Recently, we found out all about Delain's impending new album The Human Contradiction. Now the band has announced two guest vocalists for the upcoming album. The first one revealed was The Agonist's Alissa White-Gluz. Her clean vocals and signature screams are featured on the record's finale "The Tragedy Of The Commons". The second vocalist revealed is none other than Marco Hietala from Nightwish, Tarot.

The band says: ''We are very excited about the much anticipated return of vocal force Marco Hietala on our upcoming record. After our collaboration with Marco on our first two albums we can't help but hearing his voice in some of the songs we write! We love his contributions on The Human Contradiction: Marco adds greatly to the power of 'Your Body Is A Battleground' as well as to the melancholia of 'Sing To Me'."

Marco states: "I've done quite a few visitations on select albums during my career. Delain and their albums are among the most frequent. If you listen to their stuff, you'll know why. Martijn and his group seem to have plenty to say both musically and lyrically. Keep it up mates!"

Alissa states: "After a couple days of touring with Delain, I HAD to go buy a CD or two. This band blew me away with their intelligent songs, energetic yet extremely precise live show and overall charisma. Sure enough, after buying an album at their merch table and listening to it on repeat while working out, my suspicions were confirmed: Delain IS AN AWESOME BAND! I'm very flattered and honored to participate in their upcoming album. I see Delain going very far, I wish them nothing but success and I'm glad to contribute my share!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Delain

Posted: 01.02.2014 by Bad English

Comments

M C Vice - 01.02.2014 at 13:22
The 2 albums that Heitala appeared on were far better than the one he didn't, so hopefully this will be return to form for Delain.
the_scarecrow - 01.02.2014 at 14:03
I was hoping they wouldn't bring Hietala back for guest vocals. For me, personally, his vocals seemed way too forced, to the point of annoyance, on both Lucidity and April Rain.
"Sever", "The Gathering" and "A Day For Ghosts", from Lucidity, and "Control The Storm", from April Rain, in my opinion, were brought down severely by his input.
The only exception I found was "Nothing Left", from April Rain, where his voice is rather pleasant.
If his performance is more like it was on "Nothing Left", then I'll be happy.
JohnDoe - 01.02.2014 at 14:17
Having guests on an album seems to become a trend, I see more and more bands are doing it. And when the presence of the guest does not bring anything to the song (as i have seen many times), I just don't see the point. Or is it a publicity stunt if the guest is famous, it might sell more records, i don't get it.
The Shape 1973 - 01.02.2014 at 22:14
Written by the_scarecrow on 01.02.2014 at 14:03

I was hoping they wouldn't bring Hietala back for guest vocals. For me, personally, his vocals seemed way to forced, to the point of annoyance, on both Lucidity and April Rain.

Each to their own I suppose. I believe the exact opposite. His voice added a raw edge to the female vocals that were a bit bland.

News Periphery - Entire New Album Available For Streaming, Announce Full-Time Bassist 7 28.06.2012 by snake? snaaaake!
News Job For A Cowboy - Announce Studio Drummer For New Album 7 06.11.2013 by Rupert
News Korpiklaani - Announce New Album Title, Track Available For Download 7 27.01.2012 by
News Cradle Of Filth - Announce North American Release Date For New Album 7 18.08.2012 by Bad English
News Katatonia - Announce Silje Wergeland As Guest Vocalist On New Album 7 17.05.2012 by