Norwegian symphonic black metal trio Dimmu Borgir haven't said much lately but the group is working on material for the follow-up to 2010's Abrahadabra. Not many details are known at this point, but at least you know that the new album is in the works.

Recently, Shagrath posted this message on Facebook: "By the desire to achieve. Stoked about our new material, it's shaping up nicely. Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir

Posted: 18.08.2013 by Bad English

Comments

Jiri - 18.08.2013 at 18:48
This should be... interesting...
Mad Arab666 - 18.08.2013 at 20:05
Lets hope it's better than their last two albums.
ImperialTroll - 18.08.2013 at 20:11
Let's hope for less symphonic and more black metal. Though I doubt it.
ANGEL REAPER - 18.08.2013 at 20:20
but i doubt that it will be any good
I_Die_Often - 18.08.2013 at 20:57
I'd rather see an Old Mans Child new release.
Opethian - 18.08.2013 at 22:45
Please no more sharon osbourne vocals lol. Abrahadabra was a fucking joke
Vermoorden - 19.08.2013 at 07:30
Finally... Been waiting for any mention of a new album. Good to know its on its way.
Matus Dust - 19.08.2013 at 10:50
That instagram effect on the picture... Pretty much sums up how I feel about the band.
Malaghost - 19.08.2013 at 21:13
Hopefully it's gonna be on par with 2 previous albums. More symphonic and melodic - the better.
BlueMobius - 20.08.2013 at 16:43
Any bets on how long before this shows up in the discount bin?
s_t_s - 25.08.2013 at 15:36
I don't see why some people shouldn't like In Sorte Diaboli or Abrahadabra, yet I wish their next album isn't so symphonic as Abrahadabra mostly because it means that such album cannot be played live without a true orchestra Too much orchestra kills the real sound imho. Wait'n see then.
matthewlwry@gmail.co - 26.08.2013 at 02:42
Symphonic black metal *can* be done. Just listen to Carach Angren. I'm not sure Dimmu have quite nailed it yet though. I agree with s_t_s. Too much orchestra means that live shows end up with loads of pre-recorded stuff that the band didn't even create themselves.
DecadentWraith - 19.09.2013 at 17:43
Abrahadabra is by far the worst recording this band has ever done! It is simply horrible! I was so depressed to hear that piece of shit album. atleast In Sorte had it's high points. Abrahadabra starts off blah and ends blah blah blah. A steady decline for dog crap to horse shit. I wish Galder would just release a new OMC album, that's what I'm waiting for. I've pretty much given up on dimmu. Even if dimmu does manage to put together something worth while musicly, Shagraths vox have gone to complete shit, so he will more then likely end up ruining anything solid that they do. It's been a very sad last 3 years. IT really sux to see 1 of your top 3 bands go to crap this quickly, I've been listening to them since 1997.
mischievous_mess - 01.10.2013 at 08:13
Let´s hope for less symphony and to hear more from the actual band... The orchestra was a bit too dominating for my taste on their previous album.
Jiri - 14.12.2013 at 00:41
Yeah, symphonies are ruining some metal bands. They rely on the symphony too much and forget to even record their own music! Haha!
s_t_s - 20.04.2014 at 15:45
Dimmu Borgir is going vaporware... :/
Borghot - 19.05.2014 at 18:39
Written by DecadentWraith on 19.09.2013 at 17:43

I guess to each their own, but for me it was the only album i liked from them

News Dimmu Borgir - New Album Progress 7.5 02.06.2010 by Slyfang
News ETHS - Working On New Material 5.5 04.10.2010 by RafaRata
News Gojira - Working On New Material 5.5 15.03.2011 by S.K.Ø.M
News Believer - Working On New Material 5.5 08.02.2012 by K†ulu
News Belphegor - Working On New Material 5.5 28.03.2010 by Got Mayhem?