While their fans are eagerly awaiting their new album, Greek extreme symphonic metal band Septicflesh has revealed today the brand new cover and the tracklist of their upcoming reissue of 1998's A Fallen Temple. The cover was designed by Seth Siro Anton and the album will be released on January 17th (January 21st in North America) via Season Of Mist. This remastered re-release includes four rare bonus tracks.

"The Last Time" is a Paradise Lost cover which was previously only available on a long sold-out tribute album to one of the Greeks biggest influences, and the last three bonus tracks come from the 1998 The Eldest Cosmonaut EP.

Tracklist:

01. Brotherhood Of The Fallen Knights
02. The Eldest Cosmonaut
03. Marble Smiling Face
04. Underwold Act 1
05. Temple Of The Lost Race
06. The Crypt
07. Setting Of The Two Suns
08. Erebus
09. Underwold Act 2
10. The Eldest Cosmonaut (Dark Mix)
11. The Last Time (Paradise Lost cover)
12. Underwold Act 3
13. Finale
14. The Eldest Cosmonaut (Single Version)

Septicflesh entered Devasoundz Studios in Athens last month to record their ninth album, the follow-up to 2011's The Great Mass. This forthcoming opus, yet untitled, should be out before summer 2014.

[Also thanks to Michaelis for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Septicflesh

Posted: 25.11.2013 by BloodJuNkie

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 25.11.2013 at 21:10
Please, stop this madness...
Vombatus - 25.11.2013 at 21:22
The guy does the same thing over and over again... Will he ever stop making ugly covers ?
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.11.2013 at 21:24
Written by Vombatus on 25.11.2013 at 21:22

Will he ever stop making ugly covers ?

MaiSweettShaadow - 25.11.2013 at 22:54
Written by Vombatus on 25.11.2013 at 21:22

ugly? this guy has being doing CD covers/artwork Since the last century , he has done artwork/covers for Katatonia/opeth/paradise lost & Septicflesh .and many other bands.
Your argument is invalid bro.
3rdWorld - 25.11.2013 at 23:06
Well, some of his other stuff ain't that bad but the lady in this artwork is just plain fucking lifeless and awful.
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.11.2013 at 23:11
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 25.11.2013 at 22:54

Written by Vombatus on 25.11.2013 at 21:22

Your argument is invalid bro.

Yes? So? Doesn't take away from the fact that it's still ygly as hell, like 99% of the artwork he's done. Metal is renowned for ugly artwork which gets praised by fans and artists alike.
Vombatus - 25.11.2013 at 23:49
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.11.2013 at 23:11

Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 25.11.2013 at 22:54

Your argument is invalid bro.

I have to agree with Marcel. Doing a lot of covers does not exclude at all the fact they are ugly. Quantity is not quality.

Also, I'm quite familiar with Mr. Siro's works and even if some of his older works can be considered meh-ish (nothing worth of praise, but not nauseating) what I absolutely hate of his covers are the most recent ones. Septicflesh, Nile, Sybreed, Kamelot, Ex Deo and so on....
They ALL follow the same pattern: central humanoide figure with the same kind of background and a cheap copy-paste on the sides. All done with exactly the same style and basically a rehash... Not worth a crap if you ask me.
Troy Killjoy - 26.11.2013 at 00:12
SSA is probably the most overrated cover artist I can think of. His contemporary works especially are all mired in the same uncreative, uninspired Photoshop approach. Maybe take some time and apply some effort. Maybe paint something rather than spending 20 minutes on a computer figuring out how to "radically alter" your previous works.
chronic-headache - 26.11.2013 at 01:31
Seriously? People hate SSA's artwork?
the hell is wrong with you all. When did we become art elitists? I think the reissue artwork has all been fantastic, as well as Siro's recent contributions o metal album art.
bif91 - 26.11.2013 at 01:37
I agree on the overall opinion in this thread on his artwork (specially all the latest reissued albums), but I did like The Great Mass cover. But all the artwork on their reissued albums is...really...ugh..not what I was hoping for. I did have some expectations after their 2011 album. Anyone else liked The great mass cover? (cd edition).
MaiSweettShaadow - 26.11.2013 at 03:04
Also Nile and Pd have artwork from this guy
Troy Killjoy - 26.11.2013 at 03:06
Written by chronic-headache on 26.11.2013 at 01:31
When did we become art elitists?

If we're elitist about our taste in music, you can be sure we're elitist about our taste in art.
LeChron James - 26.11.2013 at 04:43
That...thing has the expression on its face like "Fuck my life, I ended up on a reissue cover".
Unhealer - 26.11.2013 at 05:00
Written by LeChron James on 26.11.2013 at 04:43

Thanks for the LOL!
andreosokin - 26.11.2013 at 08:18
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 25.11.2013 at 22:54

Written by Vombatus on 25.11.2013 at 21:22

Your argument is invalid bro.

Seth has never done any covers for Opeth or Katatonia. You must have mixed it up with Travis Smith
Rhiannon - 26.11.2013 at 12:42
Written by chronic-headache on 26.11.2013 at 01:31

Seriously? People hate SSA's artwork?

