This could be interesting. On May 23rd (May 27th in North America), Season Of Mist will release a special compilation entitled One And All, Together, For Home. Initiated by Drudkh mainman Roman Sayenko, this project consists of established bands from the metal world recording folk and mostly acoustic songs. Does it sound like something you would want to hear?

Every band recorded one to three tracks, all exclusive and previously unreleased. While most of them are renditions of traditional tunes from their respective countries, some of them are genuinely personal material. Song titles, cover artwork and formats will be unveiled later.

Bands participating:

• Primordial (Ireland)
  • Drudkh (Ukraine)
  • Ava Inferi (Portugal)
  • Kampfar (Norway)
  • Winterfylleth (England)
  • Häive (Finland)
  • Himinbjorg (France)
  • Mondvolland (The Netherlands)

In other news, Roman Sayenko's other band Blood Of Kingu is currently recording a new album, which will be released later this year on Season Of Mist's Underground Activists division. Stay tuned for that.

Source: season-of-mist.com
    Band profile: Drudkh
    Posted: 25.02.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Curumir - 25.02.2014 at 22:41
    This sounds awesome! I hope it will be similar to the "Whom The Moon A Nightsong Sings" compilation. It's great that they actually record some new songs and do not just take previously released acoustic pieces.
    Gothmog_Motsham - 25.02.2014 at 23:50
    Oh man this is gonna be really interesting! If it's anywhere near Drudkh's folk albums it's gonna be wonderful indeed and the line up sounds really promising
    Feng - 26.02.2014 at 00:14
    I may be interested in this. Once again a bit disappointed to see Winterfylleth chosen as the English representative though, I appreciate their music but we have other pagany black metal bands around, would be nice to see them given more exposure! Gets a bit grinding seeing Winterfylleth pop up everytime as the black metal representative.

Ah well, can't be too harsh, they clearly have good connections and make nice music, so props to them for getting the exposure.
    ChildofHorus - 26.02.2014 at 00:43
    Nice, but kind of surprised by the choice of bands. I didn't expect lots of bm bands for a folk cd :p But I guess that doesn't have to say anything.. Most of them being pagan themed and all.
    Forefather would have made a great representation for England, but Winterfylleth is a great band in my book as well.

All in all very interesting bands and very curious how it will turn out.

As for Mondvolland being chosen: Gelderland represent!
    Karlabos - 26.02.2014 at 03:01
    That's how I read the post:
    (...)
    In other news, Roman Sayenko's other band
    Blood Of Kingu is currently recording a new album , which will be released later this year on Season Of Mist's Underground Activists division. Stay tuned for that.

Blood of Kingu. new Album. Can't Wait. O_O
    BrianStorm - 26.02.2014 at 09:11
    Written by Feng on 26.02.2014 at 00:14

Any bands you'd like to name? The only ones I know of that I can think of right now are Forefather, Wodensthrone, and Oakenshield.
    Ozman - 26.02.2014 at 13:04
    Written by ChildofHorus on 26.02.2014 at 00:43

As for Mondvolland being chosen: Gelderland represent!

I was thinking more or less the same thing Province I grew up in represent!
    NocturnalStalker - 26.02.2014 at 16:02
    Sounds nice!
    Frodd - 26.02.2014 at 17:58
    Written by Curumir on 25.02.2014 at 22:41

I owe you a manhug for introducing that album, man. Thanks!
    Curumir - 26.02.2014 at 18:58
    Written by Frodd on 26.02.2014 at 17:58

I owe you a manhug for introducing that album, man. Thanks!

You're welcome. I think it's the best complation ever made; the artists, the music and the beautiful digibook unite to an awesome piece of art, and i hope this new compilation will be comparable
    metalwolf - 27.02.2014 at 19:52
    Written by BrianStorm on 26.02.2014 at 09:11

Written by Feng on 26.02.2014 at 00:14

Since when is Forefather a pagany BM band?
    DreadfulYgg - 28.02.2014 at 02:10
    Written by Curumir on 25.02.2014 at 22:41

My sentiments exactly. Whom the Moon a Nightsong Sings is a personal favorite of mine.
    DreadfulYgg - 28.02.2014 at 02:11
    Written by Feng on 26.02.2014 at 00:14

Winterfylleth excels with their acoustic/softer side, so I'm happy for it.
    Feng - 19.03.2014 at 16:22
    Written by BrianStorm on 26.02.2014 at 09:11

Written by Feng on 26.02.2014 at 00:14

Yay late replies!

I'd definitely push you to give a listen to Old Corpse Road and Fyrdsman, both have recently released their full lengths after some previous demo / EP releases. Ildra are also quite enjoyable.

News Drudkh - New Split And Compilation Details 7.5 21.11.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
    News Primordial - Debut Song From Folk Compilation 5.5 11.03.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!
    News Roadburn Festival 2013 - Primordial, Cult Of Luna And More Confirmed 5.5 01.10.2012 by Lit.
    News Project Rogue - Featuring Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse, Cynic Members And More 5.5 22.06.2014 by Lit.
    News Devil's Highway - New Band Featuring Kyle Thomas, Steve DiGiorgio And More 5.5 15.09.2014 by Boxcar Willy