Dream Theater's last album, 2011's A Dramatic Turn Of Events, earned the band its first Grammy nomination and was the first without founding member and drummer Mike Portnoy. Now with their new album Dream Theater, new drummer Mike Mangini was involved in the songwriting process. You can now listen to their new single "The Enemy Inside" here and see what the band has to offer this time around.

How do you rate it? Dream Theater will be available everywhere on September 24th and pre-orders will be announced very soon. Find more album details over here. More importantly, enjoy the new song.

The tracklist:

Band profile: Dream Theater

Posted: 05.08.2013 by bokimaniac

Comments

kalmah999 - 05.08.2013 at 19:49
Nice!
BloodTears - 05.08.2013 at 19:51
I don't love it at all but I'm willing to give it a few more opportunities to grow on me
Unhealer - 05.08.2013 at 19:52
Surprisingly good song. Maybe it's just one of the two/three songs I tend to like from their latest outputs, but we'll see about that.
ManiacBlasphemer - 05.08.2013 at 19:54
Not bad, but requires more than just one shot...
Opethian - 05.08.2013 at 20:39
I prefer the Single cover over the official album art work
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.08.2013 at 20:45
Extremely mediocre song and way too heavy on the keyboards for one.
Groby94 - 05.08.2013 at 21:36
Good song, definitely a grower. Not quite what I expected, but you can't really judge a DT album by its singles

EDIT: Killer track. If the rest of the album is of the same quality as this, it's going to be one hell of a ride
larionov8 - 05.08.2013 at 21:38
Very good song
cossaisVendeurs - 05.08.2013 at 21:40
Fucking gay American restrictions make it unavailable for me here in the UK.

Utter cunts. It's the fucking Internet.
Fritillaria - 05.08.2013 at 22:09
Heh DT again failed in making me interested in what they do.
Joodicator - 05.08.2013 at 22:20
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 05.08.2013 at 21:40

Fucking gay American restrictions make it unavailable for me here in the UK.

Utter cunts. It's the fucking Internet.

I'm in the UK and I can hear it just fine. And I quite like it. Can't see what the fuss is all about, but then again, I see a lot of disdain for new material from the big names in metal on MS.

...predicting O NO MS NO HATE EVRYFING U JUST FINK MS HATE EVRYFING CUZ DEY UR FAV BAND
Introspekrieg - 05.08.2013 at 22:57
I wonder when they will finally overcome these inner demons they sing about in every song.
Fritillaria - 05.08.2013 at 23:05
Written by Introspekrieg on 05.08.2013 at 22:57

good point
Darth Mitchell - 05.08.2013 at 23:46
Great song! Jordan uses the same sound in the keyboard solo as he did on one of his solo albums. Can't wait for the whole album. And as Groby94 said, you can't judge DT on their singles. So we just have to wait a little longer...
Fredd - 06.08.2013 at 00:01
I really like.
Carl Berg - 06.08.2013 at 00:09
Wow, great guitar work, and those drums are INSANE. Mangini's really showing off here.
Carrion Misery - 06.08.2013 at 00:35
Written by Introspekrieg on 05.08.2013 at 22:57

lol I think they'd be out of the job if they ever did.
Azarath - 06.08.2013 at 00:37
Not bad at all. At least it sounds more alive than the last album. Overall, Octavarium meets A Dramatic Turn of Events.

But it's no "The Enemy Within".
Fat & Sassy! - 06.08.2013 at 00:44
Written by Carl Berg on 06.08.2013 at 00:09

Mangini's really showing off here.

Certainly the most interesting part of the song. The second half of the song (starting with that riff around 3:20) certainly has some Scenes From a Memory Pt II feels going on. I enjoyed my first listen of this song more than anything since Octavarium. Would be totally sweet if they rekindle the fondness I had for them years ago. :3 Probably shouldn't get my hopes up though. That's some dangerous business when it comes to this band's recent works. >_>
Warman - 06.08.2013 at 01:35
It's a good one. Can't wait for the whole thing!
Korah - 06.08.2013 at 02:52
Can't hear it, I hate Soundcloud for that!
Stabby - 06.08.2013 at 03:41
Written by Guest on 05.08.2013 at 22:09

Heh DT again failed in making me interested in what they do.

