On April 18th, the new Edguy album, Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown, will be released via Nuclear Blast. Since we all already know what the standard edition's tracklist and artwork are, now it is time to take a look at the limited digibook edition, containing 2 CDs.

Also available will be a strictly limited hardcover earbook collector's edition (28.5x28.5cm) containing the two discs, a photographic history with more than 130 photos from the band's archive, liner-notes, touring history and more.

Here you have the bonus tracks and the limited edition's artwork:

01. England
02. Aychim In Hysteria
03. Space Police (progressive version)
04. Space Police (instrumental version)
05. Love Tyger (instrumental version)
06. Defenders Of The Crown (instrumental version)
07. Do Me Like A Caveman (instrumental version)

Source: edguy.net
Band profile: Edguy

Posted: 20.02.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

R Lewis - 20.02.2014 at 18:26
Fuck. I just finished repairing my shitometer, and here they make it explode again.
BloodTears - 20.02.2014 at 18:28
What I find intriguing about this is the "progressive version" of the song "Space Police". WTF

Is that like a progressive prog thing?
Akke920 - 20.02.2014 at 18:59
Omg.... even worse....
Nemo Atkins - 20.02.2014 at 19:15
Nice idea on paper (it's not too far removed from what Civil War did for the artwork for their singles for their debut album last year, which I thought were pretty nicely done), but poorly done here.

Also, "20% more metal"? More metal than what, exactly?
FeskarN - 20.02.2014 at 19:22
Written by Nemo Atkins on 20.02.2014 at 19:15

Also, "20% more metal"? More metal than what, exactly?

Maybe 20 % more metal than their previous album? Just a guess xD
Nemo Atkins - 20.02.2014 at 19:32
Written by FeskarN on 20.02.2014 at 19:22

Written by Nemo Atkins on 20.02.2014 at 19:15

Also, "20% more metal"? More metal than what, exactly?

Maybe 20 % more metal than their previous album? Just a guess xD

Fair enough. Still, not a lot of point in advertising it's 20% more metal and not saying what it's more metal than for the benefit of the people who've never heard of the band before now...also, if it is meant to be "20% more metal than "Age Of The Joker"", that doesn't really inspire confidence that it's their heaviest record to date, as Tobi claims it is.

Ah well, I guess we have potential fuel for humorous comments when the single comes out...especially if it turns out to not live up to the standards Tobi has set it up for!
FeskarN - 20.02.2014 at 20:04
Written by Nemo Atkins on 20.02.2014 at 19:32

Yeah, indeed. I will not be suprised if the album turns out to be a rock album again... Tobi's recent albums with edguy and avantasia have been disaponting.
Nemo Atkins - 20.02.2014 at 20:49
Written by FeskarN on 20.02.2014 at 20:04

Written by Nemo Atkins on 20.02.2014 at 19:32

I actually liked the last Avantasia album quite a lot (it was one of my favourite power metal albums from last year, as I found most of the rest of the stuff coming from the scene very dull...). My big issue with the last Edguy was that, well, it was a pretty weak album, no matter which way I looked at it (I'm usually not too fussed about genre debates: if I like it, I like it, simple as that!). I wouldn't object to the new Edguy being like The Mystery Of Time, but, considering that Tobi basically followed up The Wicked Symphony and Angel Of Babylon by making an album of all filler and nothing interesting (to my ears, at least...), I'm not too hopeful about this one.

Still, I'll be willing to eat my words if Tobi turns out to have made a strong album with this one. Probably literally, if I'm so bored on the day that this comes out that I feel like putting all of this onto a sheet of paper and eating it...
Joodicator - 21.02.2014 at 00:19
I think what everyone seems to have completely missed here is that the band's having a bit of fun and they've never been known to take themselves seriously at all. It's horrible, but that's exactly what they were going for. And for that reason, I like it.
deadone - 21.02.2014 at 01:25
Here's hoping the album cover is an indicator of some kick arse Speed/Power Metal.
BynersA7X - 21.02.2014 at 01:33
Aaaand they made it worse.
WorpeX - 21.02.2014 at 05:17
Came here expecting to see a much better cover artwork and then being annoyed that they didn't make that the official cover.

I was wrong.
LeChron James - 21.02.2014 at 06:51
To whoever drew that:

"Ain't no one out here 'bout to stop my shine."
-F. Mercury
Gopherhawk - 21.02.2014 at 06:54
Once again kill it with fire.
The Shape 1973 - 21.02.2014 at 11:31
Was expecting something better than the other cover, but no. Its worse.

Tobi obviously has no respect for this band anymore.
tomasmakina - 21.02.2014 at 12:19
Written by FeskarN on 20.02.2014 at 19:22

Written by Nemo Atkins on 20.02.2014 at 19:15

Also, "20% more metal"? More metal than what, exactly?

Maybe 20 % more metal than their previous album? Just a guess xD

I think he reffers to the standard edition, this one has an extra cd, so there comes the 20% extra
mandrake88 - 22.02.2014 at 11:19
I expect this album to be a mixture of Hellfire - Rocket Ride... At least that's what the goofy art cover and promises of metal reveal.... what comes out of this album is secondary lol
Malaghost - 23.02.2014 at 11:30
I suspect Tobi is just trolling all fans with this and is having good laughs reading all the feedback. This alternate version is even more satirical a irony is oozing from it in buckets.
Ellrohir - 24.02.2014 at 00:26
Written by The Shape 1973 on 21.02.2014 at 11:31

Tobi obviously has no respect for this band anymore.

actually this is exactly Edguy's altitude

i am but more worried about the music and its quality
Pitwulf93 - 24.02.2014 at 01:30
Written by Joodicator on 21.02.2014 at 00:19

Thank you for this comment. I was beginning to think everyone on MS was a complete idiot.
Why can't metal music be funny and not taken too seriously? They are going for a comic album cover and I think it's quite hilarious.
HumanSpirit - 24.02.2014 at 02:04
Tobias, please fucking stop.

News Children Of Bodom - Reveal New Album Title, Cover And More 8.5 19.03.2013 by Windrider
News Witch Mountain - Reveal New Album Cover Art And More 8.5 22.07.2014 by Lit.
News Grave Digger - Reveal New Album Title And Cover Art 7 18.06.2012 by Angel_Lament
News Vader - Reveal New Album Cover Art And Tracklist 7 19.03.2014 by Mr. Cheeky
News Todtgelichter - Reveal New Album Cover And Tracklist 7 09.01.2013 by Draugen