Voiciano is the new acoustic project of the Edenbridge singer Sabine Edelsbacher and Lanvall (grand piano, acoustic guitars and other string instruments, percussion). Voiciano is based on acoustic instruments exclusively, mainly the grand piano. However many other instruments like acoustic guitars, hammered dulcimer, kacapi, bouzouki, mandolin, saz and diverse percussion instruments are appearing. Sabine and Lanvall were also able to get some great guests for the album. Most of them are longtime friends. The album Everflow will be released over their own label in Spring 2014.

Furthermore, a real string orchestra can be heard, the orchestra "Junge Philharmonie Freistadt". The music was recorded nearly exclusively without any click tracks, that means without any predetermined tempo, which accentuates the liveliness and soul of the songs.

Lanvall says: "The idea was born after our Edenbridge promotion acoustic show in Vietnam. In 2010 Sabine and I flew to Vietnam for a 10 minutes show case, to perform 3 songs on the 1000 Years Hanoi Festival. The simplicity of the whole process concerning the rehearsals and the show were pure fun for us. You just request for a microphone and a grand piano, enter the stage and perform. When we came back, I went through my files and piles of sketches of numerous ideas, which remained unused to this point. I was astonished how many great songs I found in layouts in this acoustic form. This inspired me immediately to write completely new songs additionally."

Sabine adds: "I always had the idea for a solo project with more balladesque songs. Voiciano is exactly, what I had in mind. In Voiciano my voice gets more room in all its nuances, this is what I enjoy of course. Furthermore I will bring myself in into the lyrics. The mystic atmosphere of our songs will remain of course - I think we cannot do it differently - it's a part of us."

Lanvall continues: "After the huge production of the last Edenbridge album The Bonding, it was extremely important to gain distance musically and be involved in something, which is different. The reduction in the music and the process to record much of the music live, gave me tremendous joy. I believe that everybody who loves Edenbridge, will love Voiciano too, although it shows us from a completely different side. When I began to arrange the songs I was immensely touched by the feeling and the souls of the songs. This inspired me to learn new instruments like the hammered dulcimer, which can be heard in a couple of songs and creates an own mystic atmosphere."

"Voiciano is a project among our main band Edenbridge, to live out this faible for acoustic music. All songs would also work with just vocals and piano in the live situation. I think that after this album I will also be really inspired for a next big Edenbridge album!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Edenbridge

Posted: 21.01.2014 by Bad English

Comments

Bad English - 21.01.2014 at 12:24
Such side projects killed best part of gothic and gothiv doom metal what was still good in mid late 90's
annodomini - 21.01.2014 at 15:30
Written by Bad English on 21.01.2014 at 12:24

Such side projects killed best part of gothic and gothiv doom metal what was still giid in mid late 90's

Which best part?
Bad English - 21.01.2014 at 15:40
Written by annodomini on 21.01.2014 at 15:30

Written by Bad English on 21.01.2014 at 12:24

Which best part?

no because many modern bands has side projects, new bands, more turn to modern sound, more prog, symphic, to get century media redord deal and more bands spend time whit main band and also play original sound
JohnDoe - 21.01.2014 at 16:07
Written by Bad English on 21.01.2014 at 12:24

can you give some examples to support your opinion?
Ozman - 21.01.2014 at 16:09
Written by JohnDoe on 21.01.2014 at 16:07

Written by Bad English on 21.01.2014 at 12:24

can you give some examples to support your opinion?

He can't
Bad English - 21.01.2014 at 16:13
Written by JohnDoe on 21.01.2014 at 16:07

Written by Bad English on 21.01.2014 at 12:24

can you give some examples to support your opinion?

After Forever 1th album, 3th and the mortal, old tristania, even Nighwtsih , this band, and more, why 80's thrash or so called true metal bands stick to one band or fiev, but not many side projects and active bands same time, look at MS news ''x band launches side project''

only good side project I can name at this moment is Demons n Wizards and Avatarium (since its not leif's main band)
JohnDoe - 21.01.2014 at 16:18
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

can you give some examples to support your opinion?

You cannot generalize just with three examples. Nightwish does not count in this discussion.
Some musicians need side projects, they need and want to express themselves musically, otherwise than before.
Angel_Lament - 24.01.2014 at 23:05
Mmm... This does looks interesting, after their last album which was a disappointment...
DreamingDesire - 15.11.2014 at 17:35
Written by Bad English on 21.01.2014 at 16:13

Written by JohnDoe on 21.01.2014 at 16:07

Written by Bad English on 21.01.2014 at 12:24

can you give some examples to support your opinion?

Theatre Of Tragedy had great gothic sound in the 90s with Liv Kristine in it, it's not even the same band anymore...
Bad English - 15.11.2014 at 18:48
Written by DreamingDesire on 15.11.2014 at 17:35

its not even a metal anymore and I 100% agree

News Akercocke - Band Members Launch New Black Metal Project 5.5 01.11.2011 by midland_don
News Decomposter - Finntroll Members Launch Death Metal Project 5.5 30.12.2009 by GT
News Warbringer - Two Members Leave, Band's Future In Doubt 4 12.05.2014 by Deadmeat
News Noturnall - New Shaman Members Project 4 25.09.2013 by Empyror