Epica revealed another piece of the puzzle of their impending new album The Quantum Enigma. The Dutch metallers launched an Instagram page and took the opportunity to share the album's cover art. Feast your eyes on the final result right here. As for the album's release, it is set for May 2nd in Europe, May 5th in the UK and May 13th in the USA via Nuclear Blast Records.

What do you think?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Epica

Posted: 16.02.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 16.02.2014 at 12:57
There's a lot going on. Bit of a mess really.
FeskarN - 16.02.2014 at 14:09
I like many details in coverart but this looks messy.
Unhealer - 16.02.2014 at 14:17
It's decent, would be better without all those unnecessary random white shapes and lines.
Zaphod - 16.02.2014 at 15:34
Atrocious, just like the last one.
LascaillesShroud - 16.02.2014 at 15:53
And along comes the guy who likes it.
Empyror - 16.02.2014 at 16:10
I like it too. Better than the last one.
CWA - 16.02.2014 at 16:14
This cover art is awesome. It's not messy at all, most of you simply have the attention span of children and don't really take the time to look at the art. The art work is quite profound actually, but it requires some rudimentary knowledge of Eastern mysticism to understand it.
The Shape 1973 - 16.02.2014 at 16:18
I hate art snobs.
Angel_Lament - 16.02.2014 at 16:37
It looks amazing actually, at least for me!
ScnD361 - 16.02.2014 at 18:33
I love it. It's a lot better than the last one... a lot better.
PocketMetal - 16.02.2014 at 18:37
Their best cover art by far , they usually don't have great covers though. it's detailed imo , not messy. it would actually look good on a physical copy.
MELANCOHOLIC - 16.02.2014 at 20:56
It is a good artwork but i still think The Divine Conspiracy is actually better. It is their second best imo
Pitwulf93 - 16.02.2014 at 21:22
Looks great!
Metalmenial - 16.02.2014 at 23:24
It's interesting atwork. More mystical and more emotional and nicer than the last album atwork. I'm very demanding about cover art, of course, music also. So sometimes I must be a serious and critical, but I respect the terrible (don't like for me) cover art, because it's about feelings and opinions of bands. I agree with Unhealer. These white lines are unnecessary, but not forget, those lines maybe have importance for the creator. I think there is nothing to solve. It's a typical theme of a Epica with a typical cover art. One more information, Epica is affected by Mayan and contrariwise.
Night Theater - 17.02.2014 at 01:15
Written by Unhealer on 16.02.2014 at 14:17

Given that the album, at least in part, will be about quantum physics, I wouldn't say the white 'shapes' are random.

I, for one, love the cover art.

One of the reasons others love the Divine Conspiracy cover is because it has a naked Simone on the front... who doesn't like the cover?

I'll definitely want to review this album.
Dima - 17.02.2014 at 01:27
I wouldn't call it messy. More like, comprehensive and detailed.
R'Vannith - 17.02.2014 at 06:59
Written by CWA on 16.02.2014 at 16:14

For a brief moment I'll muster all of my childish undivided attention just to say that I hope the Eastern mysticism of which you speak is indicative of the music in some way. It would be very interesting if this were the case.
allgutsnoglory - 17.02.2014 at 08:52
I hope it's better than Requiem. That was a boring album
MHOE - 17.02.2014 at 12:24
That cover art looks weird... Not a bad thing because I like to explore new things... But still, it's weird to me.

Those strange dull colours (or colour scheme), white lines/curves, hard-to-distinguish underwater elements (it's a bit messy)... Well, the previous album cover art also looked quite weird - and I enjoyed the album in the end.
CWA - 17.02.2014 at 15:43
Written by R'Vannith on 17.02.2014 at 06:59

Written by CWA on 16.02.2014 at 16:14

Ditto
Metalmenial - 17.02.2014 at 17:15
It reminds me very Design Your Universe, which was fantastic. So I hope that the music will be fantastic and compact too.
I'm trying to understand what atwork means. This mountain is as peak of iceberg where is mysterious eye of something, divine maybe...Ship and submarine examine for something under water. The sky is also investigated.
Anyway, it's great imagination.

Tracklist:
1. Originem
2. The Second Stone
3. The Essence Of Silence
4. Victims Of Contingency
5. Sense Without Sanity - The Impervious Code
6. Unchain Utopia
7. The Fifth Guardian (interlude)
8. Chemical Insomnia
9. Reverence - Living In The Heart
10. Omen - The Ghoulish Malady
11. Canvas Of Life
12. Natural Corruption
13. The Quantum Enigma - Kingdom Of Heaven part II
chronic-headache - 17.02.2014 at 17:32
ITT: Art Snobs

i love this cover
AngelofDeth - 17.02.2014 at 21:08
Written by Metalmenial on 17.02.2014 at 17:15

13. The Quantum Enigma - Kingdom Of Heaven part II

Stoked on the "Kingdom of Heaven Part II" part!
annodomini - 18.02.2014 at 10:34
Written by Metalmenial on 17.02.2014 at 17:15

Anyway, it's great imagination.

Tracklist:
1. Originem
2. The Second Stone
3. The Essence Of Silence
4. Victims Of Contingency
5. Sense Without Sanity - The Impervious Code
6. Unchain Utopia
7. The Fifth Guardian (interlude)
8. Chemical Insomnia
9. Reverence - Living In The Heart
10. Omen - The Ghoulish Malady
11. Canvas Of Life
12. Natural Corruption
13. The Quantum Enigma - Kingdom Of Heaven part II

Well at least Requeiem had more original tracklist. It's amazing how they manage to keep the same structure over and over again. Still don't know if it's a great thing, though. Nevertheless, I enjoyed RFTI a lot, but still hope this to be more like DYU.

News Overkill - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Unveiled 8.5 22.03.2014 by FelixtheMetalcat
News Yngwie Malmsteen - New Album Tracklist And Cover Art Unveiled 8.5 12.11.2012 by metal2000
News Triptykon - New Album Cover Art And More Unveiled 8.5 07.02.2014 by Zaphod
News Eden Weint Im Grab - Album Cover Art Unveiled, New Song Online 8.5 09.03.2011 by Ag Fox
News Tiamat - New Album Cover Art, Tracklist And Release Date Unveiled 8.5 10.09.2012 by Opethian