The new Elvenking album, The Pagan Manifesto, will be released on May 9th via AFM Records. The band already teased us with a promising and mysterious trailer, and here comes another reason to be excited, since Amanda Somerville (Trillium, Avantasia) will lend her vocals to a track of the album.

The band says: "Amanda will sing a part on what will be the longest song ever recorded by Elvenking. A song we had always wanted to write - that celebrates a reign of renewal carved on our roots. Our own Manifesto."

Photo courtesy of Elvenking's official Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Elvenking

Posted: 26.02.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

Pitwulf93 - 26.02.2014 at 19:47
Love Amanda's voice! This really looks like it's heading to be Elvenking's best album in a while
siyah - 27.02.2014 at 00:16
They will never return to their pre-Scythe era, will they
Teravolt_Danny - 27.02.2014 at 01:17
I actually just discovered these guys. So far I've listened to Two Tragedy Poets and The Scythe. Two Tragedy Poets if a great album. I wish they had some other folk-acoustic albums like it, it's great stuff. The Scythe was a bit more interesting. I don't mind bands trying to merge metal with more commercial sounding music, but I feel like they fell a bit short of the mark on that album - although the song "Infection" is still great.
Stabby - 28.02.2014 at 08:20
Well damn! That adds a lot of potential to the song. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Maybe another song like Seasonspeech? Or is that too much to ask now? We'll have to see.
Stabby - 28.02.2014 at 08:24
Written by Teravolt_Danny on 27.02.2014 at 01:17

Those are good, though everyone is the most crazy for the first 3 albums because they're closer to folk metal and power metal. I'm sure you would have got to them eventually but since you have concerns about the commercial elements of the album, just know that The Scythe is their lowest rated album on MS for a reason.

News Elvenking - New Album Update, Announce Guest Musicians 9 04.07.2012 by J. N.
News Karl Sanders - To Guest On New Nervecell Album 5.5 26.02.2011 by
News Shining - Reveal New Album Tracklist, Guest Performers 5.5 09.08.2013 by Korah
News Ancient Bards - Fabio Lione To Guest On New Album 5.5 30.01.2014 by Ruchesko
News SSS - Napalm Death Frontman To Guest On New Album 5.5 21.05.2011 by LeChron James