Six Feet Under vocalist Chris Barnes is bringing fans his latest work of sonic deviance in the form of the fittingly christened IHATE. This venture was launched between Barnes and multi-instrumentalist/fellow horror enthusiast Bob Taggett, and their as-yet-untitled debut promises to deliver eight violent tracks of raw death metal brutality and lyrical depravity. You can hear a preview of the track "Seeing Red" now below to whet your appetite.

Chris Barnes discusses the project IHATE: "To me, it really is a masterpiece of brutal, violent death metal! I'm really stoked that if got to work on this album. The fans know that I'm no stranger to writing some sick lyrics, but the stuff I have come up with this time is entirely over-the-top even by my standards. I really want the fans to hear this album and dig into the storylines of the songs. This is the first time I've used crowd-funding to make and release an album. And it's been a very challenging, interesting learning experience along the way. And an eye-opener as well. We are really hoping the fans of death metal will make a pledge and preorder our new album. It's really important to us that this album gets released. This is brutal as fuck."

Several IHATE preorder packages, which include autographed posters and CDs as well as a chance to have a personal listening session with Barnes himself, are available via Pledge Music.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Six Feet Under

Posted: 26.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

J. N. - 26.01.2014 at 13:03
I hope he won't suckerpunch me for thinking this is just as garbage like his whole career.
Bad English - 26.01.2014 at 13:24
This is what I meant once when I told such side projects kills original bands
Uldreth - 26.01.2014 at 13:46
Completely banal and uninteresting.

I also don't get this fucking obsession with "lyrical depravity". It is as if this sort of music had no actual purpose to exist, it does not portray anything even close to any human emotions, the lyrics do not have any point to them, and it is not like the music even has any cool atmosphere or anything.
It literally does not have a reason to exist.
J. N. - 26.01.2014 at 14:26
Written by Uldreth on 26.01.2014 at 13:46
It literally does not have a reason to exist.

The only band I can think of with positive lyrical depravity is Cattle Decapitation. Every other band's pretty much "were da moast brotalest lol" to me.
JohnDoe - 26.01.2014 at 16:10
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24

This is what I meant once when I told such side projects kills original bands

still makes no sense what you say here. How does a side project kill an original band?

Godawful vocals.
Bad English - 26.01.2014 at 16:18
Written by JohnDoe on 26.01.2014 at 16:10

Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24

This is what I meant once when I told such side projects kills original bands

Godawful vocals.

less time for original band, more time for side project,
JohnDoe - 26.01.2014 at 16:22
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24

This is what I meant once when I told such side projects kills original bands

Godawful vocals.

less time for original band, more time for side project,

wow, that's all you can come up with?
Bad English - 26.01.2014 at 16:24
Written by JohnDoe on 26.01.2014 at 16:22

Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24

wow, that's all you can come up with?

prove if I am wrong
JohnDoe - 26.01.2014 at 16:32
Quote:
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24

wow, that's all you can come up with?

prove if I am wrong

It's not side projects that kills original bands, some artists need to express themselves musically otherwise than in the "original band", as you say. They then get back in the "original band" and continue working with it. Look at Dream Theater for example. All members have side project for ideas that don't go with DT. Alex Skolnick of Testament has a jazz-rock fusion project. Does that kill Testament?
Bad English - 26.01.2014 at 16:40
Quote:
Written by JohnDoe on 26.01.2014 at 16:32

Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24

wow, that's all you can come up with?

prove if I am wrong

it did necause DT trooly sucks and Fates Warning always will be better,
Testament is OK one rare example
Azazel - 26.01.2014 at 16:42
Quote:
Written by JohnDoe on 26.01.2014 at 16:32

Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24

wow, that's all you can come up with?

prove if I am wrong

Agreed. Gave the last Morbid Angel album another go the other day. Ideas that should of been kept for a side project pretty much killed them off.
cossaisVendeurs - 26.01.2014 at 16:45
What the fuck is a Dhate?
JohnDoe - 26.01.2014 at 16:51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it did necause DT trooly sucks and Fates Warning always will be better,
Testament is OK one rare example

DT does not suck because members have side projects. You don't like them anyway, I won't say anything more.

Members in fates Warning have side projects as well (OSI, Redemption, Arch/Matheos).
Members of Pink Floyd had solo albums. It did not kill Pink Floyd. They just retired.

Your arguement that musicians need to be with their bands at all time is ridiculous. Musicians take time out of their "original band" when the band is on a break. They have some free time to create some songs on their own, Nothing wrong with that.
Joodicator - 26.01.2014 at 17:01
Clearly only something for die-hard Chris Barnes fans, and I can't imagine there are many of those.
J. N. - 26.01.2014 at 18:09
Written by JohnDoe on 26.01.2014 at 16:51

You get more sense from talking to a wall than talking to K7, dude.
Troy Killjoy - 26.01.2014 at 18:33
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24
This is what I meant once when I told such side projects kills original bands

Right, because Six Feet Under have been dropping masterpieces on us prior to this...
Bad English - 26.01.2014 at 18:46
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.01.2014 at 18:33

Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24
This is what I meant once when I told such side projects kills original bands

I never have been fun of this band, but there are many bandw who's mussicans are bussy and left main band
MetalSpider - 26.01.2014 at 19:04
IHATE...sponsored by Apple.
ScreamingSteelUS - 26.01.2014 at 21:05
This is wonderful news. I can't wait for the album to come out just so I can give it a lousy rating.
Uldreth - 26.01.2014 at 21:45
Written by J. N. on 26.01.2014 at 14:26

Written by Uldreth on 26.01.2014 at 13:46
It literally does not have a reason to exist.

If I remember well, early Cryptopsy has some really elquently written "brutal" lyrics that are pretty fun, and I also tend to like some stuff by Benighted and Abominable Putridity (lyrically speaking, otherwise those two are among the few BDM bands I really like) but that is about it. Most of these "brutal for the sake of brutality" stuff just repulses me. Nothing interesting here, and I find it absolutely impossible to make any sentimental connection to this type of music.
-Morbid- - 26.01.2014 at 22:36
Vehemence had some pretty "brutal"/sick lyrics on God Was Created that were certainly much better than most of the "mega brutil bro" lyrics lots of bands come up with.
vezzy - 27.01.2014 at 07:27
Let's hope all those cannabinoids haven't strained Barnes' vocal chords too badly.

Who am I kidding, this is an embarrassment.
3rdWorld - 27.01.2014 at 07:27
Fucking awful song.
BDM666NZ - 27.01.2014 at 07:32
Lol, will give it a listen when my connection becomes healthier.. but reading these comments, wtf am i doing here haha. elitists much
Opethian - 30.01.2014 at 01:59
Right on Barnes

News Six Feet Under - Unveil New Album Details, New Song Online 9 11.04.2012 by skullkill
News Six Feet Under - Two New Songs Online 9 24.03.2007 by Shadowthrone
News Six Feet Under - Entire New Album Streaming Online 9 19.05.2012 by exomorphyx89
News Six Feet Under - Announce New Album, New Song Streaming Online 9 11.02.2013 by LeChron James
News Six Feet Under - Slayer Cover Streaming Online 9 20.12.2009 by magatouve