The details about the new Insomnium album are finally here. First of all, their sixth studio album is entitled Shadows Of The Dying Sun. The album will be released on April 28th in Europe and on April 29th in North America via Century Media Records, which is not that far away. The tracklist was also released and you can have a look at it right here. Don't forget to check out the album's first trailer as well where you have a glimpse of the album art, presumably.

The artwork was again created by Wille Naukkarinen, all the drums were recorded at studio SF Sound (with Kimmo Perkkiö) while rest of the instruments were put on tape at studio Korkeakoski under watching eyes of Teemu Aalto. André Alvinzi (Fascination Street Studios) took care of the mix and the album is mastered by Svante Forsbäck at Chartmakers.

Tracklist:

01. The Primeval Dark
02. While We Sleep
03. Revelation
04. Black Heart Rebellion
05. Lose To Night
06. Collapsing Words
07. The River
08. Ephemeral (album version)
09. The Promethean Song
10. Shadows Of The Dying Sun

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Insomnium

Posted: 24.02.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Vitriolic Hate - 24.02.2014 at 14:55
Can't wait!
deadone - 24.02.2014 at 15:17
What a lame teaser - something more meaty would've been far more appreciated.
JohnDoe - 24.02.2014 at 15:19
I'm not teased at all
deadone - 24.02.2014 at 15:25
Written by JohnDoe on 24.02.2014 at 15:19

I'm not teased at all

It's too lacking shapely figures and hints of supple delights beneath.

It's like showing of some hairy ankles.
Joodicator - 24.02.2014 at 15:54
For the second time in a row, they didn't name it <lengthy title beginning with a preposition>. You have failed me Insomnium.
.:Nataras:. - 24.02.2014 at 16:06
Good Mourning another Insomnium's pop album!
Joodicator - 24.02.2014 at 16:08
I should perhaps clarify that I'm still extremely stoked for this.
JohnDoe - 24.02.2014 at 16:28
Quote:
Quote:

It's like showing of some hairy ankles.

arrrghhh, gross.

anyway, a new Insomnium album is good news, one of the few melodic death metal bands I enjoy
Swietowit11 - 24.02.2014 at 18:54
Written by Joodicator on 24.02.2014 at 15:54

Damn! You beat me to the lack of preposition comment. I guess Century Media staff are a little stricter on grammar. I'm excited as hell! I usually wait until the full album is available to listen, so I haven't heard the single yet. That said, my greatest hope for this album is that the production is significantly improved from the last.
FeskarN - 24.02.2014 at 19:11
I hope that the production will be better on this one than the previous album. I didn't like the guitar sound on that.
Cynic Metalhead - 24.02.2014 at 20:48
Written by deadone on 24.02.2014 at 15:25

Written by JohnDoe on 24.02.2014 at 15:19

I'm not teased at all

It's too lacking shapely figures and hints of supple delights beneath.

It's like showing of some hairy ankles.

You still spraying of frustration of what shit happened with JOOE, right?

Teaser ain't that bad. But, yeah nothing can be said as of now. It's not at all very promising.

I gotta have to wait till album drops.
AngelofDeth - 24.02.2014 at 22:59
Don't have alot of hope for this as they've gotten blander and blander the last 2 albums...

But I would be remiss to not give it at least one spin, we'll see...

P.S. couldn't resist using remiss in a sentence... been reading too much Sherlock.
Hyperion - 25.02.2014 at 00:06
I dont know man, but the last time i read anything about their new album, they said they even have blast beats at some point of this album, if that hints at anything, this might be heavy stuff
wintress - 25.02.2014 at 01:13
I don't know about y'all, but I fucking loved the trailer/teaser - it has the creepy sound I like and cool imagery. On another note, I hope the album is solid because this genre is dead atm.
deadone - 25.02.2014 at 02:17
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.02.2014 at 20:48

You still spraying of frustration of what shit happened with JOOE, right?

Huh?

I was being a sleazy deviant. Y'know - sex and stuff!

You gotta learn to switch your sense of sleaze humour on sometimes - I recommend several series of Family Guy followed by a course of Cleveland Show.
Zadion - 25.02.2014 at 09:56
Written by Joodicator on 24.02.2014 at 15:54

How the fuck have I not noticed that they do that before?
Fallen Ghost - 25.02.2014 at 12:46
Written by FeskarN on 24.02.2014 at 19:11

Agreeing with you, One For Sorrow didn't have a good production.. (imo) Could have a sound similiar to Above The Weeping World or something, but that's maybe because it's, in my opinion, their best album yet, followed by Since The Day It All Came Down.
s_t_s - 25.02.2014 at 17:33
I like the last 3 albums of Insomium whatever you may say so I hope this one will be as catchy. At least Ephemeral sounded great on the single.
Reaper_Redeamer - 26.02.2014 at 01:05
I cannot wait anymoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Stunning Cactus - 28.02.2014 at 10:28
I was pretty on the fence about One For Sorrow. It altogether sounds wonderful, but also sounds exactly the same almost all the way through. As I am not terribly familiar with their earlier releases, perhaps I will enjoy this new one a lot more than most fans.

News Insomnium - New Album Details And E-Card Online 10.5 02.07.2009 by Fhuesc
News Vallenfyre - Unveil New Album Cover Art And Trailer 8.5 14.03.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Inquisition - New Album Details And Trailer Unveiled 8.5 28.08.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Frailty - Unveil New Album Details, Trailer Online 8.5 11.02.2012 by Bad English
News Necrodeath - New Album Trailer And Details Released 8.5 08.04.2014 by Bad English