Innovators Cynic have premiered the title track from the forthcoming new album Kindly Bent To Free Us in the form of a lyric video. You can feast your eyes/ears on it right here. This is the second song showcased off the new album after "The Lion's Roar". Which song do you prefer?

The album will be released on February 18th, 2014 (February 14th worldwide) under the Season Of Mist banner.

About the new material, drummer Sean Reinert said previously: "...It's a bold new sound for Cynic and marks a gigantic leap in the band's progression. We've had a lot of time to let this material develop and gestate, and it finally feels ready to be unleashed on the world. I've been in trio mode with Malone and Masvidal flushing out a zillion and one details, and couldn't be happier about what's happening with these songs. They are truly alive!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cynic

Posted: 14.01.2014 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

Unhealer - 15.01.2014 at 00:09
Hobbit-sized? That's about as big as my expectations for this album are after the two previews :/
Luneth - 15.01.2014 at 00:49
Oh god, let the onslaught of merciless genre disintegration and classification begin. Personally, I love every song Cynic make. There isn't one album, EP, LP, whatever, Cynic is a great band.
LeKiwi - 15.01.2014 at 00:55
Hmm.....
whatsacow - 15.01.2014 at 05:44
I like it more than the last song they released... but we'll see. Cynic albums have a way of growing on me.
Divergenceless - 15.01.2014 at 05:52
Not Traced in Air quality, but certainly the best thing they have released since that album. That being said, the album could certainly still be a tossed bag given the last EP and the first released track.
BloodTears - 15.01.2014 at 12:16
I'm not loving this new song, but I still think the album could be good. I preferred "The Lion's Roar".
JohnDoe - 15.01.2014 at 12:37
Liked the song, I'll definitely look for this album
Lethrokai - 15.01.2014 at 18:11
Preferred The Lion's Roar, but this song is still not too shabby. They're changing their sound up yet again by the looks of things.
One thing I'm really liking about this new sound is that Malone's bass is fucking beautiful to listen to.

There really is no way of predicting how this album will be (if you're not opposed to this sound as a whole, that is) so I'm just going to wait until it's released. Hopes are high right now though. It's fresh, but still Cynic.
qlacs - 16.01.2014 at 16:50
Sounds fair to me. Good news for me that Sean (Malone) was on board with them.

News Protest The Hero - Release Lyric Video For New Song 9 17.10.2013 by Unhealer
News Artillery - Release Lyric Video For New Song 8.5 28.10.2013 by nina jensen
News Pantera - To Unveil New Video For Unreleased Song 8.5 16.03.2012 by s_t_s
News Behemoth - Release Lyric Video For New Song 8.5 28.01.2014 by WarriorFenix
News Gamma Ray - Premiere Lyric Video For New Song 8.5 24.02.2014 by Angelic Storm