I agree with you, but it seems we are in a minority here... I like his style, and don't have any problems with this cover or the others
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.11.2013 at 12:48
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 26.11.2013 at 03:04

Also Nile and Pd have artwork from this guy

So? What are you trying to say with this? That album art is crap too.
Troy Killjoy - 26.11.2013 at 15:05
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.11.2013 at 12:48
So? What are you trying to say with this? That album art is crap too.

Remember At the Gate of Sethu? God what a mess.
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.11.2013 at 15:07
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.11.2013 at 15:05

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.11.2013 at 12:48
So? What are you trying to say with this? That album art is crap too.

Remember At the Gate of Sethu? God what a mess.

Yep, I am still stabbing my eyes out because of that one.
Cynic Metalhead - 26.11.2013 at 16:05
Ugh, guys got crazy over cover art. Seriously. Ugh.

Okay, I'm more interested in listening to four rare bonus tracks than what Seth did with his cover art again.
Eccer - 26.11.2013 at 16:33
I think his art are pretty darn awesome from time to time, especially The Great Mass. But I can see why people doesn't like this one.
Mad Arab666 - 26.11.2013 at 20:24
I still think the reissue for mystic places for dawn was his worst artwork ever. THAT. was ugly
s_t_s - 27.11.2013 at 16:11
I like this cover unlike most of you and don't even see what's wrong with it. Come on, the lastest CoF album cover (Manticore) is soooo cheesy! This one may not be a great piece of art, yet I like it and I love the Great Mass cover (but I'm talking about the digipack, don't know bout the single CD version)
Troy Killjoy - 27.11.2013 at 16:36
Written by s_t_s on 27.11.2013 at 16:11
Come on, the lastest CoF album cover (Manticore) is soooo cheesy!

What's your point here? Cradle of Filth sound nothing like Septicflesh, cater to an almost entirely different audience, and that cover art was done by Matt Vickerstaff, not SSA.
Marcel Hubregtse - 27.11.2013 at 16:39
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2013 at 16:36

and that cover art was done by Matt Vickerstaff...

ssst he might read this and I have a suspicion he still isn't happy about my thoughts on this CoF cover art and the one he did for My DYing Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings
Troy Killjoy - 27.11.2013 at 16:43
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.11.2013 at 16:39

Did you piss him off or something?
Marcel Hubregtse - 27.11.2013 at 16:49
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2013 at 16:43

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.11.2013 at 16:39

Did you piss him off or something?

Actually not really. He can take criticism really well. And the first time I met him was before I knew he did cover artwork. Met him for the first time at Hellfest 2007 when the both of us were totally pissed and bitching and complaining like no tomorrow about the horrendous weather and terrible organisation of Hellfest 2007. We get along great to be honest. Had a blast with him and his girlfriend at last year's Doom Over London festival and this year's Deserfest London. It's safe to say that whenever we meet we get drunk
Reaper_Redeamer - 27.11.2013 at 20:15
Seth's work is impressive once again.
And learn that in this kind of art, artists dont change usual their style cause its about technical matters and every artist has its own... In a few words its almost impossible for them to express in a different way.
Mattybu - 27.11.2013 at 22:06
Interesting use of the puke stain front and centre, it's funny that this happens to be the same guy who did the Nile one because right away when I saw this, without knowing who did either, I thought "wow this looks like the cover from that Nile album".
s_t_s - 28.11.2013 at 17:57
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.11.2013 at 16:36

Written by s_t_s on 27.11.2013 at 16:11
Come on, the lastest CoF album cover (Manticore) is soooo cheesy!

I'm not talking styles in music but in artwork. And like I said I like this cover, unlike the latest CoF album cover which is reaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad ! I mean you can like or dislike this one but I'm not sure we can find anyone who likes The Manticore and Other Horrors cover

Anyway, if you come to think about it, most metal bands seem to do their best to have ugly covers I love Rage or Amon Amarth but their covers.... :/

PS : btw, funny coincidence but I happened to be listening to this album by Septicflesh and I don't see any reason to change the original cover but hey why not sell an album once if you can sell it twice ?
Creativinity - 07.12.2013 at 11:49
You guys are weird. The whole time I'm listening to a Septicflesh CD all I'm doing (in between the headbang line of sight) is stare at the covers. This guy is art. But as a graphic designer this cover IS ugly, and I don't think it was on purpose.
Neroese - 07.12.2013 at 22:43
Reisue - is that mean that it's the same album like days ago or old songs but recorded again?
Mr. Doctor - 07.12.2013 at 22:49
Written by Guest on 07.12.2013 at 22:43

Exact the same as the original album. The only difference is the artwork and the four bonus tracks.
Neroese - 07.12.2013 at 22:53
Written by Mr. Doctor on 07.12.2013 at 22:49

Written by Guest on 07.12.2013 at 22:43

Money, money everywhere.

News Septicflesh - Full Cover Artwork Revealed 7.5 07.04.2011 by morsus
News Septicflesh - New Album Cover Art Revealed 7.5 10.02.2011 by MechanisT
News Tarja - New Album Cover Artwork Revealed 4 17.05.2013 by Angel_Lament
News Manticora - Cover Art Revealed And 2 Song Samples 4 19.04.2007 by White Winter Sun
News Primordial - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 4 22.02.2011 by MechanisT