After releasing the live album Live - From Chaos To Eternity, Italian symphonic power masters Rhapsody Of Fire announced, in July, their new studio album. Now the band revealed more details about what will be their 11th studio effort, the first without former guitarist and songwriter Luca Turilli.

The album will be named Dark Wings Of Steel and will be released on November 22nd in Europe and December 3rd in the USA via AFM Records. It has been produced by Alex Staropoli, which also composed the music, together with Manuel Staropoli and new guitarist Roberto De Micheli. Singer Fabio Lione wrote all the lyrics. The album, in classic Rhapsody Of Fire tradition, will feature a full orchestra with majestic choirs.

Dark Wings Of Steel will be released as CD, digipak and double-vinyl. The digipak and vinyl will also include a bonus track.

What are your expectations?

[Also thanks to Kallis Helmi for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody Of Fire

Posted: 12.09.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

Angel_Lament - 12.09.2013 at 18:51
Mmmm.. I'm curious to what this record shall sound with Luca Turilli, maybe it will be refreshing, though From Chaos To Eternity was awesome indeed!
CWA - 12.09.2013 at 19:40
Written by Angel_Lament on 12.09.2013 at 18:51

Mmmm.. I'm curious to what this record shall sound with Luca Turilli

Well, they officially came up with the worst album title from the lack of Luca's help. Hopefully the same is not reflected in the music.
AngelofDeth - 12.09.2013 at 21:22
Written by CWA on 12.09.2013 at 19:40

Very Excited for this! Yes this title is pretty damn shitty, but its possible that Luca never had much of a say in album naming so how can you pin this on him?

Though when it comes to instrumentation Luca's leaving will almost certainly have a big effect but maybe that's for the better as Chaos was only semi-enjoyable and IMO their worst album to date. I guess I would say I am cautiously hopeful for the new album, I have faith in the Staropoli brothers but without Luca it certainly is gamble...
Angel_Lament - 12.09.2013 at 21:45
Written by CWA on 12.09.2013 at 19:40

Yeah, it reminded me of Manowar somehow
ImperialTroll - 12.09.2013 at 22:15
This album is VERY critical, it's their first without Luca, and it's their first after "The Dark Secret" saga ended. This is a huge turning point in their career and I can't fucking wait to see where it will lead them...
Stabby - 12.09.2013 at 22:25
Written by CWA on 12.09.2013 at 19:40

Written by Angel_Lament on 12.09.2013 at 18:51

Mmmm.. I'm curious to what this record shall sound with Luca Turilli

Power Of The Dragonflame is a completely terrible title but it's my favorite album of theirs. We'll have to wait and see
Joodicator - 12.09.2013 at 23:54
I'd be interested to see if they pull a Stratovarius and totally reinvent themselves while still writing high quality power metal.
LeChron James - 13.09.2013 at 03:45
The plot thickens...
mikeprado30 - 13.09.2013 at 04:58
Hard to get something better than FCTE (IMHO their best one) but they are great musicians, in their hands is the band's fate.
UnknownCheese - 13.09.2013 at 08:37
Alex's brother helped write the album, interesting. The guy plays flute, wonder if that had much influence in the writing.

Album title sucks. They could have literally used anything instead of "Steel" and it would have sounded better. Definitely has too much of a corny Manowar/shitty Wacken metal vibe.
JohnDoe - 13.09.2013 at 23:25
The fact that the Holzwarth brothers (of Sieges Even fame) are in this band makes me cringe.
Hyperion - 16.09.2013 at 02:26
OMG!!! I can't freaking wait!!! I think Luca Turilli's Rhapsody got a golden start with Ascending to Infinity (epic wise, cuz it was pretty soft for a "metal" album) but I am very exited to see what these guys come up with. I consider both Rhapsodies my favorite band(s) and hopefully RoF will balance epic and heavy and not turn too much to one side forgetting about the other like FCTE with was a pretty fast and not-epic album (except for the last song). I guess we'll see.
DieH@rd - 18.09.2013 at 21:57
YES! Give it to me, nao!

Luca made awesome album on its own, now Staropoli and Fabio need to prove themselves.

News Rhapsody Of Fire - Announce New Studio Album 10.5 02.07.2013 by R Lewis
News Rhapsody Of Fire - New Album Details 10.5 16.03.2011 by The Shape 1973
News Rhapsody Of Fire - Release New Album Previews 9 24.11.2013 by The Shape 1973
News Rhapsody Of Fire - New Album, New Label, New Power 9 19.11.2009 by Csuvog
News Iced Earth - Reveal First Details About New Album 7.5 25.04.2013 by Angel_Lament

Hits total: 1962 | This month: 32