Awake is my unequivocal favorite album of all time from any band and even I'm not very interested in this album right now. No fanboyism from me here, this is the same kind of song that they've been recording for the last 10 years, except kind of worse. Ouch that hurt to say...only a bit.
Stabby - 06.08.2013 at 03:50
Written by Introspekrieg on 05.08.2013 at 22:57

Losing your songwriting talent is a traumatic experience for just about anyone
Aetherius - 06.08.2013 at 09:40
I wasn't blown away by this but its not bad. I will listen to it again also, so that's a good sign I suppose
Gelati - 06.08.2013 at 09:55
I thought it was pretty good, catchy, and with plenty of DT prog wankery. Exactly what I want in a DT track.
Monolithic - 06.08.2013 at 10:30
It's a good, catchy song. I'm not really a fan of Dream Theater's stuff but this was really good.
koob - 06.08.2013 at 11:08
I'm actually surprised by "how good" this is compared to their latest album. Love the guitars and drums.
DoomDriver - 06.08.2013 at 12:15
OH MY FRIGGIN' LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lethrokai - 06.08.2013 at 12:57
For a single (which are normally DT's worst songs) it's actually pretty damn good!
AeonGio - 06.08.2013 at 13:00
Cool new song! Looking forward to an awesome album!
Iron Nostarion - 06.08.2013 at 18:00
I like this one, it's pretty good and energetic, but I know the suite at the beginning of the album will be better than this; I heard some Spanish site gave it a good review and said there was experimentation. Dream Theater probably will never return to the days of Images and Words, but I expect them to still make good stuff. We'll see.
undi - 06.08.2013 at 19:46
Holy shit, I wasn't expecting this. They usually pick the fucking worst song in the album for the premiere/single/videoclip.

Now I'm really looking forward to this.
Lanthros - 07.08.2013 at 03:40
Written by Joodicator on 05.08.2013 at 22:20

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 05.08.2013 at 21:40

Fucking gay American restrictions make it unavailable for me here in the UK.

Utter cunts. It's the fucking Internet.

Ive noticed the same thing. Seems to me to be a bunch of mental children with peter pan syndrome. They dont want to grow up and dont think that bands should either. Its one thing to not like a new album but its completely different to bash on it because you think a band should write the same album over and over. They dont realize that mentality DESTROYS music.
Monolithic - 07.08.2013 at 09:04
Written by Lanthros on 07.08.2013 at 03:40

Written by Joodicator on 05.08.2013 at 22:20

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 05.08.2013 at 21:40

Fucking gay American restrictions make it unavailable for me here in the UK.

Utter cunts. It's the fucking Internet.

+1 word.

Can't argue with that.
kalmah999 - 07.08.2013 at 15:05
I agree with Lanthros, definitely my thoughts!
theembryo - 07.08.2013 at 20:41
Reminds me a bit of "Train of Thought" - overall, I dig the style, the instrumentals seem to be a bit more........ organized, if you will, than the speed playing on TOT.

Also glad to see the real news item posted, as opposed to the lame, inaccurate thing i tried to post a bit ago!

Thanks!!
Stabby - 07.08.2013 at 23:55
The thing with Dream Theater is that they started out...progressive, every song had a unique feel to it and they had album after album of brand new progressive music with a constantly evolving sound. And then they got kind of generic and fell into this signature sound that they've been overusing for a long time, and this new song is no different. It isn't music evolving, it's definitely music stagnating and that's the problem. We can hope that the album will have more diversity and bring something new to the table, but I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll have any new ideas to offer.
diamondblack - 08.08.2013 at 00:02
AWESOME! Can't wait for new album!
Lethrokai - 08.08.2013 at 13:23
So far, from comments I've seen both hear and across the web, people are saying that this album reminds them of:
ADTOE
BC&SL
Octavarium
Train of Thought
Metropolis Pt: 2
Awake

...well guys, maybe they weren't kidding when they were talking about the "full DT experience"
theembryo - 09.08.2013 at 06:23
Written by Lethrokai on 08.08.2013 at 13:23

ADTOE
BC&SL
Octavarium
Train of Thought
Metropolis Pt: 2
Awake

.....and I see it as a good thing - well put, Lethrokai
reload3591 - 09.08.2013 at 07:53
Quote:

But if they do, people complain for the opposite reason. Example: Dark Tranquillity has been getting poopoo-ed for writing the same album 4 times in a row. They wouldn't dare try anything new because the very same people would bitch about the experimentation. They need to shut up and learn to enjoy music. It's a good thing.
Dave Cerdo - 09.08.2013 at 22:19
Nothing new... So sad
Lethrokai - 11.08.2013 at 12:51
Written by Dave Cerdo on 09.08.2013 at 22:19

Nothing new... So sad

It's a single. Those hardly ever provide anything new. The point of them is to demonstrate the band's sound for newcomers.
maged918 - 12.08.2013 at 06:59
Meh.
reload3591 - 13.08.2013 at 23:35
What is with all these bands switching to car logos (see Linkin Park)?

News Dream Theater - New Song For Download 9 01.05.2007 by wrathchild