surprised that some people can take this man seriously, I mean, he is just a mediocre musician with issues, he should be famous thanks to his music, not because he killed a man or because he burnt a church...

Pages: 1 [2]

News Varg Vikernes - A Free Man 7.5 23.05.2009 by Uirapuru
News Varg Vikernes - Found Guilty In French Trial 7.5 08.07.2014 by ManiacBlasphemer
News Varg Vikernes - Soon To Be Released 7.5 11.03.2009 by Ravencorpse
News Burzum - Varg Vikernes Allowed Day Passes 7.5 07.07.2008 by
News Burzum - Varg Vikernes Releases Playthrough Videos 7.5 25.08.2014 by Boxcar Willy