Megadeth have unveiled the trailer of their new DVD Countdown To Extinction: Live to be released worldwide on September 24th (September 23rd outside of North America) via Tradecraft/UMe. It will be available in several video and audio configurations, including deluxe Blu-ray/CD, DVD, CD, digital album, and more. The band performed their fifth studio album Countdown To Extinction in its entirety. The album was recorded in Los Angeles in 1992 and released that same year. It became a classic album.

Last November and December, Megadeth went on their Countdown To Extinction 20th Anniversary Tour ripping through their entire double platinum 1992 album from start to finish before performing other classics from their recorded catalog. This show was recorded and filmed at Los Angeles' Fox Theatre last December.

Countdown To Extinction: Live also features all of the other Megadeth classics the band performed, including "Holy Wars" and "Hangar 18" from 1990's Rust In Peace, and "Peace Sells".

Countdown To Extinction: Live tracklist:

19. Outro

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 21.09.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Zaphod - 21.09.2013 at 13:35
What a horrible trailer. I'd rather they just let one or two songs play and have a trailer voice talk over it, instead of 8 songs in a one minute trailer...
AeonGio - 21.09.2013 at 15:55
They used to be one of my favorite bands, these last few years they've gone down the slopes...
Dylan - 21.09.2013 at 16:31
Eh.. sounds a bit average. Enjoyed the RIP Live DVD, would have preferred to see a full playthrough of Peace Sells.. than this album.
Ewokki - 21.09.2013 at 22:05
Just watching. Much better than RiP live, or Big Four and That One Night-blurays. Better production. Of course, setlist and sound is personal thing. I like this very much. Very big suprise! Gonna watch this many times...
Zaphod - 21.09.2013 at 23:03
Written by Dylan on 21.09.2013 at 16:31

Indeed. If they're doing it for CTE and RIP, why the fucking fuck are they not doing it for their best release, Peace Sells?
Angelic Storm - 22.09.2013 at 09:20
Written by Zaphod on 21.09.2013 at 23:03

There are songs on that album Dave won't play anymore, due to their satanic overtones, and him now being a Christian. "Bad Omen", "The Conjuring", and also I think "Good Mourning/Black Friday", are songs he won't play anymore due to his beliefs.

As for this DVD, those songs really don't suit being played a full step down... they sound weird.
Ace Frawley - 22.09.2013 at 10:24
The obligatory crowd shot showing a girl with big b@@bs.
Zaphod - 22.09.2013 at 12:59
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.09.2013 at 09:20

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Absolutely ridiculous. Especially since "Good Mourning/Black Friday" is one of my favorite Megadeth songs.
And about the full step down, very weird indeed, but I still prefer it to Dave not being able to hit 80% of his notes.
Draven Edge - 22.09.2013 at 22:03
Excellent, I really enjoyed the full album Rust in Peace live release, Megadeth will always be one of my favorite bands. I was fortunate enough to meet and interview Marty Friedman, then Nick Menza came and joined me and my friend Ace after Marty left. Cool memories for me. Personally I believe that Megadeth was a much better band with Marty and Nick. As we all have witnessed their albums have lost their creativity and impact since Nick and Marty left. Countdown also brings back memories of a certain 'section' of my life, so it will be cool to see it performed in it's entirety.
The Shape 1973 - 23.09.2013 at 12:57
Not a good advert. The vocals sound terrible. Shame really, liked this album when it came out.
Ewokki - 23.09.2013 at 19:37
Vocals sounds ok IMO. Not dubbed, i guess, sounds live. Very entertaining live-bluray. Have watched their previous live-dvds, like this most of all. Yes, low tuned guitars, but still sounding good.
Angelic Storm - 28.09.2013 at 18:56
Written by Zaphod on 22.09.2013 at 12:59

It is ridiculous, and Good Mourning/Black Friday is one of my fave Megadeth songs too...

I know why they started playing a full step down, so it's understandable, but it still sounds weird to me though. lol

News Megadeth - To Release New Live DVD 7.5 09.04.2010 by Warman
News Megadeth - To Release Live CD & DVD 7.5 04.12.2006 by Katatronik
Albums Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction: Live [DVD] 6 29.09.2013 by Rulatore
News Chthonic - To Release Live DVD, Trailer Online 5.5 13.02.2012 by X5452
News Iced Earth - Upcoming DVD Release Date Announced, Trailer Online 5.5 27.02.2013 by Bad English

Hits total: 2094 | This month: 78