The focus should be on the band's new album, but lately that has been overshadowed by Necrophobic's frontman Tobias Sidegård who was arrested on charges that he'd abused his wife and children. The sentence was handed down by the Svea appeals court and Sidegård will only be doing six months for assault, a less serious offense, as opposed to the 18 that he'd been originally sentenced to. The musician was also ordered to pay his wife 16,000 Swedish kronor (approximately $2,500) in damages plus interest.

According to Metal Insider, Sidegård was found guilty of two charges of "abuse". He was originally accused of "severe abuse to a female partner" but the court found that the testimony from his ex-wife Linda was not altogether trustworthy, in that she hadn't been totally forthcoming about her own drug use.

The frontman had stated in an email that he had been innocently accused and never hit a woman in his life.

Source: metalinsider.net
Band profile: Necrophobic

Posted: 22.09.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Bad English - 22.09.2013 at 14:06
I might agree whit 6 months but I disagree to pay to wife or ex wife any money, before people get mery they need write a deal if there is devorceing, that no propetrhy deal, nothing
this is good lesson to ppl who belive in meriadge
psykometal - 22.09.2013 at 14:50
Written by Bad English on 22.09.2013 at 14:06

this is good lesson to ppl who belive in meriadge

That's called a Prenuptial Agreement.
Bad English - 22.09.2013 at 15:26
Written by psykometal on 22.09.2013 at 14:50

Written by Bad English on 22.09.2013 at 14:06

this is good lesson to ppl who belive in meriadge

That's called a Prenuptial Agreement.

I know, I just messing up man
BTW fine is shit money sek 16 000 is well I would say I need sek 25000 to LIVE ok in Sweden, sek 16 000 as single can do the trick to survive, so I am suprised why he need pay so less,
Lit. - 22.09.2013 at 19:35
What is it with metal artists and their wives?
Why can't get ever get arrested for cool things like robbing a band or grand theft auto
'
Big-Al - 22.09.2013 at 22:21
Sad news for Tobias and unfortunate timing for his band mates seeing as the new album has just been released. Necrophobic is awesome & they're great guys (I met them after a show in 2011). I hope he gets through this alright.
ANGEL REAPER - 22.09.2013 at 22:29
And another nominee for Total dick Award for this month is ... well guess who...
ImperialTroll - 23.09.2013 at 00:35
This doesn't change anything, Necrophobic is one of the best bands out there and Tobias is one of the best vocalists you'll ever come across...All metalheads should support him and his art no matter what!
The Shape 1973 - 23.09.2013 at 13:00
Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 00:35

I can't believe I've just read that post. Are you saying wife and child beating is OK because he plays metal? I hope not.

I've just noticed your name. I do hope you are just living up to it and don't mean it.
BloodTears - 23.09.2013 at 13:04
He's not the victim here. I hope that is clear.
Fritillaria - 23.09.2013 at 13:08
@ Angel Reaper : The commenter below you qualifies more
Fritillaria - 23.09.2013 at 13:16
Written by BloodTears on 23.09.2013 at 13:04

He's not the victim here. I hope that is clear.

How so he's not the victim here ?
ANGEL REAPER - 23.09.2013 at 13:21
Written by Fritillaria on 23.09.2013 at 13:16

Written by BloodTears on 23.09.2013 at 13:04

He's not the victim here. I hope that is clear.

How so he's not the victim here ?

maybe because victim is word used for one who got beatings/stabbed/k-worded/unalived etc.
Fritillaria - 23.09.2013 at 13:23
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 23.09.2013 at 13:21

hahaha,why I read it guilty , so silly of me !
M C Vice - 23.09.2013 at 13:49
Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 00:35

Liking or respecting the music doesn't mean you have to like or respect the man. Look at Varg.
ImperialTroll - 23.09.2013 at 17:44
Written by The Shape 1973 on 23.09.2013 at 13:00

Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 00:35

I wrote this because I've noticed some people giving the whole band shitty comments and say they won't buy their new album because the band has a "wife beater" among their ranks, and that's just stupid. That band is awesome and their music should be supported. If the band decides to keep Tobias among their ranks then they all have my support, and if they don't wanna have him anymore then fine, as long as it doesn't affect the music.
Fritillaria - 23.09.2013 at 18:02
Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 17:44

no they won't have a bit from me,not for this one and not for any other one who want to have a bit of sexism or racism. And of course beating a woman or child is unforgivable, the band should be ashamed of themselves totally.Music is an art of entertainment and enjoyment if the one who can entertain me and by that bring enjoyment to me,on the other aspect of life can beat a woman or child too,should be totally ignored ! Not even a bit of support for such people even they have the most awesome music !
ANGEL REAPER - 23.09.2013 at 20:36
Written by Fritillaria on 23.09.2013 at 18:02

Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 17:44

now you are too radical as well.You might judge a man an hate him but you should separate the "artist" from the "person".Seriously look at Varg-he is a twisted little nazi asshole but i like Burzum's material.Now if he would promote his views in his music i would discard that material.Same thing here-the dude is a total dick for domestic violence but the material presented on their new album do not say anything about that (at least i think-correct me if i am wrong).i mean i'm just saying ...
Fritillaria - 23.09.2013 at 20:43
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 23.09.2013 at 20:36

well it might seem radical, but Varg has been always on my list of boycotted musicians, everyone else may enjoy such music by people who have those kind of ideas,or maybe they can still listen to someone who had already beaten his wife/child , but I can't really.And I only can't stand racism and sexism ! But I'm not harsh at it until they start to practice it. Even there have been some music that perhaps they had a bit of those isms(some hints in their lyrics) overshadowed by their good musics and I still don't ignore them.But preaching it or practicing those ideas,is another story for me.
ImperialTroll - 23.09.2013 at 23:09
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 23.09.2013 at 20:36

Written by Fritillaria on 23.09.2013 at 18:02

Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 17:44

That's the problem, people can't always be able to split the musician from the person, but think about it, black metal has always had musicians who acted in a strange way, take Silencer, Gorgoroth, Mayhem to name a few...I don't support some of their personal acts as individuals, but that doesn't mean I should be ashamed of enjoying their music and art. That would be simply idiotic.
ANGEL REAPER - 23.09.2013 at 23:12
Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 23:09

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 23.09.2013 at 20:36

Written by Fritillaria on 23.09.2013 at 18:02

Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 17:44

agreed ..however NSBM would be different story ...
ImperialTroll - 23.09.2013 at 23:15
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 23.09.2013 at 23:12

Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 23:09

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 23.09.2013 at 20:36

Written by Fritillaria on 23.09.2013 at 18:02

Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 17:44

agreed ..however NSBM would be different story ...

And One Direction.
Sunioj - 12.10.2013 at 12:46
Coming from a huge fan of Darkside and from someone who grew up in a cunt of a family - fuck this guy. He should stay in longer for his actions. Cunt.

News Necrophobic - Frontman Reportedly Arrested, Responds To Allegations 6 05.09.2013 by Nemo Atkins
News Gorgoroth - Frontman Released From Norwegian Prison 4 09.01.2007 by Syk
Albums Necrophobic - Darkside 3 15.03.2011 by Destructhor
General forum Teen Gets Prison For Sawing Head Off Corpse 3 29.07.2006 by animal
News Tim Lambesis - Sentenced To 6 Years In Prison 2.5 17.05.2014 by Alex Fenger

Hits total: 1985 | This month: 1