The suspense is over. Rhapsody Of Fire have just premiered a brand new song from the new album Dark Wings Of Steel. The song is called "Silver Lake Of Tears" and you can stream it right here. Dark Wings Of Steel is the first album from the symphonic power heavyweights without former guitarist and songwriter Luca Turilli. What is the direction of the new album? You can get a first taste now.

The album drops on November 22nd in Europe and December 3rd in North America via AFM Records. Check out the album trailer here as well.

Tracklist:

12. A Candle To Light (extended version) [digipak and vinyl bonus]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Rhapsody Of Fire

Posted: 04.11.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

R Lewis - 04.11.2013 at 20:51
To me it sounds like a "SOEL II" b-side... hope this will grow on me with more listens.
AngelofDeth - 04.11.2013 at 22:01
....whelp this is what everyone feared most..

It's not terrible but it sounds like a RoF copy band rather than RoF. The catchiness is there, the orchestration is there, the awesomely chessy vox/lyrics are there but the technical complexity and variations that set RoF apart in the first place seemed to have left with Luca.. hopefully this is just one of the more simplistic songs from the album..
Grey Wind - 04.11.2013 at 22:34
I tend to agree with AngelofDeth regarding the riffs on this song.
However I think the rest of the album will be better. I mean, these guys aren't stupid!

Either way, I am always happy to hear Fabio sing. His voice saves this song. Him and Alex (keyboard) have a huge charismatic presence.
I don't think Luca can get someone who can compete with them. The bottom line is both sides lost a lot from the band's break-up..but I still hope this album will kick ass !!
WinterMadness - 05.11.2013 at 00:02
Not a huge RoF fan, but always remember guys.
The preview song(s) are never the best on the album. So don't get too worried if the song they release early is a bit mediocre.
Stunning Cactus - 05.11.2013 at 02:13
I genuinely hope this album is better than this song. Waaay too simplistic for my tastes (considering we're listening to Rhapsody of Fire).
Empyror - 05.11.2013 at 02:37
I like it well enough. I also agree with Grey Wind that any excuse to listen to Fabio sing is a good one. We also have to remember that we are listening to this song out of the context of the album. It may compliment the songs before and after it.
LeChron James - 05.11.2013 at 04:19
Looks like Staropoli's running the show now. The guitar isn't nearly as present as it used to be. It honestly sounds like something that shoulda been on the Hollow Haze album.
Kamil - 05.11.2013 at 11:09
So, where are these "heaviest guitar parts ever"
The Shape 1973 - 05.11.2013 at 12:27
Don't dislike it but it is more of the same. Do like the chorus, sounds a bit close to Symphony style.
Stormlord - 06.11.2013 at 08:25
For me this sounds like Legendary Tales and not follow up to From Chaos To Eternity. I really hope that the production will be much better when the album is out.
CWA - 06.11.2013 at 10:23
Seems like it is just me, but I enjoy having two different flavors of rhapsody.
OpenMind - 06.11.2013 at 15:37
I can't said i love it, is not bad but lets hope will be better tracks on album.
Cronomaster - 06.11.2013 at 16:13
Well, I don't expect anything special from this album... they've already done their best.
DieH@rd - 08.11.2013 at 01:57
Imma gonna wait for entire album. This song is not bad, but its lacking that Luca touch.

News Rhapsody Of Fire - Premiere Another New Song 10.5 20.11.2013 by The Shape 1973
News Rhapsody Of Fire - New Guitarist, New Song Online 9 15.04.2011 by Fat & Sassy!
News Rhapsody Of Fire - Reveal New Album Title 7.5 06.12.2010 by Dargor