More good news for proggers today. The British band Threshold has returned to the studio to work on the follow-up to their most current album March Of Progress, which was released last year via Nuclear Blast. The band's forthcoming tenth studio album is tentatively scheduled for a 2014 release. Now you have something to look forward to next year.

Guitarist Karl Groom commented: "It's good to be working on a new Threshold album and cut the time between releases. Our touring for the March Of Progress album inspired Rich and I to get writing not long after the main set of dates. We want to thank everyone for their support during that time. I should add that other members of the band have also have been writing! Right now I am tracking rhythm guitars and Johanne is due in the studio as soon as we put the finishing touched on a couple of songs. Hopefully 2014 will be another memorable year for Threshold."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Threshold

Posted: 11.11.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Diverge - 11.11.2013 at 16:40
This coincides with Headspace's Pete Rinaldi becoming a temporary bassist for Haken. I'm glad they are back in the studio.
thehondo - 11.11.2013 at 16:47
Love this band. MOP was brilliant. Glad they are at so soon.
JohnDoe - 11.11.2013 at 18:17
This is great news!
John Shock - 11.11.2013 at 18:30
Now i'm excited!!! Thanks Threshold!!
AeonGio - 11.11.2013 at 21:22
In my opinion MOP was one of the best albums of 2012, so i'm looking forward to the follow up!
DeathSlyzer - 11.11.2013 at 21:47
Yes! This will be something to really look forward to! MOP was indeed a brilliant album, and it was als othe album that got me interested in prog metal on a higher level. I have absolute faith that they can impress me just as much again. With Wilson on vocals, they're unstoppable. Mac was of course a fantastic vocalist as well.

News Threshold - In The Studio, New Album Next Year 7.5 13.10.2011 by jsoft
News Amorphis - Back In The Studio Recording New Album, Out In 2011 5.5 01.10.2010 by MeloDeathViking
News Slayer - Back In The Studio 5.5 31.08.2014 by Hex_Omega
News Shining - Back To The Studio And A New Bassplayer Found 5.5 27.03.2008 by Lucas
News Bloodbath - Back In The Studio For Third Full-Lenght Album 5.5 18.04.2008 by Visioneerie