Well, it seems that we can expect an early treat for 2014, this time from the Greek prog black metallers Hail Spirit Noir whose debut album Pneuma was released in 2012. Titled OI MAGOI and featuring 7 tracks, the release date for this "black, filthy and psychedelic" trip is set for January 20th, 2014, through Code666 Records. The band has also revealed the artwork and you can see it below.

Here's the official statement, taken from their Facebook page: "It's time people. The sophomore album is almost upon you. Promising a trip into the obscure and all things black, filthy and psychedelic, it bears the title OI MAGOI (transl. "the magicians") and features seven new chapters for you lasting approximately 49 mins. Release date is set for January 20, 2014 from Code666 Recs. Prepare yourselves, the Spirit Noir is at it again."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Hail Spirit Noir

Posted: 25.11.2013 by Monolithic

Comments

mz - 25.11.2013 at 15:09
Good. I also like the artwork.
Karlabos - 25.11.2013 at 15:57
Yis! Hail "Hail Spirit Noir".
Draugen - 25.11.2013 at 16:38
Cool! I don't say no to more wacky prog.
Unhealer - 25.11.2013 at 16:58
Yessss, finally some news on this
Pazdzioch - 25.11.2013 at 17:31
Should be musically fun...

Not impressed cover art though - Venom from Spider-Man on the chest wtf?! 'Pneuma' contains a lot better work.

Edited: Fuck! Venom is also on debut
SelfXPlanetOrE - 25.11.2013 at 18:51
And with that, life is worth living again.
Apothecary - 25.11.2013 at 20:39
Wooohoooo! I was in such a state of suspense ever since they announced it earlier and never followed up on the news, but I guess good things come in time. Time for the masters to show us how it's done
necros4 - 26.11.2013 at 16:50
Finally...how long did i expect these news!!!
C'mon Hail Spirit Noir blow our minds,once again...
The most difficult for a band who has an amazing debut,is to make a better lp than the first...
Any bets by anyone?
Troy Killjoy - 26.11.2013 at 17:04
Written by necros4 on 26.11.2013 at 16:50
Any bets by anyone?

I'm betting (nothing) that this album will be their best, and anything that comes after will be a disappointment.
necros4 - 27.11.2013 at 16:34
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.11.2013 at 17:04

Written by necros4 on 26.11.2013 at 16:50
Any bets by anyone?

Why you say that?
Troy Killjoy - 27.11.2013 at 16:41
Written by necros4 on 27.11.2013 at 16:34
Why you say that?

Just a hunch. Their debut is weird and pushes the envelope a bit, but it also seems a little... inconsistent. This time around I think they'll have a new-found confidence based on how well they did with Pneuma and they will have matured in the songwriting department. I'm guessing any issues the band had with the debut will be amended here, which will be the height of their career. It's hard to follow up an album like that, so - again, I'm only guessing here - I don't think they'll ever manage to create something better in the future.
Divergenceless - 29.11.2013 at 01:03
I couldn't get into the debut, but we'll see about this one.
necros4 - 29.11.2013 at 09:51
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2013 at 16:41

Written by necros4 on 27.11.2013 at 16:34
Why you say that?

You're quite correct about all these.Nice approach of thoughts.The band is not new in the scene,they were ''TRANCENDING BIZZARRE'' once (i think),so about the songwriting i think it's more to the how much inspiration they would have.It is always the inspiration for me that gives good songs...
We'll see how this will work...
Rojin - 29.11.2013 at 15:38
Cover art is OK. Looking forward to it.
Karlabos - 01.12.2013 at 21:20
Written by necros4 on 29.11.2013 at 09:51

We'll see how this will work...

Because they once were in Transcending Bizarre my guess is that they won't be releasing that very much stuff after this one, at least stuff sounding like what they are now. I think of them of that kind that will release 2 or 3 albums and move on, to a complete different project. This could possibly be their last. These guys are awesome and they know it, that's why they didn't even provide a sample on their page to catch feedback. If they recorded something and received sort of a negative feedback they wouldn't try and disappoint again, that's what I think.
Apothecary - 08.12.2013 at 03:56
Written by Pazdzioch on 25.11.2013 at 17:31

That's the same face that was on the stomach of the demon on the cover of Pneuma
Pazdzioch - 08.12.2013 at 13:50
Written by Apothecary on 08.12.2013 at 03:56

Nicely. Have you noticed that my post edit contains exactly the same thoughts

News Hail Spirit Noir - Premiere New Song 7.5 27.12.2013 by Apothecary
Albums Hail Spirit Noir - Oi Magoi 6 06.01.2014 by strade
Albums Hail Spirit Noir - Pneuma 6 17.03.2012 by piratebay
News Iskald - New Album Coming Next January 5.5 29.11.2013 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Jorn - Releasing Retrospective Album In January 5.5 05.12.2012 by White Death